• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old names of our past...

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was shocked when Ryak showed up on Baja a some years ago. He had the same positive and creative influence on Baja that he did on GL. His RL business got really busy and he stepped away from the game again. I miss him too.

Krista's Ranger Station as well.
The Folk who use to hang out at my shop Macy's of Moonglow. The vendors, the people who would come and hang out while working off their redness.
Spooner, who at a moments notice would come rez me.. again and again and again.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I emailed Andrew Bishop years ago and he gave me permission to use the name Sandlewood Box Inn. So I named my castle (with iffy spelling lol) that on Legends in memory of some great times. I guess I'm sorta a franchise. Not sure who actually has permission for name granting. Ryak, Andrew Bishop or Noleens (I remember Noleens had a lot of Es in it, not sure how many lol). I guess Noleens had the last "real" Sandlewood but once it got moved to the swamps it wasn't the same for me.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope somebody someday remembers my name.

Castle on Europa Dagger isle will drop "soon",
Other Tram Castle and my belongings donated to a very worthy Guild on Europa,
Accounts now closed,
Clients un-installed,
Mesanna will get no more of my cash.

Farewell UO, after 21 years She has done what 2 jobs and a wife could not.....made UO no longer fun for me.

Merth

Journeyman

Accounts now closed,
Clients un-installed,

Farewell UO, after 21 years She has done what 2 jobs and a wife could not.....made UO no longer fun for me.
I’ll remember your name if i get the spot :) :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Accounts now closed,
Clients un-installed,

That will show her...

Merth

Journeyman

Accounts now closed,
Clients un-installed,

Should just give it to a returning player looking to get a home ;)

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long ago on PAC I was in an anti PK guild called the Black Table Knights, wish I could remember some of the members only one I can recall because his name was wierd is Asmodean. Then I joined a guild called Guardians of Honor. Our Guildmistress was Aileena Azse and other members Elric and h'Turac ... so long ago. I could print a list of them. Not in my guild but memorable from PAC was Ender. He was known for going around and causing all kinds of trouble for everyone exploiting game mechanics. Like he figured out he could kill pack animals in town without any negative effects so he ran around killing everyones packies. It became a thing I guess he was the original griefer and players who were quitting would go and cause as much trouble as they could prior to getting banned or quitting. They called it "Going Ender."

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't hold your breath.
Bah, you bum! Get back to making me a GM Heavy Archer Suit with 30+ AR! Lol. Haven't played on Napa in awhile, still playing on Atlantic mostly. How's S/S doing?

Some people from my past on Napa that i've lost contact with...
Sicarius
Lestat
Belladonna
Sunrise
Rob the Ninja
Oscar the Grouch

Napa Valley
M^F
Kielia killed M^F, just like i warned about.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bah, you bum! Get back to making me a GM Heavy Archer Suit with 30+ AR! Lol. Haven't played on Napa in awhile, still playing on Atlantic mostly. How's S/S doing?

Some people from my past on Napa that i've lost contact with...
Sicarius
Lestat
Belladonna
Sunrise
Rob the Ninja
Oscar the Grouch

Kielia killed M^F, just like i warned about.

What up Citan. Napa is pretty slow these days. But I'm okay with it.

Man, some good names in your list there. Sicarius and Belladonna most definitely.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What up Citan. Napa is pretty slow these days. But I'm okay with it.

Man, some good names in your list there. Sicarius and Belladonna most definitely.
Yeah, when i was playing Napa, i had almost forgotten what it was like to do Champs and Peerlesses in a big group. Now i'm an Emissary/Hunt Leader in the biggest guild in UO, UWF. Peerlesses/Champs almost every day. This guild is what M^F should've been. You should see when we toss a crap load of white nets and pull up multiple Osiredons, lol. Easily have 15+ guildies at that hunt usually. Last time, one of the guildies got a Small Soul Forge from it. Just gotta keep the General Chat turned off on Atlantic, it's carcinogenic.

Yeah, i haven't seen Sic in close to 20 years. Haven't seen Bella in at least 6 years too. She always used to fall asleep right in the middle of hunts, like when me, her and Lestat would farm Lady Mel. Lol.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
His name was Slayvite from Europa. It is said that you can still hear him complaining about the phoenix to this day. You will forever be missed... mostly by me.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Accounts now closed,
Clients un-installed,

It’s unfortunate your leaving but I completely understand

I have lost many freinds here over the years and still miss them and the olds in Brit Bank before AOS good times not easily forgotten

:(

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*dredges it up*

Napa
Adam Ant
Lady Jade
Pelle
Moo
Aldain
Sparkles (I see you!)
Ace
Silas
Scotia (I see you too...)
Honkwomp
Kyverl
Inglorious ******* (or was that Bastage?)
Ninjapoo

A few other names won't mention as may result in a successful summoning and am not in the mood for that.
Too many guilds to even start....

Atlantic
Smithy Westside
MudPuppy
Norman
Mother
Kayla

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*dredges it up*

Atlantic
Smithy Westside
MudPuppy
Norman
Mother
Kayla
I remember Smithy Westside... he also had characters called Westside. We actually shared the account for a while when I was in school and broke

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I remember Smithy Westside... he also had characters called Westside. We actually shared the account for a while when I was in school and broke
He's popped up on Pac a bit ago, left a message on my board at my castle - but I don't log on as much as I used to so I don't "see" people much.

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll never forget the very first person who killed me in UO. It's 1998 and it was the first day I started playing. My friend taught me how to harvest meat and hides from animals in the forest and sell it for money in Minoc. He told me my goal was to make enough gold to buy a small house deed. So I had that goal on my mind while I ran in and out of town, lugging the piles of meat and hides along the ground. My very first encounter with a stranger happened near the mines in Minoc. He was a very nice guy who offered to help me carry the hides to the shop. I let him and he took them to the shop for me and put them on the ground. I sold them and made a little gold. We talked for a few minutes and got to know each other a bit. He asked if I had seen a castle yet and I told him I hadn't. He just so happened to live right next to a castle and knew the owner and offered to give me a tour. He led me down the path and out of the town and showed me the way to this incredible castle. When we arrived, I stood outside of it in awe while he walked around the outside. When he got back to me he said he forgot the key was inside his house and asked me to follow. So I did, unaware of my impending doom. We walked to the front of his house, he unlocked the door and we walked inside. Once we were both in, he locked the door behind us, casted a blade spirit and logged out. I immediately died and had no clue what being dead meant. My screen was gray and I couldn't really do anything but walk around so I logged out and didn't play again for about 2 weeks. I'll never forget his name was Piatchi. And that was the only time I ever saw him.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Europa:

Photek the GM of the Guild PTB (Photeks Thugs and Brigands)

He was legendary Pker on Europa that actually rp'd his red char and stuck up Players that where roaming dungeoun Shame. If you payed 1k of Gold you where ok if you didnt….well 000ooo000ooo
One hellevu great Player. I was stuck up once to :)

Another famed pvper was Mary Poppins

And i remember the "Del Mafia" roaming the Khaldun saving my butt once from a pker called "Shade"

Then I remember a Smith rping his char at the forges in Brit repairing suits for new Players his Name was Aul (or something like that)

Dread Atlantic - SSJ guild run by Gohan, Jarlaxle. Some of the best fights in game happened when 3-4 SSJ took on 20+ blues, and won. Good 'ol dread days. No scripts back then, they were efficient killers.

G*B (Guardians of Britania) run by Shadowcaster. Myst ran a good vendor shop with Angel and the guild had an epic long running guild war with LD! (Lords of Death) run by Max Prophet. Names included Voivod, Aries, Cherlynne, Wolfgar and many more.

Dread days, when your thief could disarm steal and you couldn't lock down your stuff(or your skill) were the best. 10k gold was a lot back then.
I am Shadowcaster, lets catch up!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Several folks I miss from Atlantic!

Wynn The Woeful
Tomas Bryce
Aspen (DVI)
Ezzy
Davaran Skyfire
Eru The Miner
Hallister Marner
Mangoon
Aerys Targaryen

I'm sure there are others I'm missing, but these are the first that came to mind.

Sonoma:
Crimson Ghost - This guy was a neighbor of mine when we were kids and he was the one that got me into UO wayyyy back in 1998. He had Cystic Fibrosis and I've learned recently that he passed away, taken far too soon.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Papa Smurf - back in 97/98 he started a guild based out of Moonglow called The Smurfs. My first UO guild. Was great fun.

Eventually became the Devil's of Heaven also based out of Moonglow.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll never forget the very first person who killed me in UO.
Same here, ‘97 in beta. A week of killing animals, trolls, orc, harpy and ettin around borders of Yew to get my toon alil skill then thru the mountain pass to shame this idiot went. Just inside the dungeon I see bottom left corner ‘...... is attacking you !’ repeatedly.

Guy was hidden clicking like mad on me, spamming my screen w attack messages.... for like 5 mins. This was before name filters so if I told his name here I’d get a nice long vacation but I’ll not forget his name....

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
LS. Galen.
Just a few years late noticing this. lol

I'm still here I just don't play Galen anymore. He's retired. He has an employee named Duncan and a legitimized ******* son named John who try to carry on for him. I play mostly on Great Lakes, might branch out to Catskills in the relatively near term.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here, ‘97 in beta. A week of killing animals, trolls, orc, harpy and ettin around borders of Yew to get my toon alil skill then thru the mountain pass to shame this idiot went. Just inside the dungeon I see bottom left corner ‘...... is attacking you !’ repeatedly.

Guy was hidden clicking like mad on me, spamming my screen w attack messages.... for like 5 mins. This was before name filters so if I told his name here I’d get a nice long vacation but I’ll not forget his name....
Wasn't the first person to kill me. I guess getting killed by a cat on the first day numbs the first killed by.

When T2A came out I moved my hunting to Delucia or Papau. Outside of Delucia there was a spot where orcs walked around. A guy named Grom I think was in that area walking around as an orc and speaking the language. He got me a couple of times when went there on a killing spree. I remember I put a note to watch out for him on my paper doll. I wonder if anyone but me looked at those notes.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great Lakes -

Viking Kingdom (V K). Conan, Eir, MoFo
Ktf. Sir William, Princess Tylee.

My faction peoples. Wow. Let's see.... Tink'r Toiz, the granny thief, of course. Lore Denin and his brother. Permafrost and his dad. Merlin, Grog, Decker, Papa Smurf, Grace O'Malley and her family, Silk, Mary, Fluffy, Michel, Cardell, Tina, Poo, some other names that'll come to me later.

Last edited: