• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey Bank Storage Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, As stated last week we will be publishing Endless Journey limited bank box storage today 4/16/2018 by approx 3 pm ET. All Endless Journey accounts will receive a base amount of 20 items ( bank expansions can increase the max item count to 28). Any account over the max limit will be able to view their full banks but will not be able to remove any items at this time. In the near future we will be adding the ability to remove items from the bank that are over the set max limit. Please check it out and […]

Continue reading...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't state it specifically, but i am going to go ahead and assume (i know, Ass-u-me) it will be on TC first?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It doesn't state it no but if you read it, it is to be assumed lol.

As stated last week we will be publishing Endless Journey limited bank box storage today 4/16/2018 by approx 3 pm ET. All Endless Journey accounts will receive a base amount of 20 items ( bank expansions can increase the max item count to 28). Any account over the max limit will be able to view their full banks but will not be able to remove any items at this time. In the near future we will be adding the ability to remove items from the bank that are over the set max limit. Please check it out and give us your feedback, if all goes well we will be putting this out to Origin tomorrow and WW by Wednesday.

So they are publishing it TODAY (Presumably to TC) and then TOMORROW on Origin and WORLDWIDE by Wednesday...hopefully character copy is working otherwise I will wait until tomorrow for thorough testing.

EDIT:

I think we are assuming correctly because Test Center is down right now, hopefully being published :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
20 items...better than nothing I guess.

I would probably have waited to for the ability to take items out of an over-full box, but... *shrugs*

Logics and UO, never the twain shall meet.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sweeet!! i already broke it. i said "Give Arties and it took my bank limit to 421 of 20 items and the page arrows disappear

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL nice goin Victim!

But if you think about it, you won't be able to do that on regular shards.

So I created a new character on my NEW EJ account and it start off with 261 items...LOVE the bank graphic though, that's pretty cool.
BankEJ.jpg

Have to go get my daughter from school but further testing will be done!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thinking about this, we will only be able to test the not being able to remove stuff and viewing part on TC. it will have to wait for Origin to do full testing. and i agree, the bank graphic is awesome.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooo.. a new gump? Only EJ accounts can see it, as a normal subbed account cannot. The grid makes sense, so you don't have to move things around to view it all.

So now we also know the template for the implementation of the EC's container grid system in the CC. It's a little bulky, but workable.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can create normal char on TC, empty bank and enable EJ limits using moongate.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the way it is working seems like a good idea to deter free scripting accounts. you can only put what your pack can hold in at a time. so for instance, you have 400 logs in your pack, you put them in as one stack, then come back later with 400 more logs, you put it in and it goes in as another stack of 400 logs instead of stacking with the previous logs. and i cannot make them stack together so far. and you cannot use a comm deed to deed up resources so it is looking good so far.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay it's confusing but here's how it works:

I made a NON-EJ character, emptied the bank, put EJ Restrictions on and tested.

You now have another option on the banking menu, NewBanking.jpg

This is the only way to put an item into the bank, there is no drag and drop.

To take an item OUT of the bank.....single left-click it...if it's a single item it will go into your backpack
If it's a stack, the gump will disappear and you'll get a message at the bottom left of the screen asking how much you want to withdraw.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess it'd be a good idea to add a weight limit
it is limited to what your pack can hold and creates a new stack every time you deposit something regardless of whether or not there is an identical stack of it in there already. that is very limiting with only 28 slots

*ps* i should note anything you deposit is required to be in your char backpack, so it does limit weight

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay it's confusing but here's how it works:

I made a NON-EJ character, emptied the bank, put EJ Restrictions on and tested.

You now have another option on the banking menu, View attachment 80068

This is the only way to put an item into the bank, there is no drag and drop.

To take an item OUT of the bank.....single left-click it...if it's a single item it will go into your backpack
If it's a stack, the gump will disappear and you'll get a message at the bottom left of the screen asking how much you want to withdraw.
Im glad that jwelry box grid is only on EJ accounts.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Im glad that jwelry box grid is only on EJ accounts.
I think they did it that way to keep stackable items from stacking in your bank...if you have a stack of 30 logs and you want to add more, you have to take it all out and then put it all back in so you can only store what your character can carry.

I agree about the grid, I don't care for it myself, it's very pretty and well done, I like the colors and the functionality is very nice but it feels like every other game to me...little boxes don't belong in UO lol.

But so far I think 20 items is a good starting storage for EJ accounts, the no stacking rule is awesome, weight limit is awesome.....so all is good.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
This grid may be there because they used their previously developed EJ vault for it.... I would think it would be simpler to just have a bank like everyone else with a lower limit.

I also think the limit should be 50 items or so. 20 is really low.. good thing it's there so soon though.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooo.. a new gump? Only EJ accounts can see it, as a normal subbed account cannot. The grid makes sense, so you don't have to move things around to view it all.

So now we also know the template for the implementation of the EC's container grid system in the CC. It's a little bulky, but workable.
The jewelry box used the same mechanics already.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think 30 items would have been nice, 28 is an odd number to pick.
Now we just need bank box increments tokens available in the shop, so EJ players can support the game with $$$
I suggest +5 slot increments at a price of 500 suvs.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats the biggest Joke in History.
Right after 20 + 8 ... Why in hell 8????
They did ridiculous low numbers with the stable slots..

.. they keep true to it with the bank slots ;)

I can understand the 20 base limit. But only +8 increase to buy? I could see people buying it if it went to 40, 60 or 100. But 20 to 28 is barely worth anything IMO.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So with "bank expansion" they mean the already existing extensions, not something new to just buy more slots? Oh well.. even "better" :D

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
20-28 is far too limited.
For a FREE account, I disagree. Now I've been saying 25 since the beginning, so 35 with the bank increase but the 20-28 is more than enough for these... especially since they started off with no bank

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think that, if one wished to do so, a option to own and place a blue tent in fel fills the need(same rules would apply in one tent per account). Blue tents had a chest which could be limited to 50 items and 35K weight(or something close) and needed a key to unlock(I would make this uninsurable). Heck I would even go so far to make them pickable......what FUN!!!!

It's old school, has fear and danger and could provide some much needed excitement for folks.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think that, if one wished to do so, a option to own and place a blue tent in fel fills the need(same rules would apply in one tent per account). Blue tents had a chest which could be limited to 50 items and 35K weight(or something close) and needed a key to unlock(I would make this uninsurable). Heck I would even go so far to make them pickable......what FUN!!!!

It's old school, has fear and danger and could provide some much needed excitement for folks.
So you want EJ in Fel, need more sheep to you.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew @Lord Frodo would go that route. Yes EJ players should be in Fel(and tram, malas and all the other wasted space this game has to offer), can you give me a reason why it shouldn't be? Chances are a good number of the EJ people are old school players who have some memories of what this game was once and are not afraid of passing along a little insurance money if they die, unlike some of the great and frequent posters here.

Sheep, will anything new and enlightening ever come from your keyboard? 6500+ posts and still the same crap...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I knew @Lord Frodo would go that route. Yes EJ players should be in Fel(and tram, malas and all the other wasted space this game has to offer), can you give me a reason why it shouldn't be? Chances are a good number of the EJ people are old school players who have some memories of what this game was once and are not afraid of passing along a little insurance money if they die, unlike some of the great and frequent posters here.

Sheep, will anything new and enlightening ever come from your keyboard? 6500+ posts and still the same crap...
LMAO Please give us more lures for Fel, whats new.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a FREE account, I disagree. Now I've been saying 25 since the beginning, so 35 with the bank increase but the 20-28 is more than enough for these... especially since they started off with no bank
It should be 100 at least. I wish it was just a regular bank. You need a lot of storage to play this game, even causally.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
20-28 is enough. Some potions, regs and a few other items. There has to be a reason to sub, giving a full bank would be silly.
For returning vets this is unuseable.

My bank is maxed on all chars making it completely pointless to even bother.

Yeah sure they will fix that "soon".

Pass.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Just give them the bank. You need a bank to play. Give them their full 125 items. Players who are building up an account will likely find a lot of things hunting and want to hang onto it for awhile.

Cap the amount of gold they can store instead, limit it to 10 million or so and that will be a strong incentive to subscribe. DON'T give houses to EJs! Let them ride the beetle. These are our veteran community players coming back, be generous and kind.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Pass.
I see your point but I can understand why they don't want to give up the kitten. I thought my silly tent idea fit the bill in that one could whittle down the contents and there was some implied risk to the storage which provides another reason to sub.

I guess the notion where people stored a bank full while on break wasn't a factor for them, 6 chars at 125 items and possibly a few shards....pay to play.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I see your point but I can understand why they don't want to give up the kitten. I thought my silly tent idea fit the bill in that one could whittle down the contents and there was some implied risk to the storage which provides another reason to sub.

I guess the notion where people stored a bank full while on break wasn't a factor for them, 6 chars at 125 items and possibly a few shards....pay to play.

They're stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Pass.
But see that's exactly why they aren't doing it, you've just confirmed that some people would come back and live out of their bank box without ever paying. Your only solution is to sub if you want all your stuff, play for free without em for now :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put stuff in the store they would buy, and that will make up the difference. Gonna have to get creative with the store and make the money.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the taste is a crap nugget they're just gonna leave the restaurant, to push the metaphor. Gotta give people a playable game, and storage is a bare minimum requirement to play this game, and under 30 items is not enough.
And what, you want to give them a free 10 course meal and hope they buy something else, now that is funny. EJ gives far more than the free trial gave and that is still not enough. Sorry that EJ isn't enough for you because IMHO with all these wants is people just wanting to play for free forever.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And what, you want to give them a free 10 course meal and hope they buy something else, now that is funny. EJ gives far more than the free trial gave and that is still not enough. Sorry that EJ isn't enough for you because IMHO with all these wants is people just wanting to play for free forever.
Then they shouldn't have done EJ to begin with as a F2P-not-F2P option. Either it is F2P or it isn't. But can't be both/neither, that's just a recipe to fail...and a massive waste of dev time.

There are plenty of ways that EJ could be a viable F2P option that would still make EA the monies it so desperately wants. BS simply hasn't done that for whatever myopic reason du jour.

BS could sell bank slots, say in groups of 10 for a few bucks (like the stable slot token), but keep the old 125 item cap for EJers. (I'm sure plenty of subbed accounts would buy these as well.) This makes EJ truly viable while generating cash.

They could monetize other services for EJers such as redeeming Commodity Deeds (so they can easily acquire needed resources). Charge $1 to open 3 deeds.

If they do enough of those, some people may pay more for services than a sub is worth...

That's how you make F2P profitable, not the quarter-assed cluster of reasons not to bother we have now.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But see that's exactly why they aren't doing it, you've just confirmed that some people would come back and live out of their bank box without ever paying. Your only solution is to sub if you want all your stuff, play for free without em for now :)
It's like having an oar on each side of a boat and only being able to paddle one of them.

So the devs are intentionally not adding banks back because someone might casually play the limited functionality of the game?

There's so many flaws with this logic I'm really not sure where to begin.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then they shouldn't have done EJ to begin with as a F2P-not-F2P option. Either it is F2P or it isn't. But can't be both/neither, that's just a recipe to fail...and a massive waste of dev time.

There are plenty of ways that EJ could be a viable F2P option that would still make EA the monies it so desperately wants. BS simply hasn't done that for whatever myopic reason du jour.

BS could sell bank slots, say in groups of 10 for a few bucks (like the stable slot token), but keep the old 125 item cap for EJers. (I'm sure plenty of subbed accounts would buy these as well.) This makes EJ truly viable while generating cash.

They could monetize other services for EJers such as redeeming Commodity Deeds (so they can easily acquire needed resources). Charge $1 to open 3 deeds.

If they do enough of those, some people may pay more for services than a sub is worth...

That's how you make F2P profitable, not the quarter-assed cluster of reasons not to bother we have now.
You don't take a 20 year old game and try to make it F2P to begin with. EJ is a joke, what they should have done is remove the time limit on the trial account and ended it there. If you give EJ accounts then they will never sub because they will basically have everything but a house. Max storage EJ should ever have is 50. If you can't figure out if you want to play with that then you are just a freeloader and had no intention of subbibg to begin with.