• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

100% HLL vs Vamp Form

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I could have sworn I found a thread in there talking about dropping necro b/c he's running with a 100% HLL weapon. Today though, I can't find this thread to post in it, so I am making a new one.

Have many of you tried this swap?

For the life leech, it looks like the formulas give me this:

Vamp: .2 * damage always

HLL: .3*P(HLL)*Damage max to 0 min. Lets assume 100% HLL, and also assume (I haven't seen this documented anywhere) that the P(), which represents the randomizing amount of the HLL multiplier is an even distribution, so then it would average out at .5.

This seems to tell me that in Vamp form I will leach always 20% of my damage done, but if I use a 100% HLL, I will leach on average only 15% - but randomly distributed throughout the range of 0% - 30% of damage does.

Is my math right here?

If so, do you find that that extra 5% matters? When you're using a slayer, and nearly every hit is over 100 damage... that can add up pretty quickly.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could have sworn I found a thread in there talking about dropping necro b/c he's running with a 100% HLL weapon. Today though, I can't find this thread to post in it, so I am making a new one.

Have many of you tried this swap?

For the life leech, it looks like the formulas give me this:

Vamp: .2 * damage always

HLL: .3*P(HLL)*Damage max to 0 min. Lets assume 100% HLL, and also assume (I haven't seen this documented anywhere) that the P(), which represents the randomizing amount of the HLL multiplier is an even distribution, so then it would average out at .5.

This seems to tell me that in Vamp form I will leach always 20% of my damage done, but if I use a 100% HLL, I will leach on average only 15% - but randomly distributed throughout the range of 0% - 30% of damage does.

Is my math right here?

If so, do you find that that extra 5% matters? When you're using a slayer, and nearly every hit is over 100 damage... that can add up pretty quickly.

100 HLL weapon...
Hit Monster with the weapon for 200 Damage.
You will leech 0-100% (Random roll) OF ( 30% of the 200 Damage dealt to the Monster)

So on average you will leech 50% OF 60 ( 30% of 200 Dmg) aka 30 LIFE Leeches with a 100% HLL weapon dealing 200 dmg a shot...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
100 HLL weapon...
Hit Monster with the weapon for 200 Damage.
You will leech 0-100% (Random roll) OF ( 30% of the 200 Damage dealt to the Monster)

So on average you will leech 50% OF 60 ( 30% of 200 Dmg) aka 30 LIFE Leeches with a 100% HLL weapon dealing 200 dmg a shot...
Right... this is exactly what my formula suggests would be the case. I don't, however, generally do 200 damage per hit. Maybe some of that is able to be remedied. For instance I don't have the SSI on my suit yet to run a 3.5 second weapon, which will obviously give me better dmg than my typical katana.

I agree that if I am going to be leeching on average 30 hp per hit that is probably sufficient. I was basing my thinking on my current AIs, which are generally closer to the 130-150 range.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glancing over your math it looks right. I think it matters to have more health especially when my health bar shows red meaning go for vamp. Also, ranged are half so avg 7.5 health is pretty poor.

On a side note: with the new captains and light house I cannot drain life so I have resorted to adding HLL on at least one of my bows. I hate dying by a lighthouse when forgetting not to hit the curse weapon macro. So always able to leech curse weapon or vamp is not correct.

-Lorax

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It's a very good template. But you must use slow weapon - not faster than 3.0s for 2H or 3.25s for 1H.
Since you reforge HLL you imbue HML. With faster weapons you don't leach enough mana for AI/DS.
This doesn't work with ranged weapon (halved HLL/HML).
You can use JOAT Necro for wraith form to leach enough mana... but you loose mobility and 20% damage reduction (barding).
You must have enough SSI on your suit.
There is list of AI weapons: Bladed Staff, Broad Sword, Hammer Pick.

For the best result you need:
20% SSI on jewels
120+ DEX, 160+ Stamina
120 Chivalry (35% SSI with DF)
100% HLL, 75% HML, HSL, DI, Super Slayer Bladed Staff (AI) and the same Double Axe (WW and DS)