• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Risk vs Reward huh ?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Is there a fel and tram in seige or is it just one big thing? I also keep hearing something about tram and fel abyss on production shards. Thought there was only abyss and not two different abysss'

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is there a fel and tram in seige or is it just one big thing? I also keep hearing something about tram and fel abyss on production shards. Thought there was only abyss and not two different abysss'
On Siege, you can get attacked on all facets, inc Termur, Tokuno, Ilshenar and Malas.
There should be a part of Abyss on Prodo shards, that is Fel ruleset. I don't know what part as it all is Fel on Siege. I only play Siege

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is ridiculous.

Someone on Europa looted a castle full of dupes so Siege should get double resources?

You should feel ashamed for even thinking this is sound logic.
its a factor that adds to the disparity. i find the logic a lot less "ridiculous" than the decision, to destroy the biggest thing the abyss dungeon had to offer for most players. Do you remember what it was like 2 years ago before the release of the com deeds from the castle?

I agree its a side-issue tho.

The main fact is, Siege is Fel rule set. Fel gets double resources and 1k luck on insurance shards, Siege should too.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be a part of Abyss on Prodo shards, that is Fel ruleset. I don't know what part as it all is Fel on Siege. I only play Siege
its the 2 champ spawn areas that came out with the abyss. Abyssal Inferno (east side) Primeval lich spawn (west / middle) im not sure where you access them from fel as ive only ever done them on blues.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
its the 2 champ spawn areas that came out with the abyss. Abyssal Inferno (east side) Primeval lich spawn (west / middle) im not sure where you access them from fel as ive only ever done them on blues.
Those champ spawn areas in the abyss are under fel rules as soon as you walk into that area. You get a warning before you enter

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is ridiculous.

Someone on Europa looted a castle full of dupes so Siege should get double resources?

You should feel ashamed for even thinking this is sound logic.
What is even funnier is that @Smoot is trying to get us to believe that nothing has ever been duped on Siege which is total BS.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The main fact is, Siege is Fel rule set. Fel gets double resources and 1k luck on insurance shards, Siege should too.
Then by your reasoning Siege should have Bless Deeds and Item Insurance and every thing else Prodo FEL has.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then by your reasoning Siege should have Bless Deeds and Item Insurance and every thing else Prodo FEL has.
:facepalm: sorry Frodo, your coming off as if you just hate siege for some reason. the lack of the fel bonuses there seems like a simple oversight by the devs (which we all know isnt exactly unusual)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is even funnier is that @Smoot is trying to get us to believe that nothing has ever been duped on Siege which is total BS.
were talking about resources / imbue regs. log on siege, see if there is even 1 com deed of imbue regs for sale there of over 1k amount. i bet my account you couldnt even find a deed for sale on the entire shard, from any player, site, trade forum, etc of 10k of any useful imbue reg, somethings thats commonplace on transfer shards after the europa castle 2 years ago.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm: sorry Frodo, your coming off as if you just hate siege for some reason. the lack of the fel bonuses there seems like a simple oversight by the devs (which we all know isnt exactly unusual)
LMAO You said because FEL Prodo has it then Siege should have it and I gave you 2 very good examples of something FEL Prodo has but Siege does not. I think Siege is great the way it is and I am just LMAO at the whiners saying because FEL Prodo has it then Siege should too, guess what a lot of Siege players bitched like holly hell because Siege was getting to much like FEL and the DEVs changed Siege back to what it was and now we get new whiners wanting more FEL in Siege. And people wounder why we never got a pre Tram Shard, to damn many "I WANT THIS EXCEPTION" BS.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
were talking about resources / imbue regs. log on siege, see if there is even 1 com deed of imbue regs for sale there of over 1k amount. i bet my account you couldnt even find a deed for sale on the entire shard, from any player, site, trade forum, etc of 10k of any useful imbue reg, somethings thats commonplace on transfer shards after the europa castle 2 years ago.
It's as much an oversight as NPCs not selling resources on Siege is.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some ingredients can be obtained by quests. The Daemon Claw is one of them. Do they have these quests in Termur on Siege?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
its a factor that adds to the disparity. i find the logic a lot less "ridiculous" than the decision, to destroy the biggest thing the abyss dungeon had to offer for most players. Do you remember what it was like 2 years ago before the release of the com deeds from the castle?

I agree its a side-issue tho.

Lol more disparity. Its not meant to be equal.

Besides I still farm the abyss and still see others down there so I dont know what you're smoking.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe Mugen has both a tram and fel, I think.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be fair imbue regs came out after Blueknight/Bearded Lady quit playing otherwise there'd be plenty. (old school SP players will get the reference) I'm still mad at him for causing them scrap the old Hero/Evil system, I liked it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Frodo why are you in this debat? You do not play Siege. Why do you fear to see Siege get more players?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Frodo why are you in this debat? You do not play Siege. Why do you fear to see Siege get more players?
Because it's a public forum.

Even I have a character on Siege.
But the problem is That I would have to spend a great deal of time on money to make it a playable shard.
I could use a couple accounts but that still wouldn't make up the difference.

I wouldn't fool myself into thinking it's the lack of resources that is keeping people away just to fit an argument.

But that being said, that's how the shard was meant to be. And it was specifically not given double resources for the same reason.

If you start straying away from the rule set out if convenience then there is no reason to play Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't fool myself into thinking it's the lack of resources that is keeping people away just to fit an argument.
Did... anyone ever make this claim? Double resources is something that would help people playing. Nothing more. Honestly not even that much. It might make resource gathering worth more people's time, though. I really don't care about this topic either way, but it would be a help with the population as low as it is, I imagine.

But that being said, that's how the shard was meant to be. And it was specifically not given double resources for the same reason.
Like I said before, the way the shard "was meant to be" was over like... 12 years ago? Siege is now prodo shards without insurance. I mean we even allow vacation homes for prodo players. The old idea of siege is long dead, and those of us who play siege I think can accept that. We have had to deal with our shard being eroded, now we accept that it has been, and we would like it to be more playable. For many of us Siege IS UO, so we have to try and roll with the punches.

If you start straying away from the rule set out if convenience then there is no reason to play Siege.
The reason to play is that there is no insurance. That alone makes a big different in the experience on many levels. It's not the "hard" shard. It's just the no insurance fel rules shard. Old siege is dead, because they ever made an effort to keep it separate. Adding double resources and luck won't disturb the corpse.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Because it's a public forum.

Even I have a character on Siege.
But the problem is That I would have to spend a great deal of time on money to make it a playable shard.
I could use a couple accounts but that still wouldn't make up the difference.

Now I have been on Siege from the day it was born.
Everytime we get a new public, devs have to decide what to do with Siege
It's not like Siege stay the same as when it was born, alot have changed over the years.

1. We started with the old Britainnia facet and I believe Lost Land. Yet no shards had Trammel and all the new facets.
We got all new facets but Trammel. And we got them with Fel rules. We did not want any kind of trammel rules.

2. Other shards had perm stat loss for reds, Siege was born without that pain. Now it's gone on normal shards too

3. Siege never had recall, at that time, you could recall out off a fight even when flaged aggressive and it made sense not to have it on Siege. Also we only had good old land and Lost Land.

4. No shards had double resources and +1k luck, when Siege was born. Devs made the choice, that Siege should not have it. Other shards got it after Trammel was added.

5. Item Insurance was added to the game after Siege was born and Devs and Siege decided, we did not want it, not did we want Item Bless Deeds or CBD working on items with mods

6. Siege was born with no gating in and out of dungeons. No gating in and out of Lost Land came with faction I believe. A moongate near the 2 towns had been nice

7. Only one char on an account, Siege was born with that. It was not a big problem at the start, you had room for one or 2 craft/gathering skills on a PvP/PvM char. Now that's not the case and alot want have chars with different templaters, so at least one char more would be nice.

8. Red and grey can't kick/ban from houses. Not sure what happen to that rule, it was gone when we got customizing houses and changes to house secures.

9. Red and grey will clean the ban list in houses, they are friend of, when they use the door. That rules too was gone, when we got customizing houses and changes to house secures.

10. NPC vendors take 3X the price for their wares. We still have this rule but there is not really need for it now. A Tax kit cost 300k and gems are very expensive too. 2x resource spawn would help with the expensive gems.

11. NPC won't buy your wares. This rules are still here and should stay as it is good for our ecomony as it don't add alot gold to the game, when vendors won't buy.

12. Player vendors take 3X fee for working, that rule are gone now, Wilki? fixed that, but as UO have less players now, I think all can agree, vendor fee is still to high.

13. The murderer title, Siege was born without this annoying thing, I believe it is gone on all shards now.

14. Siege was born without the bounty system, it's long gone on all shards now.

15. Vendors wont train your skills. I think this one need to go too, as Mystic and Adv token works here now.

16. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain for non resourse using skills. RoT had changed alot since the start of Siege. Was gone for a while, when all shards got Power Hour gain.

Sometimes you need to review changes, just like we asked to get rid of blessing on 7th annu items and we asked devs to let Mystic and Adv tokens work on Siege. We have had alot of Devs over the years but to most Devs, we was an annoying step child, they did not understand.

*Hat of for the Devs and our Dark Ladywe have now* They seem to understand us alot better and do see, some stuff works much better on Siege. @Mesanna

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Did... anyone ever make this claim? Double resources is something that would help people playing. Nothing more. Honestly not even that much. It might make resource gathering worth more people's time, though. I really don't care about this topic either way, but it would be a help with the population as low as it is, I imagine.

Like I said before, the way the shard "was meant to be" was over like... 12 years ago? Siege is now prodo shards without insurance. I mean we even allow vacation homes for prodo players. The old idea of siege is long dead, and those of us who play siege I think can accept that. We have had to deal with our shard being eroded, now we accept that it has been, and we would like it to be more playable. For many of us Siege IS UO, so we have to try and roll with the punches.

The reason to play is that there is no insurance. That alone makes a big different in the experience on many levels. It's not the "hard" shard. It's just the no insurance fel rules shard. Old siege is dead, because they ever made an effort to keep it separate. Adding double resources and luck won't disturb the corpse.
First, yes Freja did in the prior post.

Second, if that's how you started then you already knew what you were getting into.

Plus they allowed "vacation homes" for siege players. Not the other way around.

It is supposed to be the hard shard which is why the made the effort to separate it from production shards.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Now I have been on Siege from the day it was born.
Everytime we get a new public, devs have to decide what to do with Siege
It's not like Siege stay the same as when it was born, alot have changed over the years.

1. We started with the old Britainnia facet and I believe Lost Land. Yet no shards had Trammel and all the new facets.
We got all new facets but Trammel. And we got them with Fel rules. We did not want any kind of trammel rules.

2. Other shards had perm stat loss for reds, Siege was born without that pain. Now it's gone on normal shards too

3. Siege never had recall, at that time, you could recall out off a fight even when flaged aggressive and it made sense not to have it on Siege. Also we only had good old land and Lost Land.

4. No shards had double resources and +1k luck, when Siege was born. Devs made the choice, that Siege should not have it. Other shards got it after Trammel was added.

5. Item Insurance was added to the game after Siege was born and Devs and Siege decided, we did not want it, not did we want Item Bless Deeds or CBD working on items with mods

6. Siege was born with no gating in and out of dungeons. No gating in and out of Lost Land came with faction I believe. A moongate near the 2 towns had been nice

7. Only one char on an account, Siege was born with that. It was not a big problem at the start, you had room for one or 2 craft/gathering skills on a PvP/PvM char. Now that's not the case and alot want have chars with different templaters, so at least one char more would be nice.

8. Red and grey can't kick/ban from houses. Not sure what happen to that rule, it was gone when we got customizing houses and changes to house secures.

9. Red and grey will clean the ban list in houses, they are friend of, when they use the door. That rules too was gone, when we got customizing houses and changes to house secures.

10. NPC vendors take 3X the price for their wares. We still have this rule but there is not really need for it now. A Tax kit cost 300k and gems are very expensive too. 2x resource spawn would help with the expensive gems.

11. NPC won't buy your wares. This rules are still here and should stay as it is good for our ecomony as it don't add alot gold to the game, when vendors won't buy.

12. Player vendors take 3X fee for working, that rule are gone now, Wilki? fixed that, but as UO have less players now, I think all can agree, vendor fee is still to high.

13. The murderer title, Siege was born without this annoying thing, I believe it is gone on all shards now.

14. Siege was born without the bounty system, it's long gone on all shards now.

15. Vendors wont train your skills. I think this one need to go too, as Mystic and Adv token works here now.

16. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain for non resourse using skills. RoT had changed alot since the start of Siege. Was gone for a while, when all shards got Power Hour gain.

Sometimes you need to review changes, just like we asked to get rid of blessing on 7th annu items and we asked devs to let Mystic and Adv tokens work on Siege. We have had alot of Devs over the years but to most Devs, we was an annoying step child, they did not understand.

*Hat of for the Devs and our Dark Ladywe have now* They seem to understand us alot better and do see, some stuff works much better on Siege. @Mesanna
None of these changes except 10 have anything to do with what we are talking about other than random changes being loosely related to asking for this change.

Still didn't increase the merit of double resources, but i admire the time you spent to type all that.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, yes Freja did in the prior post.
If so then yes, that's silly. As I have said on the siege forums 100 times the only thing that will improve the population a substantial amount is if the game as a whole gets a lot more players. A certain percentage will always prefer siege, and right now the overall game population is low, so siege is low.

Second, if that's how you started then you already knew what you were getting into.
Started siege? Is that what you mean? I started siege in 1999. It was absurdly different than it is now. Year after year unintentional (and one or two directly intentional) changes have distorted the shard, and you know, whatever, it is what it is. That said, the gameplay HAS dramatically changed, so the argument that adding in the fel bonuses is somehow "anti-siege" is in my mind lacking. Siege hasn't been "Siege" for like a decade, and such a change would really have little to no impact on the "spirit" of siege. Even more severe changes would have little impact. Real siege is gone. Those of us who still play would simply like a more functional experience. Obviously siege will get 0 exclusive dev time, so all we can hope for is things like this that seem pretty simple to accomplish.

To me, the single element that siege cannot lose is item loss and open pvp. That's about it. More characters, better access to gear/resources... This ship is in the slow process of sailing off into the sunset so, whatever.

Honestly as I said I don't care about this issue. I am for it, but the impact, while positive, would be extremely minimal, but the notion in general of us getting helpful changes like this, I am all for.

Plus they allowed "vacation homes" for siege players. Not the other way around.
I mean that is one way of looking at it. On the other hand, many were opposed to the free siege house idea, stating it wouldn't bring in many new players (it didn't as far as I can tell) and would probably end up just causing people to come in, plop down an empty plot, blocking a spot from active siegers (which it did. You can find the "places because I could- xxx of Atlantic" houses around), and never logging onto the shard again. I was against it, but also had that attitude I have expressed above: whatever. Can't wreck something already wrecked.

Anyway my point generally in mentioning it was that the concept was completely against the "siege aesthetic" and the impact was drastically more substantial than the potential addition of fel bonuses.

It is supposed to be the hard shard which is why the made the effort to separate it from production shards.
Maybe it was supposed to be, but now it's no longer hard and hasn't been for a long time, and no non siege players said anything about any of the changes that REALLY took apart that spirit. Doesn't matter anymore. Honestly, despite the intent of the designers I never saw it as the "hard" shard, myself. I just think full (or mostly full) item loss creates a MUCH richer MMO experience on pretty much all levels. That's neither here nor there really, but there it is.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If so then yes, that's silly. As I have said on the siege forums 100 times the only thing that will improve the population a substantial amount is if the game as a whole gets a lot more players. A certain percentage will always prefer siege, and right now the overall game population is low, so siege is low.

Started siege? Is that what you mean? I started siege in 1999. It was absurdly different than it is now. Year after year unintentional (and one or two directly intentional) changes have distorted the shard, and you know, whatever, it is what it is. That said, the gameplay HAS dramatically changed, so the argument that adding in the fel bonuses is somehow "anti-siege" is in my mind lacking. Siege hasn't been "Siege" for like a decade, and such a change would really have little to no impact on the "spirit" of siege. Even more severe changes would have little impact. Real siege is gone. Those of us who still play would simply like a more functional experience. Obviously siege will get 0 exclusive dev time, so all we can hope for is things like this that seem pretty simple to accomplish.

To me, the single element that siege cannot lose is item loss and open pvp. That's about it. More characters, better access to gear/resources... This ship is in the slow process of sailing off into the sunset so, whatever.

Honestly as I said I don't care about this issue. I am for it, but the impact, while positive, would be extremely minimal, but the notion in general of us getting helpful changes like this, I am all for.

I mean that is one way of looking at it. On the other hand, many were opposed to the free siege house idea, stating it wouldn't bring in many new players (it didn't as far as I can tell) and would probably end up just causing people to come in, plop down an empty plot, blocking a spot from active siegers (which it did. You can find the "places because I could- xxx of Atlantic" houses around), and never logging onto the shard again. I was against it, but also had that attitude I have expressed above: whatever. Can't wreck something already wrecked.

Anyway my point generally in mentioning it was that the concept was completely against the "siege aesthetic" and the impact was drastically more substantial than the potential addition of fel bonuses.

Maybe it was supposed to be, but now it's no longer hard and hasn't been for a long time, and no non siege players said anything about any of the changes that REALLY took apart that spirit. Doesn't matter anymore. Honestly, despite the intent of the designers I never saw it as the "hard" shard, myself. I just think full (or mostly full) item loss creates a MUCH richer MMO experience on pretty much all levels. That's neither here nor there really, but there it is.

I get what your point is but the thing is, double resources came with publish 16 or somewhere around that point which was back in 2002.

How did we live with resources as they were for 13 years and suddenly now it's a huge problem because some dude didn't get a few extra deamon claws?

It seems this is too little to late and then cite changes made after that as a reasoning for double resources.

So yeah in 2002 they were still aiming for it to be the hard shard.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what your point is but the thing is, double resources came with publish 16 or somewhere around that point which was back in 2002.

How did we live with resources as they were for 13 years and suddenly now it's a huge problem because some dude didn't get a few extra deamon claws?

It seems this is too little to late and then cite changes made after that as a reasoning for double resources.

So yeah in 2002 they were still aiming for it to be the hard shard.
To be fair, people have been asking for the fel bonuses on siege sicne they came out. I always thought it was weird we didn't get the bonuses myself.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To be fair, people have been asking for the fel bonuses on siege sicne they came out. I always thought it was weird we didn't get the bonuses myself.
Misread this originally, but they mention specifically in the patch notes siege would not get them, I assume going back to the hard thing since the shard was made for vets.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Misread this originally, but they mention specifically in the patch notes siege would not get them, I assume going back to the hard thing since the shard was made for vets.[/QUOTWhp
*Shrug* Seems arbitrary when they consistently are letting other things much more damaging happen, like cutting rot time 3/4, then removing daily limits, pinks, blues, soul stones, on and on. Anyway, I don't expect it to change after years of asking for it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Misread this originally, but they mention specifically in the patch notes siege would not get them, I assume going back to the hard thing since the shard was made for vets.
Not all former Devs did know what was good for the shard. Siege need the fel bonus much more than Fel do, as Fel have Item Insurance. It was added as a carrot to give the PK's in Fel victims, that sure show, this former devs did not understand Fel, PvP or Siege, If they think PvP is about killing weak miners and lumberjacks, then they are wrong.

On Siege we need the Fel bonus to make PvP fun again. In old days, where you just needed to find a new GM made suit, a weapon and some regs, pots and bandages, dying and get looted did not cost you 500k or more, you could get new gear for less than 20k, maybe even 5k

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not all former Devs did know what was good for the shard. Siege need the fel bonus much more than Fel do, as Fel have Item Insurance. It was added as a carrot to give the PK's in Fel victims, that sure show, this former devs did not understand Fel, PvP or Siege, If they think PvP is about killing weak miners and lumberjacks, then they are wrong.

On Siege we need the Fel bonus to make PvP fun again. In old days, where you just needed to find a new GM made suit, a weapon and some regs, pots and bandages, dying and get looted did not cost you 500k or more, you could get new gear for less than 20k, maybe even 5k
It seems you are contradicting yourself in the last sentence of the first paragraph and the first of the second.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure what you do mean. I'm not born with english

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for it, but let's get real. The bonus would have little to no effect on gearing. The base materials are by FAR the easiest to get, and don't really affect the prices, the imbuing materials on the other hand very much do. Dropping shop prices to regular would be a much more helpful change in the gearing respect. As for the +1000 luck... the value of that is pretty negligible if you ask me.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems you are contradicting yourself in the last sentence of the first paragraph and the first of the second.
I think she is trying to imply is that double resources/luck would help people gear easier, thus make pvp less of a pain in the ass, leading to more fun. Of course, it really would have a pretty low effect I think.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
+1000 luck would give better magic item drop, both to use and for unraw. Do the Fel bonus effect drop of gems from mining and on Fel monsters?
Dropping the 3x prices would help too.
What about treasure chests in Fel, do they get better loot?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally none of my Fel characters wear much more than a basic suit... sometimes I augment it with some nice piece I picked up while in a dungeon or something but for the most part they wear barebones basic suits with no artifacts. What would be the point?

If I get artifacts which I do from time to time... I often don't even use them. If I had a few spares I might but I'm not going to build an uber suit just to lose it next time I'm out... Seems silly to me. I play Siege because it is challenging and it is harder to get things.

I started a tamer there probably 6 years ago. I would work her on occasion when I was bored on my home shard. I spent months there working my character up ever so slowly living out of my bank box. I almost NEVER saw a soul there. If I did they usually ran away, which I found funny since my character basically only wore clothes.... had no skills and poor pets. I couldn't have killed someone unless they were a bigger newb than I was.

I still don't play there to PvP. That's never been my thing. I enjoy PvP to a point but I prefer it to have more meaning that killing someone because they are there. I find it a "good day" when I escape without dying. If I had skill points in running away and vanishing from a PK I think I'd have Legendary skill in it. I've only ever been PKed 2x on Siege... once in my own home... and then the guy followed me to PK me again after I got a rez in town... at which point I led him on a merry chase into the forest where I left him with the Nightmare and 2 reapers. The other time as I stood naked near a friends house. I still don't get that one. I don't typically give "murder" counts and I don't typically call guards... I just go about my business. Which is generally the RP life of my character... as they work towards the hunting and gathering needed to support their house.

And all the time I'm there I keep wondering if the shard is supposed to be Fel rules basically everywhere then why don't those rules apply everywhere to everything?

I honestly wouldn't want Siege to have item insurance or blessings... I think that is what makes the shard more exciting and rewarding.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can easy play Siege without good gear but if you want to PvP, you will need maxed out gear as PvP'ers don't run around in crap

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has always been a "difficult" shard. That said.....
Way back when the shard first opened the Dev of that time said this shard is for all who think the Prodo shards are too easy.

To answer the player who has not tried Siege.... come try it... we welcome fresh flesh, blood and bone.
As for the how of it if you make a crafter... you get your other account in there!

Now as for the resources...I had hoped we would at the very least get the wood, wool and ore.
As I craft the supplies do tend to run low very quickly.
About that axe.... have you tried to get one of the t hunters to do a few maps? or a fisher to do a few sos's??
Daemon Claws etc... i dont hunt.. too much time when i have little of it left at the end of my day....not to mention peace of mind to not get fustrated when the night is bad and i get jack for all that work.
Most of you have already figured out why we dont have players as we did in 2000.... fustration.
Fustration that the prodo shards get the goods and we... the pro's of uo get squat.
I cant blame the dev we have now... look you cant get blood from stones when the rest have squeezed them dry!
Too many of the newer players who came in after AoS were so use to instant gratification the older Dev teams fed them.
Along that line the thougth of Siege or play there was out of the question.
We entered the gimmie phase of uo...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dropping the 3x prices would help too.
THAT would be the change to make. Do that and you can keep the double resources and luck. Those 3x gems really make it pretty much impossible to sell throw away suits for a reasonable price.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time to move on, this was just "some dude"...who's "butthurt"....."whining" because Siege isn't easy enough for him, apparently.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for it, but let's get real. The bonus would have little to no effect on gearing. The base materials are by FAR the easiest to get, and don't really affect the prices, the imbuing materials on the other hand very much do.
Actually the 2x resources bit fel gets would indeed be helpful on Siege. Those of us who gather the resources to make things could spend the time saved by doubled resources going after the imbuing resources, which themselves, take a lot of time. There's only so many playtime hours each week to spend playing UO and many could be better used by our getting double resources.

Got three fire claws from nine fire daemons that one hunt, killed 5 more the following morning and got zip. If I could put half my Mining, Logging, and hide gathering time into killing more fire daemons, I'd have done in a heck of a lot more of them by now.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the 2x resources bit fel gets would indeed be helpful on Siege. Those of us who gather the resources to make things could spend the time saved by doubled resources going after the imbuing resources, which themselves, take a lot of time. There's only so many playtime hours each week to spend playing UO and many could be better used by our getting double resources.

Got three fire claws from nine fire daemons that one hunt, killed 5 more the following morning and got zip. If I could put half my Mining, Logging, and hide gathering time into killing more fire daemons, I'd have done in a heck of a lot more of them by now.
It would be helpful, like I said before, just not in the way Freja was suggesting. The real issue with gearing is the cost of imbuing stuff and, of course, the tedious process of making said suits. Getting metal and leather isn't nearly as time-consuming or expensive.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It would be helpful, like I said before, just not in the way Freja was suggesting. The real issue with gearing is the cost of imbuing stuff and, of course, the tedious process of making said suits. Getting metal and leather isn't nearly as time-consuming or expensive.
I guess I was wrong, I never play on Prodo shards, I thought also small gems was 2x on normal shards Felucca, both from mining and from monster loot/ treasure/SOS chests. If that's not the case, I can see 2x resources would not have a big effect other than for players doing BoDs :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I was wrong, I never play on Prodo shards, I thought also small gems was 2x on normal shards Felucca, both from mining and from monster loot/ treasure/SOS chests. If that's not the case, I can see 2x resources would not have a big effect other than for players doing BoDs :(
I don't think gems count, just leather/wood etc. I could be wrong.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok tested mining on TC felucca, you get 2 small gems at the times and 3 granit at the time. so it is not only ore, wood and leather you get more off.

I did not test, if we also get more gems from monster loot and treasure chests on TC fel.

So yes, Siege do need Fel bonus, the 2x gems will help us and 3x granit would be great too, even when it do not effect PvP much unless you are a Garg in stone armor.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok tested mining on TC felucca, you get 2 small gems at the times and 3 granit at the time. so it is not only ore, wood and leather you get more off.

I did not test, if we also get more gems from monster loot and treasure chests on TC fel.

So yes, Siege do need Fel bonus, the 2x gems will help us and 3x granit would be great too, even when it do not effect PvP much unless you are a Garg in stone armor.
I don't know about need, but it would be nice.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Meh, it's ya'lls shard. I just don't see why you all want to make characters there and brag about it, but then want to make it more like other shards. The only reason I don't even create a toon there is the character slot limitations and how most of you guys have multiple accounts to compensate. I only want one account so I'd instantly be at a disadvantage. Not to mention the ROT and starting there new is another disadvantage. Or the fact that I have about $200 in Soulstones on Atlantic.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Meh, it's ya'lls shard. I just don't see why you all want to make characters there and brag about it, but then want to make it more like other shards. The only reason I don't even create a toon there is the character slot limitations and how most of you guys have multiple accounts to compensate. I only want one account so I'd instantly be at a disadvantage. Not to mention the ROT and starting there new is another disadvantage. Or the fact that I have about $200 in Soulstones on Atlantic.
Actually I've found that starting new the ROT is actually somewhat of a benefit with some things. Take Taming for instance. Taming takes FOREVER to GM on a normal shard... but on Siege it was a breeze... Why? Because as long as I waited a few minutes I could tame something and get a gain... On a normal shard I could spend an hour or more taming and NEVER gain anything at all.

Same with crafting... Bushido, and most of all BEGGING. One of the most mind numbing horrible things to GM in the game... was a snap on Siege. And since you can use a Mythic token there they are even easier to GM or 120. Sure working the things that are 100% simple on other shards kinda stinks on Siege... Like making a Dexer or a Mage since you don't gain nearly as quickly or as often... but honestly it's not that bad.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, it's ya'lls shard. I just don't see why you all want to make characters there and brag about it, but then want to make it more like other shards.
Brag? No one plays siege to brag about it, we just think the game is more fun with this ruleset. I don't think any of the regulars play Siege because they think it's "harder" or eve think of it as the "hard" shard. Anyway, the important distinction is the item loss and open pvp. The rest is pretty incidental.

The only reason I don't even create a toon there is the character slot limitations and how most of you guys have multiple accounts to compensate. I only want one account so I'd instantly be at a disadvantage. Not to mention the ROT and starting there new is another disadvantage. Or the fact that I have about $200 in Soulstones on Atlantic.
It's not a competition, so I don't think it would matter. :D I usually only have 1 account open at a time, and it's not a big deal. I have some SS on my "main" account, but mainly just enough for 2 templates and 2-3 crafting skills. My separate accounts are fairly autonomous, I just cycle through which one I'd like to play and have the other 2 inactive. I'd say the only skill you sort of MUST have is imbuing, as relying on others for imbuing or on just monster loot for gear can be tiresome. That said one of my accounts does gear only through loot, and she's fine. I just know her limitations. It's fairly easy to get someone to make you up a mess of base items to imbue, though. That's how I did it for years.

I'd also add that RoT is amazing! It's SO much easier and cheaper to gain skills. I hate grinding skills, so having a guaranteed gain every x minutes is a vastly superior system to me. It really doesn't even that that long to max a skill, especially if you factor in pinks and blues.