• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] 100 ml lightning slayer wanted

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to craft 100% mana leech +lightning 40 or more Slayer katanas. What chain of steps do i take in order? Also should i shoot for elemental props or is that a waste?
More info:
i have a few runic hammers available for reforging if it helps.
it will be for casual farming of mud eles and demons and dragons.doesnt have to be an uber katana or wep but i would want as much ml and lightning as possible.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, but what you want is not possible. The most that HML and HLL can be overcapped is 150%. Katana have a max of 62% HML, meaning that you'd be topped out at 93%.

If you're willing to accept that, then you need a copper hammer(s), 1) make the katana. 2) reforge w powerful, and choose 1 title (vampiric/of the vampire). 3) POF. 4) imbue with slayer and hit lightning.

Be prepared for each of these katana to take ~2 hammers.

Since elemental damage doesn't take an imbue slot, I guess you could go ahead and make the katanas from the proper material for elemental damages in the first place.

Getting max HML and 100% elemental damage, while possible, is not simple. I think you'd need to use bronze hammers, or maybe even gold. Choose powerful, 2 titles - vampire/exquisite. If you go this route, please post your results, but I suspect that you should plan to burn about 10 hammers per sword in this case.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, but what you want is not possible. The most that HML and HLL can be overcapped is 150%. Katana have a max of 62% HML, meaning that you'd be topped out at 93%.

If you're willing to accept that, then you need a copper hammer(s), 1) make the katana. 2) reforge w powerful, and choose 1 title (vampiric/of the vampire). 3) POF. 4) imbue with slayer and hit lightning.

Be prepared for each of these katana to take ~2 hammers.

Since elemental damage doesn't take an imbue slot, I guess you could go ahead and make the katanas from the proper material for elemental damages in the first place.

Getting max HML and 100% elemental damage, while possible, is not simple. I think you'd need to use bronze hammers, or maybe even gold. Choose powerful, 2 titles - vampire/exquisite. If you go this route, please post your results, but I suspect that you should plan to burn about 10 hammers per sword in this case.
Ok will try! Than ks for the info

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, has anyone come up with a program with which you can enter your desired attributes and get a 'how-to'? I'm sure there's many like the OP who would love to make a specialized weapon but never could figure out what does what, how much can be put on a weapon, etc. (something similar to the BOD reward one which is listed on Stratics)?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, has anyone come up with a program with which you can enter your desired attributes and get a 'how-to'? I'm sure there's many like the OP who would love to make a specialized weapon but never could figure out what does what, how much can be put on a weapon, etc. (something similar to the BOD reward one which is listed on Stratics)?
make me an app for.my android.. id buy it :)

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make me an app for.my android.. id buy it :)
Me too! I like to consider myself of average intelligence but the amount of planning and number crunching and odds and rng and and and...that goes into attempting (attempting!!) to create an item is just too overwhelming! I love the UO crafting system. I've only been here for 12 years or so but of those 12 years 10 have been playing pure crafters, currently play on Siege with a pure crafter...it's what I enjoy and again, it's why I love UO! but...trying to figure out how to make a weapon....Well first you need to make a weapon out of a certain material, but only certain materials will work! then you need to soak it in powder then if you think you did that right you try to add a mysterious name to it (which I will say I did find a good place here on stratics which helped at least with what each name stands for)...I could go on with this narrative but I think the point is there. If I need to spend 80% of my game time surfing the web to find information on how to play the game, and I am someone who's been playing for a decade..then how are new players going to feel??
In closing, would one of you eggheads put together an easy to use graphic interface pop-up imbuing/enhancing/reforging interface?? Please? And put it in as an app as well for the smart generation.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after playing around with imbuing (im only at 106 imbue) i got my katana up to 58 Mana leech and 48 Lightning. i really want that max mana leech someday when i max my imbue up , but for now i can say im happy with it :)
will play with reforging later on. thanks everyone for the replies !

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing