• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1 mill gold contest! Have a Winner!

• Thread starter SuekaMalchick
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SuekaMalchick

Ok folks, heres the deal as some of you might have heard i rolled my last jeep well heres a little contest to brag about my new jeep and give some of my money away yet again hehehe, i have a 2003 jeep liberty limited, 4x4, with full time 4 wheel dive dana 30 front end and 8.25 read end and a 300hp v6 3.7L. now some of you might not know but not only am i a dj on my free time but i also work on semi's and cars for my rl daily job so take that into might, the jeep has NO after market parts YET....... whats my top speed????? i will leave this contest open for 1 week so the 31st of march this contest will end who ever gets closest to the top speed of my jeep will win the 1 mill gold, cassy you can't guess since you know how fast it goes :p

I

imported_Chaucer of TS

When you ask what the top speed is, do you mean the maximum speed that shows on the speedometer?

If that's what you mean I'm going to guess 120 mph.

G

I suggest an office pool as to when (date and time) that you will roll your new jeep. Slow down and live.

S

SuekaMalchick

talking about top spped not what the spedo says, and i only rolled last on cuz i live in michigan and i had blad tires on an icy road and when someone slams on their brakes infront of you even tho i was only going 40 i'd much rather hit the ditch then hit someone else and with my jeep being top heavy and hit the ditch right on the side walls of the drivers side tires it made it roll on to the passager side, beings any guy thats big into racing and stuff you got to see your top speed atleast once, its like those old guys who buy the 70k dollar racing cars you think have have see no other cars around on the high way and wanted to see what it to do and got on it some? yes speed around other drives is not such a smart idea but if no ones around and you know how to drive you car then odds are your going to come out just fine just little lighter in gas, and yes i know how to drive my jeep i take it to drag strip and off roading on the weekends

G

All that said and it being an american car i'd give it a top end of about 135, down hill with a good wind behind it. I'd be really surprised if it'll go any faster than that... And I have tried looking it up on Jeep's web site, apparently that's not a question most people ask when buying a jeep....

S

SuekaMalchick

hehe no ghost when most people buy a jeep they ask if it can go off road, and let my tell you it can, i go no lockers as of yet no lift kit and no bigger tires and it still has 9.5 inches of ground clearance, it might not look like a ture jeep but its is my old on after i rolled it in a 3ft snow bank/ditch once another "Jeep" pulled me back over i drove it right out and it was on its side for 45mins, plus i drove it 30 mins to the place i was going plus another 1hour and half back home with no problems, but then again i want power and off road abiles when buying any car. and this is the 2nd one i have gotten so should tell you something, as of going down hill with wind behind it hehe i don't need none of those, only thing i have done to it as of now is tweaked the motor all i could with out buying parts or reprogramers given i only run 110 octane gas in it, witch costs me about 100 bucks every week, and no its not racing gas its leaded off road gas, racing gas witch i do run ont the drag stip is 140 octan or sometimes you might find 160 octane if you know the right racers

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
guess i would post is 140 for speed and any over is suicide !!!!!!!!! and flip if go curves! i had a capri 90 92 range that speedometer went 130 and car topped out over 160 if right computer chip

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Author, for some reason I can't see you speeding around like that!

John...don't go flippin another Jeep hun okay???

*hides the fact that she used to drag race in her younger days* LOL

G

My 1st car ever was a 1970 Ford Torino with a 429 Cobra Jet after that I got a 1971 RT charger w/ a 440 Magnum my modesty never increased.
the 68 chevelle SS 396 Convert was cool and a 1989 Vette was interesting.
there was also the 1965 Impala SS convert w/ a 327 turbo fire and a 66 charger w/ a 383 mag and 70 Super b the list goes on........

my point,

cars are an addiction.

These days I have a few other toys one of my favs is the near mint 1966 Olds Torinado in GM Teal Blue with tinted factory windows. Front wheel drive with a big block, motor heads will tell you thats interesting science.

having near 50/50 weight distrubution w/ a 425 Rocket motor having a high nickle content block,
Forged steel crank, High flow Heads 10.5 to 1 comp pistons and the larger lifters that react the same as roller lifters at a conservative rating of 385 Hp, but the real trick to the car can be found on u tube watch the 1966 pikes peak hill climb thats why I like thouse old cars.

Another one is a 1947 Buick Roadmaster that b stock thank you i dont chop old iron and it drives like an Dream

I worked for years as a wrench, with that amount of clearance there a limit to your top end or youll catch a drift and go airborn even with a front air dam.

if your going real fast install a multi point roll cage and a safety harness an explosafe fuel cell and an ignition cut off and wear a helmet at least.

most guys never see thier top speed at the short track 110 115 is most common it takes a bit to wind out some cars and if your geared for the short your not geared for the super speed way. a 14 sec 1/4 mile run is still respectable and all out top end on the freeway is still dangerous.
many in fully preped cars died in a controlled arena, any mostly stock car at super high speed is a coffin on wheels.

AV gas witch is used for racing has an octane rating thats highest but its not 160 if you want real juice add nitrous and a blower.

Euro cars are ok as are rice burners but in the end its all science aplied, but all agree nothing but nothing beats cubic inches,
so yes size does matter.

S

SuekaMalchick

wow a real car guy i like!
to your point no i have never seen my top speed at the track only open high way with no one around, and i can do nos but i have no room for a blower and turbo well only if its on the underside of the car witch being i like to off road as well it would be hard to protect it, without adding 20lbs of steel plating to cover it, and their is 160 octane gas in michigan but its mostly only used at the drag strip and i think you need a prement to buy it not sure i know lots of people at the trake run 140 with octane booster, i'll just stick with my 110 off road gas and my fitch system, save me some money and i still get a good bang out of it, and yes you are right if a jeep ot and car or truck with to high of groud clearance at very high speeds the tires will start to lift that even happens on stock car or drag cars you can limit it with air dampers and spoilers and such but you will never over come it, i'm not looking for reall top speed once i gt my exhust, headers, chip, cold air intake, and bunch of other parts i got priced out speed is nice but as a jeep i want more hp and trouqe, for my off roading, i was just surprised with what little motor tuning i did with not real after market power added what my top speed was give it is a jeep, my uncle use to drive stock cars here in michigan and berlin and such and he had a 69 carmaro mint, with a bad ass 350 in it with all the toys bolted on and wow did that thing get up and move he had a newer carmaro forgot what year it was i beleave dal ernhart edition i know is was some racers name lol that thing he took me for a ride and got it up to 170 he had some bolt ons on that as well its nice to know theres another car guy in uo tho, and i wish i coulda owned the car you did they all sound like a very fun time.

and so far only one person as gotten close to my top speed and he was only 5mph off! hehe hint hint

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol run and enjot fats cars are fun my secound car was a 72 olds cutless with a 350r that had been tweeked abit so started at 20 with a high end toy ! top end on that seen! lol i cant say was a bit ago speedometer was 120 lol and that was way before the wobbiling shacking period lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!! least then gas was a bit cheaper think got 10 miles to gallon!!!!!!! true muscle cars happened pre computers LOL!

G

yes computers they ruined the lot of us lol.

ok guys thats the idea exactly what UO needs .................MUSLE CARS!!!! hehe

T

The Ice Phoenyx

i would say 145 mph be4 governor chip shuts off fuel pump

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
guess we are talking after chip has been removed!!!!!!!!!!!! stills guess ing is a jeep and not high over stock 140 range hanvt heard difffernt i ahve played witha few cars from range rovers to mercedes to m5s!!

C

C0rmac

I could use 1 mil gold so I am going to say on the drag strip 160 if you disable the shut-off.

G

ok ill give it a plug at 130 Mph

based on a guess and a clue but to authenticate please
suply proof by asking a friendly officer if he could wait by roads side and clock you and provide you with documentation.

after aquiring said documentation please post on web and suply silly photo they give you at booking desk :p
I always loved my photos and i would sing them songs from the holding tank.

S

SuekaMalchick

hehe well Phantom13 you are right 130 with my friends honda civic next to me since his speedo goes up to 140, and yes we do need muscle car in uo hehe super charged blue beetle with some mickey tompson legs lol, as for asking nice officer to test this well i rather not untill one gets lucky and sits in the right spot witch has happened befor 101 in a 70 nice guy added 4 points to my licence lol and a nice bill to go with it, anyways pm me on here to get you money

G

See I was right, down hill with a good wind behind it and you could hit 135...

I know my cars, before I started working on computers for a living I restored classics. Had people from all over the country send us their cars to restore. Fun job when you can spend 40 hours a week doing what most 'car guys' only get to do for an expensive hobby. You guys talk about driving some nice cars, I've built a 70 GTO and 69 Shelby 350 GT from the frame up.

And I'm old enough to remember muscle cars when they were new...

A few cars I've owned, 70 Boss 302, 70 Torino GT, 67 Le mans Hurst edition with a HO OVC 6, 69 Grand Prix Hurst Edition, 70 Ford Custom State Police Interceptor had a 428 in it and was built for the police to be able to catch any of the aforementioned automobiles.

Now that I'm older and understand true engineering, speed with performance, I drive a BMW Z3, 155 mph from the factory without any special chips, they claim it can do 185 with the right chips. I've had it up to 135 myself and it's still comfortable at that speed and has plenty of peddle left. I've had it over 120 for over 2 hours straight, needs gas buy then at that speed.

G

Frame off is a misnomer when aplied to unibody cars real frame off aplies to cars of a vintage when the actual body could be unbolted from a solid frame like the early datona beach dominators the hudsons with the super 6.

or before them were the 37 fords with fat head v 8s or striped out caddys with the flat 8 or the flat 12, then of corse the buicks held there own with the strait 8

in fact many of thouse cars could produce a ridable 120 mph but it was the amount of time it took to top em out. the duezy town car was a near 5k curb weight car it would do 120.

the real secret to engineering isnt that any "car guy would get from a manual but there have been great "car guys" the Petty family being a few but its the simple idea that all engineering for the road is 1st proven in the sky.

german engineering was great in ww2 as well but simple rock solid crude american iron like a p47 thunderbolt or p51 mustang or p38 lightning gave them reason to fear and yes i know about alisons and merlins and rolls not to mention prat and whitney, so yea beemers are ok choose yer poisin ill take american iron its a good base to start :p

Carol shelby knew that with the ac bristol " english" and a 289 ford motor and later he uped it to 427 it was science aplied power to weight ratio and in fact the 427 cobras were so choked out at the exhaust that thier horse power was 300 reduced from an uncaped near 500 and in truth the car was an engineering nightmare but it could torque its way right out of a corner, once again science aplied.

ive been into so many cars "bumber to bumper" with every part of me i know my stuff.

ok we need a uo Auto smack talk thread uo pvp aint never seen nothing like auto smack talk lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Frame off is a misnomer when aplied to unibody cars real frame off aplies to cars of a vintage when the actual body could be unbolted from a solid frame like the early datona beach dominators the hudsons with the super 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the reason I used 'Frame Up' when describing those 2 inparticular. When you strip a car to it's uibody of all removable parts and sand blast the shell it's considered a frame up restoration. As opposed to several others I have done that were actually 'frame off' restorations including cars as late as a 70 Pontiac Grand Prix which actually was still built on a solid frame that late. (Actually up to 72)

G

<blockquote><hr>

OK Ghost heres your Trivia question of the day;
hydromatic, dynaflow,merco matic, fluid drive,

witch one is the odd ball and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that up on automatics but, hydromatic and the dynaflow were standard GM, dynaflow was Buick specific I believe. The ford C4 was the only automatic you could push start but only if you got it to 15-25 mph (needed another car to push, you couldn't do by hand). It developed enough back pressure to turn your motor over. Mercury had the only automatic with manual shifting if I remember correctly, that might be the merco matic. And no idea what the fluid drive was.

<blockquote><hr>

and why sand blast when you can dip, short on cash?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, basically, companies that have tank big enough to dip an entire uni-body charge a fortune to do it. Frames on the other hand we would send out for dip and powder coating. We had (I haven't been in the business for over 10 years) a company that had a power blaster and could sand blast the body and get it back to us in a day with an appointment. And actually I think they used walnuts instead of sand, non corrosive and easier to clean out afterwards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

hurst option = a shifter , decals ,bucket seats,tach and a bunch of factory speed parts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh and you missed 2 important and rare options, both the Hursts I had came with standard transmissions, the Le Mans was a 3 speed and the Grand Prix a 4 speed. Very rare in cars of that era and class.

G

The fluid drive " crysler corps" was the only hybred automatic and manual transmision you could either shift like a standard or just drive but if you used the automatic option by not down shifting it was a very slow start and this one could be push started as well because it had a clutch as oposed to clutch packs.

my lady always hated clutch cars and never learned to drive one till i put her behind the wheel of a 1950 Dodge meadowbrook we had with a flat head 230 6 and a fluid drive.

thouse old cars of the late 30s all through the 40s and early 50s were very smooth rides they were refered as "Driving like a cloud"
and the interiors were just great with mass leg room and "comfy couch" typ seats
the bigest nightmare being the single resevour master brake cylinders and vacuum driven windshield wipers.

in thouse days an emergency brake was really just that cause when your brakes went thats all you had lol and the vacuum wipers were real fun when you were in a down pour trying to pull a hill.

yeah on the 4 and 3 speed kinda like the GTO judge option with a ram air 4 option and 4 speed. lotsa cool gimicks back then...69 Datona Charger ...Ford Taladaga Torino 500 with the flush nose....69 and 1/2 Firebird Transam...
Shelby Mustang ops programs ...hurst olds prog...Buick GS w the duel quad nail head....Crysler max wedge 426 or 426 hemi or 440 6 pack.. 69 AMC AMX....

if i remember right couple others offered the 4 speed standard as option, 442 1st year and plymouth road runner i think you had to pay more for the 727 in the road runner.

G

<blockquote><hr>

in thouse days an emergency brake was really just that cause when your brakes went thats all you had lol and the vacuum wipers were real fun when you were in a down pour trying to pull a hill.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean in those days? I had to use the emergency brakes a month ago when my brakes went out on the Ford Ranger...no other way to stop! LOL

G

lol cool very retro!!!

these days a brake system master cylinder has 2 reseviors one for the back set of brakes and one for the front set of brakes so you never totally lose your breaks ...well thats the idea at least.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if i remember right couple others offered the 4 speed standard as option, 442 1st year and plymouth road runner i think

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there were actually quite a few special packaged models with standard trannys, but they were all limited editions and always a high performance package. Although you could special order just about anything with a standard, hardly anyone did. One of the most common to see on the road was the Husrt Olds 442.

S

SuekaMalchick

hehe look what i started hehe and no ghost it cuts out at 130 well really at 130.9 it cuts out shuts of ingition for a few secs, its good to see the car talk tho, honestly making me look forward to my new house, 2 stall deep garage and nice big cement floor pole barn! lots of room to work, so ya might be few weeks befor you see me on again just signed all the final papers today, as to the winner i got your pms and i will do my best to get it to you or might get cassie to do it hehe she owes me anyways :p