• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 World Wide

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah i'm finding that now im with Navery and Combat training is useless now.
Funny, i went to bed before pub 98 and the patch number was 7.0.59.5 and today its the same number.
You've already gotten the publish... the servers need the patch now. You won't see that. They said they will take them down one by one starting at 10 or 11 or so I'm assuming EDT... or EST whatever it is... and then it will be updated.

So wait till they hit your shard and it goes down.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe we all already have the patch, it's just getting "activated" , or am I wrong ?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea, the patch number is the same as yesterday which is the same as last week, but if Europa went down for them to "add" it happened very late last night.
I know we now have it as Consume damage at navery is now pointless, just thought if they were adding something that would change game mechanics then the patch numbers should change?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe we all already have the patch, it's just getting "activated" , or am I wrong ?
Correct. Kyronix said they have to activate each shard manually but the patch is already in, just waitin for it to be turned on

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct. Kyronix said they have to activate each shard manually but the patch is already in, just waitin for it to be turned on
Yeah that's what i'm saying, the patch is in as they took each shard down yesterday to add it and yes its in on Europa also (just waiting for them to flick the event switch today), but the patch number 7.0.59.5 is the same as Monday of last week.
Makes things confusing when the add patches but don't change patch numbers.....how they keep up with what was added and when i have no idea. ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We all got the patch when ORigin and them went live with it, right? there's nothign to patch for us, its all on the backend work now.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We all got the patch when ORigin and them went live with it, right? there's nothign to patch for us, its all on the backend work now.
Yes.

Kyronix said they would put the fiction up on uo.com....about 45 minutes until they start activating it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were talking about 2 separate things here. I'm not talking about the event arc, i'm talking about Publish 98.
From UO.com yesterday.

Greetings All,

We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 is in the process of being deployed to all shards. Publish 98 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and check the notes for full release details. Please note that some features will not be available until certain dates.

As mentioned in the notes, Publish 98 brings our latest content arc, The Shattered Obelisk. Check out this page on the Shattered Obelisk for more details!

Many things changed yesterday which to me is a Patch. Yet the patch number on the client did not indicating there was no patch.
This is why the shards were taken down yesterday, not last week as that was just the Live test on Origin.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Publish 98 is already active..it should be anyway...as far as the bug fixed/pet changes etc. The only thing happening today is the Arc....but I didn't go onto any other shards to check because I only have a tamer on Origin..and Siege but that account is down right now :/

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bangs head on table repeatedly* ;)
Yes i know it went live YESTERDAY but the patch number on the client did NOT change, it is the same as it was on Monday of LAST week.

I'm gonna stop now as i'm obviously not explaining it well.....:twak:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*bangs head on table repeatedly* ;)
Yes i know it went live YESTERDAY but the patch number on the client did NOT change, it is the same as it was on Monday of LAST week.

I'm gonna stop now as i'm obviously not explaining it well.....:twak:
Yes we get it....the patch number is the same.....look beyond the numbers.....think outside the box.....the patch IS there....there is no spoon...take the blue pill!!!

Yeah not sure why the patch number didn't change...at least on my load screen it says patch unknown.....*cue eerie music*

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay ya'll..I have activated it on Origin......cus ya'll were so good ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had the patch - the reminder was for folk who don't keep their client patched up. We've also had the publish, on the server. We're now waiting for the manual switch on. Not sure if it's on anywhere yet, newspapers can be bought, but there's no quest info from the Town Herald yet.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They must be updating the web page now as the site is down.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oops...I think I broke my shard :/

@Kyronix Origin just died.....HALP!!!! I was right in the middle of...something....:/

GET THE PADDLES!!!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's just the Phoenix letting you know she controls the shards not you ;)
LOL omg you make me laugh every day...I think though that you might be correct....she's a mean old bird ;)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
you need to understand that You already have the patch!
The mandatory patch from last week, already have all the changes and new things, what happens from now on are things that the Devs will Turn ON, that it is already on the mandatory patch!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So much for it being active at Server Up!
It did not say it would be active at server up.. it said, "Once the fix has been deployed to all shards, Part I of the Shattered Obelisk will be re-enabled." .... so once the last shard has server maint they will once again go through the shards turning the content back on. Looked around for server down times and the last maint cycle I could see is one that starts at 10am Est which would put it back up around 11am. Which would coincide with what time they started it yesterday. So would look for it around noon est just so they can check it out to ensure the 'fix' worked.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pulled this from Jack's Bag of Tricks today:

SS_2021.jpg

SS_2027.jpg

SS_2022.jpg

When double-clicked the box, you get an explosion animation/sound and the toon also falls on the ground.
If you have zero resist, you take 30hp damage from the explosion; about 8~9hp damage with full resist.
If you are mounted, you're still mounted after this.