• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] 10-27 Legends Drop

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
selling the 10-27 Legends Drop, The Book of Wonder its a book on a podium is like a black grey hue, and makes a poofy type thing when clicked it is located on Legends shard, will take gold on Atlantic. gold must be exchanged before i will hand over the drop "because i have become a jaded bitty in my old age lol" will take no lower than 300mill due to the fact that drop rate was low as was attendance. if interested, leave a comment, pm me, or shoot me a q @ 105811531
Capture_11022015_225534.jpg

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
selling the 10-27 Legends Drop, The Book of Wonder its a book on a podium is like a black grey hue, and makes a poofy type thing when clicked it is located on Legends shard, will take gold on Atlantic. gold must be exchanged before i will hand over the drop "because i have become a jaded bitty in my old age lol" will take no lower than 300mill due to the fact that drop rate was low as was attendance. if interested, leave a comment, pm me, or shoot me a q @ 105811531
View attachment 38919
Whoa. When was this(i see you said 10/27 but... what??)? Was it posted somewhere? :(

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I found the message and Lacky Halloween :p

The Book of Wonder.jpg

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Whoa. When was this(i see you said 10/27 but... what??)? Was it posted somewhere? :(
it was a boss from an event earlier in the month, he had paroxysmus base stats and people at the original event would not listen about pets or summons "it was seriously hours of trying to tell people that he gains life through pets" i think it was around midnight when she had to put the boss up and call it....... anyway she was on on Halloween and so was most of the shard, last day of the month and all and she ask if we wanted to try it one more time......it almost went as badly as the 1st time but people listened eventually and put the pets up and we finally were able to kill the critter

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the EM actually spawned a paroxysmus with its pet eater ability and it had a drop? That is serious ******to just say screw you to the tamers at the event, especially since they are vital when fighting other mobs since the dragons are tanking everything. Sometimes I think some of the EMs are the biggest trolls in the game and do stuff to specifically piss people off. Im glad i dont do legends events and after hearing this i never will.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i doubt she did anything to piss anyone off......but the EM's rarely ever make everyone happy. people complain that the events are just for throwers, or just for tamers, so on and so on..... i dont even do events.....they are a headache and a pain in the ass about 90% of the time.......i just happened to be on when she announced it and decided to give it a try "with my macer"

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless of whether she intentionally made it with the idea of screwing the tamers over, it still happened. And yes, for the most part events are geared mostly towards ranged players (throwers, archers, tamers, weavers) and that is because the EMs have a high tendency of using things that make melee useless like crimsons/slashers etc... which sucks because sampire is my favorite class to play. And people will complain at every event because the current system sucks and will piss people off at each event where there is a drop. Ive said before that a doompoint system where all monsters in the event give points is the best system but mesanna shot that down so we are stuck with the current one.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if it was a shadowfiend then that is fine. That doesnt exclude anyone. :)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess im not familiar enough with shadowfiends. I knew they healed but did not know that ranged couldnt hurt them and ive fought with tamer before and didnt notice the life drain on it.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was on the town crier. I agree it could have been put on a site somewhere but it happens. Luckily i made it and there wasn't many there mostly home sharders i think. Got a few of these items myself its a nice item. Congrats on your drop dixie

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It was on the town crier. I agree it could have been put on a site somewhere but it happens. Luckily i made it and there wasn't many there mostly home sharders i think. Got a few of these items myself its a nice item. Congrats on your drop dixie
You got a few of them? Were there multiple bosses that dropped it?

I was at tons of events this month and a lot that had drops and I only managed to get 1 drop and it was the dullest/worst drop all month haha. But like Restless and Smoot are saying, I wasn't playing the right class and didn't get looting rights a couple of times and the other times RNG just wasn't on my side. Oh well...maybe that means that RNG is about to pay me big time in November. I do agree with yall 100%....sometimes the EMs do such an awesome job with everything and then the other times it makes me just scratch my head when they screw things up so bad. There will always be people that are going to be angry...mainly just because they didn't get a drop (when I don't get looting rights I am one of them). I get that they want to keep it fun by changing things up, but it just doesn't make sense that the EM can go from looking like a genius with a perfect event to looking like his kid go on and did the event because it went so horribly wrong. Are there not set rules by Mesanna or someone as to how a boss takes/deals damage? One boss will take 10 minutes to kill and then you get another one that dies in 30 seconds....that is just stupid.

Sorry for rambling on....lol

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Very cool! Looks like a Telepromter. Would be nice for guild meetings to stand behind :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it was a boss from an event earlier in the month, he had paroxysmus base stats and people at the original event would not listen about pets or summons "it was seriously hours of trying to tell people that he gains life through pets" i think it was around midnight when she had to put the boss up and call it....... anyway she was on on Halloween and so was most of the shard, last day of the month and all and she ask if we wanted to try it one more time......it almost went as badly as the 1st time but people listened eventually and put the pets up and we finally were able to kill the critter
View attachment 38919
Whoa. When was this? Was it posted somewhere? :(

I was there for the original boss. My whole guild was. I really don't understand how this happened. I thought we were supposed to check the new uo.com calendar of events for events. Disappointing since I had been following the whole story.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm sure if you had missed it and hadn't gotten "a few of them" yourself you'd be feeling the way I am. And it wasn't on the town crier the last time I logged on. I wonder when it was put on the town crier.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On one end you have an EM in all probability just trying to allow their shard a drop with a minimally advertised event.

One the other end you have off-sharders/others claiming through implications, ducks and dodges around our Stratics RoC that the EM is playing favorites by doing that very act.

I say kudos to any EM's who are trying to throw their shard a "bone" once in a while and allow the regulars to get a drop. Not all events have to be a massive free-for-all among hordes of people and that action doesn't necessarily mean that it's a tactic to give "their friends" a drop. Should ever such a case occur then shame on them... It's their own credibility that they are ruining. Shouldn't we however not jump to that conclusion by default? More information gathered? Anything?

If this is not a prime example of the EM program's inability to make everyone happy then I don't know what is, and that's not a knock on the EM's. It is literally an impossible feat for anyone to make everyone happy. I do wish that we could go about these discussions in a way that does not immediately throw the EM's under the bus when either

a. Somebody doesn't get a drop
or
b. Too many people get a drop
or
c. Seemingly the same people get a drop.

Generalities such as these that lead to accusations, direct or indirect against EM, group of EM's or any Broadsword employee's will be handled should they fall into the personal attack category.

This includes accusations of corruption, favoritism, elitism, nepotism, discrimination, one-sidedness or anything which implies that they have breached their contract as a Broadsword employee.

Proof of such actions needs to be delivered directly to Broadsword.

We are not going to be dragging anyone's names through the dirt just because we "think" that something shady might be going on.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few points in this thread that are the perfect argument for why I myself stopped going to events. Not accusing anyone here, but these "unadvertised events" always seem to be attended by a select few. And we are all supposed to just accept that no-one is being played favorites. But the times that certain people DON'T know about an event? Look out.

Again, not targeting the OP or Flutter or anyone, just commenting on the process as a whole. Either tell everyone, or tell no-one. Too many people always know whats going on to say that something isn't happening. They can't pick and chose who knows. Be it that shards population or not, we all pay for the same game. The complaints about "shard hoppers" is crazy. There aren't enough players left to limit things like that.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since apparently the facts of this situation arent allowed to be posted, i would suggest anyone unhappy with this EMs performace email mesanna. ill be sending an email since open discussion of this topic is forbidden on stratics. Mesanna's email is [email protected] and [email protected]

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
there were allot of home sharders there, i assure yall of that......before every event EM Avalon is always on like 2 hrs before the event reminding everyone of the event...90% of the time i still dont go but she does atleast try to get the shard to come........id say someone Qed blend cause he didnt show up till the boss was about half way dead....and i dont know 4 runners toons lol ,but like i said there were many home sharders there........i even had time to try hitting it with a mace...dying a ton of times, getting annoyed, waiting 2 minutes to put archery on the toon and come back....................out of all the EM's ive seen Avalon truly tries to be fair........and i hate the em system, hate it. i think every drop should be on a clicky after and that all toons who were present should receive something ...then if you didnt get anything it would just be your fault for not coming ......

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smoot,

I am not sure that it is written anywhere that all EM events are to be posted in advance with due notice. If I am wrong, then please direct me to where that is written. If the EM lied (which I seriously doubt, they are generally smarter than that) there is no way to prove it, so that particular point is mute from a logical argument perspective.

Secondly, I agree that sometimes tracking down an event is difficult, confusing and outright frustrating. Sure there is loads of room for improvement on how the system is ran/ handled.

Thirdly, the mere fact that certain players whom you have butted heads with in the past over the whole EM argument thing were there does not prove or disprove any actions of favoritism. It is a matter of opinion as to whether it "looks bad." It may look bad, but looking bad does not provide a significant amount of data to form a basis of an argument on EM misbehavior.

I'm not even saying you're wrong. I am saying that we are not using Stratics as a public sounding board where we lob out general accusations based on how we interpret human behavior transmitted through a game over a computer screen.

If you have proof of anything, send it to Broadsword. If you feel Broadsword might miss it or let it sit on the back burner, send it to me and I will make sure that the correct individuals get it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
there were allot of home sharders there, i assure yall of that......before every event EM Avalon is always on like 2 hrs before the event reminding everyone of the event...90% of the time i still dont go but she does atleast try to get the shard to come........id say someone Qed blend cause he didnt show up till the boss was about half way dead....and i dont know 4 runners toons lol ,but like i said there were many home sharders there........i even had time to try hitting it with a mace...dying a ton of times, getting annoyed, waiting 2 minutes to put archery on the toon and come back....................out of all the EM's ive seen Avalon truly tries to be fair........and i hate the em system, hate it. i think every drop should be on a clicky after and that all toons who were present should receive something ...then if you didnt get anything it would just be your fault for not coming ......
Have to disagree with that. Everyone who played the game doesn't deserve a trophy.
On that note I am going to leave the conversation. I am sorry I messed up your sale post Dixie I was just really disappointed because the last thing I had heard was "we" would get another chance to kill the boss.

Also, before anyone starts in on the "should be for home shard people!!!11one". I did play Legends back when it was AOL Legends, and my characters there are that old. I felt really special since I actually was on AOL at the time. (I don't agree that events should be for specific people but wanted to nip that one before it got bad)

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
no prob flutter, itll either sell or itll sit in my castle. doesnt much matter to me either way, im not big on event items so i was just giving others the chance to get this one......but i think that would be the only way to stop the crying over who got a drop and who didnt deal...either give them to everyone who came, give out none and make them rp only, or terminate the whole EM system. I just really like EM Avalon though lol...i feel protective of our em...specially being on chessy all those years....made me really appreciate her lol

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bashing a perfectly good em is kinda crappy.... hell we're running out of them as it is. soon enough we wont have a em program and it'll be all our faults.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This argument is stupid.

1. Broadsword made a brand new website, with a brand new event calendar so EMs post their events on it.
  2. In this case, the original event was advertised with a boss we ended up not being able to kill.
  3. The event was redone, but was not advertised on uo.com like the original, nor was it posted on the Legends facebook page, again like the original event.

I think its fair that people who were at the original event are a little upset that the redoing of the boss was not advertised in the same way the original event was.

*Please, this doesn't mean something stupid like "The EM Should be fired" or "Corruption!".*

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but i think that would be the only way to stop the crying over who got a drop and who didnt deal...either give them to everyone who came, give out none and make them rp only, or terminate the whole EM system.
My doompoint method would solve it. don't need to get rights on the "boss" assuming there is one, and that is the large majority of all complaints. either didn't get rights, or didn't get the drop, or didn't see the boss, or blah blah blah. if all monsters at the event gave points, and each event had a different item ready in the queue, then when u get the required amount of points then u get the drop. simple as that. so as long as you participate then you will eventually get something, and any fighting class can join, it isn't weighted for tamers or weavers or throwers or whatever. just attend and you will be rewarded. this also solves the issue of peeps waiting on the sidelines until the end or gating in a bunch for the boss. points would of course carry over, lets say u need 50 points to get the item and each event only has a possibility of getting 25 points. so u will need at least 2 events to get the item...

Last edited:

Pink Sunday Turtle

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My doompoint method would solve it. don't need to get rights on the "boss" assuming there is one, and that is the large majority of all complaints. either didn't get rights, or didn't get the drop, or didn't see the boss, or blah blah blah. if all monsters at the event gave points, and each event had a different item ready in the queue, then when u get the required amount of points then u get the drop. simple as that. so as long as you participate then you will eventually get something, and any fighting class can join, it isn't weighted for tamers or weavers or throwers or whatever. just attend and you will be rewarded. this also solves the issue of peeps waiting on the sidelines until the end or gating in a bunch for the boss. points would of course carry over, lets say u need 50 points to get the item and each event only has a possibility of getting 25 points. so u will need at least 2 events to get the item...
I'd prefer to retain the rarity of such items and continue with the current system. Drops are a bonus, the RP is the main focus. Participation based solely on the receipt of a prize is self-interested to me. Enjoy the game, if you seek fortune, perhaps seek non pixel related monetary goods outside of an artificial environment.

For those of you who attend events for the purpose of recieving a drop, adjust your template accordingly.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd prefer to retain the rarity of such items and continue with the current system. Drops are a bonus, the RP is the main focus. Participation based solely on the receipt of a prize is self-interested to me. Enjoy the game, if you seek fortune, perhaps seek non pixel related monetary goods outside of an artificial environment.

For those of you who attend events for the purpose of recieving a drop, adjust your template accordingly.
this would retain rarity of items. the item in question would only drop on 1 day, and you get it if happen to hit the point requirement on that day. the next event the item would change. Attempt at a prize is the situation with the current system, however there are large amounts of pancakes by those that don't get it. Roleplaying would also happen more with my system because people would participate in the event instead of waiting around. it's simply a better system in all ways.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure if you had missed it and hadn't gotten "a few of them" yourself you'd be feeling the way I am. And it wasn't on the town crier the last time I logged on. I wonder when it was put on the town crier.
I said i think they should have put it on a site somewhere. It was on the crier at least a day or 2 before the event i cant remember which (which is not enough time imo). No i would not be upset if i didn't make it its just a game. You win some you lose some. They will never make everyone happy no matter what they do. If anyone feels they should email mesanna over this then by all means do it but its not gonna get you anywhere most likely.

Last edited:

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Who cares?

I didn't make it, I didn't know about it and I could give a s* about it. The way people get so cra cra over events is absolutely hilarious. Grats, Dixie, on being persistent enough to hang in there and catch it in time. The rest of you I suggest taking a deep breath it will be OK!
thanks =) this whole thread made me remember why i gave up on stratics though...turned into nothing but a big piss and moan fest...................... i actually wish they would just delete the whole thread

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks =) this whole thread made me remember why i gave up on stratics though...turned into nothing but a big piss and moan fest...................... i actually wish they would just delete the whole thread
I agree that this one went way too far off the topic of selling an item. You are more than welcome to repost the item for sale and we will keep it clean of any debate.