• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

10 aniv drops?

B

Bouche835

Are they still dropping? I go almost every morning and always get at least 1 and somtimes 2. I went this morning and got nothing. Did they turn these off?

B

Bouche835

If I would have ask for a smart ass answer I would have ask. But didn't...thanks for supporting the UO community and helping people when they need it. You could have just posted the link.

E

Eslake

They still spawn, but I think they've lowered the rate a bit (not drastically tho).

With the ramping chances system, you get them a lot more often if you are using a melee character to kill them toe-to-toe. Or at least stay close and don't go invis.

P

packrat

I spent 8 hours in two days killing greater dragons with my pet dragon and did not get any thing. I just thought they had it turned off. I was wearing 2228 luck after clicking the luck trophy. I got a few good loot pieces though.

N

Nenime

No, the drop rate has not change, everything's working like it should. The dev stateted this on the San Diego Townhall Meeting. What changed indeed was the spawn rate in certain areas where people used to hunt.

Some "smart arse" ;) made a summary about how they drop. Because this is a frequently ask question, it's in the FAQ and Revision List of Player's Corner.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=93853&postcount=40

H

Harb

It appears there was a backend change - yes. I did earthies pre-Melissa, and used looted gold as a metric to determine about when to expect a drop. Drops occurred between 60-70k, as an average. Post-Melissa drops decreased to a rate between 110-120k. It looks like they reduced frequency by about 50%. This of course isn't a problem at all if viewed as a "stand alone" issue, drop rates are appropriately adjusted all the time based upon criteria determined by dev. What irks me are timing and circumstance, it comes at the conclusion of the clean up program (timing) and follows our support/ dev folks allowing young player exploits of the Mel event (circumstance). :(