• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 is in the process of being deployed to all shards. Publish 98 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and check the notes for full release details. Please note that some features will not be available until certain dates. As mentioned in the notes, Publish 98 brings our latest content arc, The Shattered Obelisk. Check out this page on the Shattered Obelisk for more details! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You're activating it now? Is it doable now? It says on the page not until the 16th...which is tomorrow....(Is confuzzled)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings All,

We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 will be deployed to Origin, Izumo & Baja by 2pm ET August 8, 2017 and we are targeting a World Wide release date of August 15th, 2017. We are also pushing a client patch for both the Classic and Enhanced Clients to address with stack splitting. Publish 98 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and head over to TC1 or one of the first release shards to check out the latest update. Please note that some features will not be available on these shards, check the notes for full release details.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't see that now I'm confuzzeled

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
mmhmm ~scratches head~ now you see my problem! :)

I'm not getting a patch....are you??

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope I'm on PAC I have restart the client a few times and checked the news in game

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 is in the process of being deployed to all shards. Publish 98 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and check the notes for full release details. Please note that some features will not be available until certain dates. As mentioned in the notes, Publish 98 brings our latest content arc, The Shattered Obelisk. Check out this page on the Shattered Obelisk for more details! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...
Fake News! :D

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL

~there is no spoon...take the red pill!!!~

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You're activating it now? Is it doable now? It says on the page not until the 16th...which is tomorrow....(Is confuzzled)
The way I took it is they are deploying the patch today and will turn on the 20th content tomorrow.

but.. some of the content is already active. Trader is at Sorc Dungeon and people who have KOTL points left over are already able to select the Jawbone... *shrugs.. already one for sell on atl.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh also?? @Kyronix the heralds on Origin are shouting about the break in in Moonglow.....I think it's out of order..shouldn't this one be first??

newsss.jpg

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The way I took it is they are deploying the patch today and will turn on the 20th content tomorrow.

but.. some of the content is already active. Trader is at Sorc Dungeon and people who have KOTL points left over are already able to select the Jawbone... *shrugs.. already one for sell on atl.
So thats why they were paying 550k each for those...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I missed that event I don't have any points

Is there a guide yet for this new event ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

THIS IS HALLOWEEN CONTENT!! Why would they activate that NOW??

@Kyronix probably shouldn't have activated that npc just yet :/

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't mind him letting people who had KOTL points from last year being able to get a jump on the content really (and no, I do not have any because I sadly missed that arc)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Umm :)

Once it goes live tomorrow I will write up stuff pertaining to the first part of the Arc.

Since it's already been on TC, pieces of it have already become known...as far as I know the picture I posted above is the first part....about Trades and Tariffs and such.....but rest assured I will be on top of it..and yes I already have a guide in the works :)

I actually just ran there..I have 27 points left over :/ I guess but if the content was meant for Halloween I don't think it should be available now...he DID say (Kyronix) That he would let the event run through November because Jack's Bag is only usable once per day so everyone will want to get that first to get the most use out of it and that will give people time to build up the points to get everything else...but to activate that now is just silly!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Continue reading...
Ahh right...i get it now, was a bit confusing.
They are pushing Publish 98 live today so its ready for the "switch" to be flicked tomorrow for the Event arc.
......gotta make sure they get those nerfs in first ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey it's not my fault I get all crazy when new stuff hits Test Center!! It's like my drug :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THIS IS HALLOWEEN CONTENT!! Why would they activate that NOW??

@Kyronix probably shouldn't have activated that npc just yet :/

So the ones that got it should be able to keep it till till release but others cant get it???

They messed up let it stay.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay dont know how yall missed it on test and Origin, etc etc...but it chaps me that they put the exit gate in front of the doorway...you tele up and run into the dungeon, right into the exit gate...couldnt that be scooted over a few tiles or something?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got me a jawbone. Glad I held on to my extra 95 kotl pieces. :cool:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought Europa was getting it tomorrow? :confused:
They announced earlier (post on front page) they are pushing Publish 98 out today to correct some stuff ready for the switch on tomorrow.....looks like we will all be tucked up in bed before we get it on Europa though.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem on Europa now though is, do we start anything or will the shard go down soon...... :rolleyes:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem on Europa now though is, do we start anything or will the shard go down soon...... :rolleyes:
Turn in any Kotl stuff you have before the publish. That vendor goes away and the new one opens up!!!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn in any Kotl stuff you have before the publish. That vendor goes away and the new one opens up!!!
Lol, i've heard people talking about this Kotl........i still have no idea what, where or who it is :D

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You talking about in Sorc Dungeon? I have no exit gate there on my client..
Teleport up above the waterfall and go in? Yeah the ground entrance is clear. It's the top one that has the gate hiding right inside where ya dont see it till ya run in and hit it LOL. No biggie, but it tosses up that big selection gump-could be hazardous when the baddies start getting dragged up there

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Main is Legends. I dabble on Atlantic :) and have some friends there (a few) still. Might have been an EM thing, or maybe Mesanna put it there quite a while back, think she did a Mesanna roulette thing up there one time.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How come Sorcerers Dungeon isn't on the Serpents Jawbone?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thats the statues name in front of the entrance.
Hmm.. must been an EM that stuck that statue there.. not one on Atl at any rate that I see. Terort Skitas is actually the"tower of knowledge" that you can tele to from the river or reach by going through the dungeon. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm.. must been an EM that stuck that statue there.. not one on Atl at any rate that I see. Terort Skitas is actually the"tower of knowledge" that you can tele to from the river or reach by going through the dungeon. :)
Ok name of tower. I called it a statue.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just in case ya missed it in game.. Thanks for allowing the community to use your new prize :)
No problem! Id rather have it be used publicly then go and be greedy like the others and try to sell it for hundred mil in gold. I had tons of gold in this game and spent it and regathered it over the years. It doesn't make you special to be UO rich like some people think they are. Ive raided people on smaller shards then afterwards given them the scrolls at the bank. I play just to play and have fun. I would like to see some of the major issue plaguing UO to be fixed though.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, i've heard people talking about this Kotl........i still have no idea what, where or who it is :D
Kotl event is the Halloween event last year. It was turned off already. The area in kotl city spawn energy drakes now

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i wake up this morning and boot up UO.....no patch?
Does Europa not get publish 98?
Are we the "ginger haired stepchild" once again??

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i'm finding that now im with Navery and Combat training is useless now.
Funny, i went to bed before pub 98 and the patch number was 7.0.59.5 and today its the same number.