• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old names of our past...

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's throw out some old names of players from our home shards and see if anyone recognizes them. Guild names and tags welcome too. I'll start.

Great Lakes =
JFF, Spec, Miner Rob and Miner Dave, Ethical Paul, Chris the Avatar, Silk, Faux, Choke of Endo, Sabbath CD, Epyon AD, LightBlade, Huma, NatoGhost, Gelgarion, Bonedancer, RedSand, Peon and Peoff, Kalyndria. SiN, GoD, D-I, BC, SoB, WiN, M-N.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Europa - From early days 98/99

Flair - First GM smith I ever knew! Use to wear red a lot, and use to keep me topped up with an endless supply of armour/weapons.
Barbarian - General good bugger.
Prodigy Boy - Use to watch this guy PVP, was awesome at the time
Gormo Gav - Old guild master of WOV (Warriors of Virtue)
Singy - Use to be banned a lot from memory for colorful language.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Legends shard, circa 2003/04

Brantith: a tailor, leather worker and probably a metal armorer, too; still trying to track this guy down to thank him for the introduction to UO

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone from Empire Pax Britannia (EpB) on Atlantic circa 2000-2001. My first guild and the people I cut my teeth with learning the game. Unfortunately, I can't even remember all of their names now, but the ones that stick out are ROBERT BRUCE, WILLIAM BRUCE, Kaiser II, Hulahn, Gotor (who recruited me), Gabriel Goldleaf (and his wife, whose name escapes me), and Hulahn (and also his wife, whose name escapes me as well). Our guildhouse was a large forge east of Brit in Fel. If you ran two spaced north of the GH, you hit the server line in that area. I started playing when Trammel was available but housing was not yet active in Tram and it was turned off in Fel. Tram and Fel moonstones were also active, as this predated facet hopping via moongates. Moongates still dumped you at whatever location was in phase with the moons... or however that worked.

When I bought my box copy of UO it was the T2A box. My friend IRL bought it a month later and it was the Ren box.

I would love to hear from any of those people or anyone who was in the guild. I played then and still play as Dryzzid.

Oh, and of course, any old RPers from the Order of the Ebon Skull on Atlantic. Would love to hear from any Skullies.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic shard:

From the Inner Circle-Lipstick, Winter, Madrygal, Dukearcher

Others: anyone with the name Mox, Talon Skyfire, Ronde Guilermo (sp?), Livia, Arafel, Bruzer, Alessandra, Jud, Nai Assonod, Silent Poet, Jayzon
Everyone associated with the Rogues of Mystin, Sanctus, Stormhaven.

Miss the days of old, with player towns that actually were sanctuaries and havens (pre tram) such as Evermoor and Rivendell and their RP

Last but not least, names I miss: Draconi, Mr Tact, Vex, Wilki, Evocare, Calandryll, Leurocian, Hanse, Sakkarah, Stellerex, and more, for giving us an awesome game to play up to this point.

Had some great players back in the day (no disrespect intended to current players)

Good times indeed.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Legends:

maplestone, Kulder, Bullet, Magecruella, Debconlady,

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Europa

Cinders, for my first nice armour suit
Lonestrike, my first goods trader
Guildmates, Frey and Joe Green, Pricilla, miss you guys
Lady Alcestis, Another goods trader
Xavier, and Dave, Shamu and others gone from WoY
Raistlin Nowhere, Abyss house owner and possibly holding some soulstones of mine :)
Laura Ashby, we fell out badly because of idocs :( my main regret in game
Europa trader, my rares mentor
Arcadia and Attending Chaos
Lucy of Kenton
Fighting Irish, idocs
Zofinor
Solaris Wraith
Zyrex of 2.0
Dreamweaver, one of my best customers
Celle, WBB animal tamer and seller, we shared the turf outside WWB for many a month selling beetles, llamas, horses and ostards.
Raidinator Red idocer
Shadow idocer on tour

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Alcestis was around a few weeks ago, saw her a couple of times at Brit bank, a few people called to her but she didn't answer. :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And don't forget on Atlantic, Savannah, who ran (in those early days) one of the most complete vendor shops around back when. IIRC the shop was close to spirituality shrine, Trammel

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Old Atlantic

Tiffric, Ibn Shaun, Mars Dragon King, Eelwick Gillworm, Doc, Black Bart, Azalin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great lakes
arabella, tinkz, dirty harry, mary shelly, fred, bthkiller, reno. uther pendragon<(my nephew)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa.
Noxin and Wildcat of Britannia Guards, those two were so in sync they could hold off all Vesper on their own :D
Samson, another guild player whom I had many many good dungeon crawls with.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Europa.
Noxin and Wildcat of Britannia Guards, those two were so in sync they could hold off all Vesper on their own :D
I remember doing idocs in Fel Europa while trying to outrun them ,good times :)

Last edited:

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa.
I recall we were having a guild meeting at the original Shadowcourt HQ north of Vesper when DCL and Noxin and Wildcat had a massive fight outside. Of course we all stayed in character as the chaos ensued outside. I think it was something like 6 or 7 vs 2 and still Nox and Wild didnt go down. I got an apology on ICQ later that night from Noxin for their brawl outside our guildhouse. Classic.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Years back (T2A to Tram era) I played on Pac with a gal I knew whose character was Aisha. Here she became known as Leandra and was a mod. A couple others who had come with us from another game were Elwing, Earendil and Lindy. Lindy ran an auction house on LA after a little bit.

Then there was a pest named Sir Loin of Beef who insisted my character was an infamous PK of the same name. So I dirtnapped a lot until I was finally able to convince him he was wrong. After that he helped me understand some of the game mechanics, friended me to his house and intro'd me to the reds that hung at Brit Crossroads.

I was in a guild of PvM/RPers named KOP - Knights of Peace - and met Mistress Vic, Hardrider, Aramis and several others. This group was my first intro to group/guild hunts and we quite often went to wipe out the hordes at the Orc Fort and City of the Dead in T2A. When I left Pac for Atl, it was Mistress Vic that killed my character as part of an RP plot.

On the these boards (SnR in the good ole days) at that time were a couple guys I came to really respect even though our playstyles were different - Marikus and Solarm. All of us tried a FS for a little bit in addition to UO, found it lacking and dropped our playing there. But I was finally able to meet Marikus and Solarm "face-to-face". Good times.

I miss them all.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Melantus on LS. The first red player/dev I saw and the most honorable. Tajima . Grim Omen, CatHat. :( Grey Wolf from these boards. Airmid from LS. Galen. Joylah. Wishmaster. Raen Darkfire. Triston Ashford. Ragnar and Zolton.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad... LS - DENNAR, Mysteech, Lightheart, Fido, Skatt, Bowen Greyleaf. Heaven's Revenge, Loki, The Boogy Man, Mud Puppy, Dreamlore, Kiss of Death, Guisepe Longhorn... I will remember others soon, ok maybe.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Dread Atlantic - SSJ guild run by Gohan, Jarlaxle. Some of the best fights in game happened when 3-4 SSJ took on 20+ blues, and won. Good 'ol dread days. No scripts back then, they were efficient killers.

G*B (Guardians of Britania) run by Shadowcaster. Myst ran a good vendor shop with Angel and the guild had an epic long running guild war with LD! (Lords of Death) run by Max Prophet. Names included Voivod, Aries, Cherlynne, Wolfgar and many more.

Dread days, when your thief could disarm steal and you couldn't lock down your stuff(or your skill) were the best. 10k gold was a lot back then.

Last edited:

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great Lakes: Red Devil, who ran the first big auction house

Last edited:

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sonoma: Postal, huge looter in hythloth! He made my Tent vendor at entrance very rich from selling reagent kits!

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Napa Valley - Sparkles, Papa Shango, Deb, Dusty, Jamie, Kris, Bribonic, Toad, Lex, Copa, Nixon, Kron, Dredgee, Kirthag….

Oh my goodness so many I can't even think of them all! LOL

LRON
I*C
NB
M^F
SoN
SiN

Were some of the guilds.

redman2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes love

CVN guild: Aryiana Sune, Avalon, AJ, Drakmathus, Xyrak
RP enemies: Jakob Convenant, Marcus
Others: Kiki, Kimber, Animal Mother, Angelus, Darius De Ron, Sajvo, TWISTED METAL, Skye Coville

She never left but gotta throw love to Renee.

I'll have to think of more.

BoomerCO

Journeyman
When I came back to the game a few months ago, I recovered a few accounts I made for bulk order deeds and I had named the chars after some old friends from Napa and early catskills
Some people I knew from my days of a thief, Thieves of Napa, Thieves of Britain, Thieves of Vesper. Others I met on the roof of Empath Abbey (Yew Rangers). Later I was in The Obsidian Circle, then The Resistance.

KamA from Thieves of Napa, God Mode, Bugsy, Proximo, godski, ScareCrow, Eg-Fox, Shaggy, Nice Guy, Artful Dodger, kenny, Carisse, Freona Apple, Olaf, Cmdr Akbar, Malthus, Morpheus, Simon Belmont, Grendal , Tularic, Violent J, Nial, Venus, Flash, Fate, Jiggy, Hektor Maize, Rocko Spoogee, Method, DragonWhelp, punzie, JiTT, Special Ed, SAVATAGE, Pixi, WaR CoW, Luna de Tuna, Olaf, Aravae, Tom from Thieves of Brit, Trent Hatred, Craggan, AeonFlux, Dabu, Mephestus, Leriko, Charlie Brown (grandmaster duelist) Who, Mekare, Spec, Malachi, Ean Bladeswift, Sniper, King Basolia, HKJOHN(i dont think he spoke), Mym, Rup, a dark elf, Swoosh, Inno, Dr Death, MeDoc, Arcanus, Cookie Monster,

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa- LMJ was my old guild which I started with two other IRL friends. Was for a time the largest ANTI(we Pk'd the PK's...?) guild on Napa. Loved those times and miss all the people who's names I have, sadly, long forgot.

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Others: Kiki, Kimber, Animal Mother, Angelus, Darius De Ron, Sajvo, TWISTED METAL, Skye Coville
I'll have to think of more.
I used to hang out with Animal Mother and Adar at Vesper!

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Opens ICQ list and digs threw the cob webs.... on Atlantic Shard

Dubs (Buns of Glory) Hugs gah I miss you... Lannie! Hugs
Skulls Guild : (Chris) Columbus, Street (Athelas) Porter, Aries,Gantoris, Audi, Hoth, Mahade, Rome, Shurok, Farouk, Study Break, Wisdom, Feroze, Donald, Ibex, Lamar, Luxor. Doom! Fallfast

Legions of Chaos: Dragon King , Enthorn, Thran, Ender, Defalco, Italos, Ner"zuhl, Night Wolf

MSI: Shaft, Yum, Robin, Billy, Breeze

DVI: BESO!

LNR Guild: Obs and his crew, Tuna wiggle, Kraxel, Lando

Thor, Trezius, Trixi, Vincent, victornox, Xavyir, wolfy. freaky, chocolits, Nebrios Rig, rigor shadefox, roadrunner, Mercury, Tristan, Ktulu, Flair, Othein, Jonnathan, Josh, Joe (UOR) Elminster, Artemois. Arwen, Hawk, Dog of war, Fazed, Darwolf, Death, DeeDee, Tazar, Mallik, OMEGA

Oh Ed if your out there I still miss all the fun from our earlier days... it was a blast and Sean from UOR ( A Texan I believe) miss you
EM Bennu... its been 8 months .. my memory starting to fade I forgetting what you look like ( O wait , that's right a toon in a black and gold robe) hows the family? hows the book? Please get that tavern going I miss your great stories
There are so many from the rares community that have gone and I am getting just plain to sad to keep writing. I miss all of you!

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Legends -

Lady Drabba- A crafter from my noob days (2001-2002)

Woody of Moonglow and WOM his guild: he ran the most famous vendor house on Legends. I honestly swear he furnished most everyone's house on AOL Legends as we were called back then.

Lord Zathro the first person I knew on Legends that passed away IRL.

Nakasha Saran: she and Zathro kept Jirel from being a nekkid noob (pre insurance). Lord MoreBeer and his crazy friends.

Fried Eggs aka HotdogsRGross : ROTFL he owned Jirel's theif.

Anothony Caxton/Alexandra : RL Friend that introduced Jirel and I to UO; the friendship ended, she quit UO, but we're still here.

Pug and L-D guild: to know them is ROTFLMAO! They were the most messed PVP guild on Legends; they literally pked each other!!

Arseholes of North Brit: Anyone remember them? They gave me my first ganking.

PluckyDuck, Five Fingers, Marty, SneakySue and Freeholders Across Legends (FAL)

Lady Cherokee, Dev Cortair and the Fellowship of Skara Brae (FSB)

WickedlyDelish, Bari Cuda, Cuda, Gimili, Dr Icestorm, Sir George and all the rest of Adventures of Sosaria Guild (AoS)

Sorcon Gradius

Ministry of Darkness Guild (MoD) first guild I joined

Dark Helmet and Dark Bonnet ...LOL and his Beetle named Barf

Brent, his girlfriend RoseMaire and the "picture incident"?!?!? LMAO

Gambit : Caused me to die laughing at Lord Oaks Ish because he brought a Necromancer LMAO

Lady Phoenix and Lady Bastet gone but never forgotten

CandyRain

Ghetto Barbie

Lady Tasti FruitCake and Lord Monkey Nutz same person he made a 69 luck suit that cracked me up.

Tyrath, ZOOG Guild, and the Great Zoogi Hunts

Last but certainly not least my sister Jirel of Joiry

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lake Austin, from my current alliance. Some have been gone a short time, others a decade or more.

Wild Bill/Mad Max/Tycolby/Cinder Stonewal
Arwen Rivenmyst
King Ximana
Hoek
Malaganter
Fury
Pausha
Pumaz
Athena
Higgins
Jaguar Knight
Toular

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mala Fide
Andromalius
Lil'Bill Crackin
Draztik Methodz
Frank
MidniteWolf
Sylin
Scourge
Kapo
Sadok *looks around* yeah you!

and reaching further back.

Distimok - first pk'er I met that took time to teach me and give me confidence. Back when camping was a 7x gm's worse nightmare. I remember him SCREAMING AT ME the dangers of fire!!!!
AlucarD - first roleplayer I met showed me how to gain resist walking back and forth in a fire field.

Back further a guy who played on Great Lakes. He helped me place my first house there and since mine was a tiny, I could sheer sheep and use the loom and spinning wheel in his "tailor" house from mine. I wandered too far from home one day and could not find my way back to my house.It dropped and he helped me earn enough for a new home....safely on the road to vesper. hehe

For everyone else, I just look at my guild roster. Too many names to list for sure.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Legends -

Lady Drabba- A crafter from my noob days (2001-2002)

Woody of Moonglow and WOM his guild: he ran the most famous vendor house on Legends. I honestly swear he furnished most everyone's house on AOL Legends as we were called back then.

Lord Zathro the first person I knew on Legends that passed away IRL.

Nakasha Saran: she and Zathro kept Jirel from being a nekkid noob (pre insurance). Lord MoreBeer and his crazy friends.

Fried Eggs aka HotdogsRGross : ROTFL he owned Jirel's theif.

Anothony Caxton/Alexandra : RL Friend that introduced Jirel and I to UO; the friendship ended, she quit UO, but we're still here.

Pug and L-D guild: to know them is ROTFLMAO! They were the most messed PVP guild on Legends; they literally pked each other!!

Arseholes of North Brit: Anyone remember them? They gave me my first ganking.

PluckyDuck, Five Fingers, Marty, SneakySue and Freeholders Across Legends (FAL)

Lady Cherokee, Dev Cortair and the Fellowship of Skara Brae (FSB)

WickedlyDelish, Bari Cuda, Cuda, Gimili, Dr Icestorm, Sir George and all the rest of Adventures of Sosaria Guild (AoS)

Sorcon Gradius

Ministry of Darkness Guild (MoD) first guild I joined

Dark Helmet and Dark Bonnet ...LOL and his Beetle named Barf

Brent, his girlfriend RoseMaire and the "picture incident"?!?!? LMAO

Gambit : Caused me to die laughing at Lord Oaks Ish because he brought a Necromancer LMAO

Lady Phoenix and Lady Bastet gone but never forgotten

CandyRain

Ghetto Barbie

Lady Tasti FruitCake and Lord Monkey Nutz same person he made a 69 luck suit that cracked me up.

Tyrath, ZOOG Guild, and the Great Zoogi Hunts

Last but certainly not least my sister Jirel of Joiry

Sorcon Gartius.

I ran with 80% of these people you mentioned......

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was very saddened to recently find out from her nephew here in Stratics that Ursula passed on.
Ursula was my crafters guild leader or AOV (Apostles of Virtue) on GL first, then moved to Baja. She was extremely helpful, always with good spirit always willing to help. I will always remember her. If that was the same Ursula, may her memory be eternal and deepest regards to her family and friends...

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Atlantic - Lady Karizma and Epic Ignorance. Some of my first UO friends.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg epic ignorance totally forgot that name

I remeber seeing GOD OF THUNDER a lot he had a moonglow house right next to the town

Drayden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes:
Noctal Lupis with Darry and Gunther as the GMs I don't remember many else as that was like back in 99. They were my best buds back in the early days of UO for me.

Atlantic:
I spent more time on this shard so I have more fond memories. I was part of the RP community in Atlantic for a long time
I remember O|S Order of Sanctus
!DRW a Drow RP guild
S|G and Umbra were both RP guilds as well that I was apart of.
I ran a few RP guilds myself like O|F (Order of the Flame) and the Vesper Militia.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The first shard I picked on UO was ocieana (I randomly picked it the first time logging in even though I live on east coast haha) and a toon named Badseed gave me a small tower on an island. This was when they were worth 500k (17 years ago) and I lost the key and never saw that house again hahahaha

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa Valley - Sparkles, Papa Shango, Deb, Dusty, Jamie, Kris, Bribonic, Toad, Lex, Copa, Nixon, Kron, Dredgee, Kirthag….

Oh my goodness so many I can't even think of them all! LOL

LRON
I*C
NB
M^F
SoN
SiN

Were some of the guilds.
N*B still lives on hun :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
GL's : Kazola... a name to never forget..

Merth

Journeyman
Ok so I’ll throw some in...my fondest memories were playing with a scattering of players that came from the old UOForums to form a guild and hang together in Lake Austin...no particular order cause I had the greatest in game time ever with this group:

Cabe Bedlam
Queen Mum
Jack Oleary
Ocho Cinco
Kellen
Rascal
Marlin Perkins
Darksied
Vepl
Tyreal
PanzerFaust
Snugglebunny
Ally
Bendavho
Sean silverfoot
Bald guy (paul)
Deimos
Kitiara

Im sure I have forgotten more than i remember. This group all played on different shards but made a guild so we could hang together back in 2007.

4 edits so far keep remembering more lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Let's throw out some old names of players from our home shards and see if anyone recognizes them. Guild names and tags welcome too. I'll start.

Great Lakes =
JFF, Spec, Miner Rob and Miner Dave, Ethical Paul, Chris the Avatar, Silk, Faux, Choke of Endo, Sabbath CD, Epyon AD, LightBlade, Huma, NatoGhost, Gelgarion, Bonedancer, RedSand, Peon and Peoff, Kalyndria. SiN, GoD, D-I, BC, SoB, WiN, M-N.
No Ryak or Andrew Bishop from the The Sandlewood Box Inn? My best memories of Great Lakes. And numerous Orcs... Krista's Ranger Station.