• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Guard Spell Needs Looked Into?

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least on Chesapeake; and a "COM" top tier guard, the Mind Blast spell seems to be working by the Pre-AOS coding. It is consistantly hitting players with 70 cold for 65-80 damage per spell.

When I say "Old Coding" I mean, it attacks you for your highest stat minus your lowest stat and does some kind of damage like that.

Example 1; my mage has 140 str (The max) and Dex of 25 (The Lowest). Hence, a 115 point difference. I believe the old formula was 140-25 = 115. Then the total being divided by 2. Which would be 57.5. Now; maybe the addition 10-20 is coming from the mindblast spell now; or whatever else, but def shouldnt be that strong towards 70 cold.

Example 2; I switch chars to a tamer, and stick a greater dragon on one. Str is approx 600, dex 125. (Highest and Lowest). Mindblast was doing approx. 180-220 per hit on the greater dragon. His cold is 42.

You guys are welcomed to test out other guards (Im in Minax & the only other active guard using Faction is CoM) but thats the best I could test in my own prospectives.

At least look at the coding; or explain the ridiculous damage! Thanks! :thumbup1:

PS: Please; dont say "Oh doesnt happen to me". Only test it out; or give ideas as to why this happens. I would like this looked at; and not removed.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yep mind blast does niiiiiiiiice damage.
Get control of a town and place your own guards. We :heart: them.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep mind blast does niiiiiiiiice damage.
Get control of a town and place your own guards. We :heart: them.
So its not just me!!:gee:

Soo ya, the guard mindblast damage is insane!! And it does it like an npc/monster/pet also. 5 Screens away *71, 73* ooOO ooo ooOo!

But really; can we get this looked into?

@ Flutter; is it every guard, or is it just the high end tier guards? And is it EVERY TYPE of guard; or just CoM?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im in SL. Our SL guards (top ones on the list... forget the names right now its 4am) do a mindblast for around 30-40. Our other guards are more melee damage. But when you get 10 of each in a little area... yeah it's helpful ;)
I haven't seen anything near 70 yet but Im not saying its not possible.
I kinda like it how it is. It's pretty easy to kill the guards these days. (they used to be tough)
Usually we've got to replace them pretty often because a tamers pet can eat them in like two bites.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction guards were completely overlooked during the Age of Shadows expansion. They have 0 resistances and are unable to cure themselves properly anymore. I started a topic on this a while ago.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They down have spell channeling weapons either. Lol. So when they cast they drop there weapons and then re-equip.. I thought that was funny.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The guards show real skill. No spell chan and mage wep crap for them!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction guards were completely overlooked during the Age of Shadows expansion. They have 0 resistances and are unable to cure themselves properly anymore. I started a topic on this a while ago.
You started it and got no reply to all the things that need changed on them or wha? Maybe with them actually wanting to fix factions; we can get a group of things that obvisiously need changed together; and get a sticky or something put up for the DEVS to see whenever they decide to stroll on over and fix thing :thumbup1:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im in SL. Our SL guards (top ones on the list... forget the names right now its 4am) do a mindblast for around 30-40. Our other guards are more melee damage. But when you get 10 of each in a little area... yeah it's helpful ;)
I haven't seen anything near 70 yet but Im not saying its not possible.
I kinda like it how it is. It's pretty easy to kill the guards these days. (they used to be tough)
Usually we've got to replace them pretty often because a tamers pet can eat them in like two bites.
What are your stats? Like Highest/Lowest? IDK if you played PRE-AOS; but mind blast was disgusting in terms of damage to someone who had unbalanced stats. You easily took more damage to a MB than a flamestrike if you had your stats as 100/25/100 or 100/100/25. So thats why I am suggesting maybe its an old school coding issue.

Anyone else any ideas?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Can't answer your question they are SL guards and I am in SL. No other faction on Catskills has taken a city and placed guards in a long long time.

G

Gilthas0130

yep the guard are unpowered by alot.

one thief and dart with dp can kill 40 in no time flat.

i did all the time...

the need resistance and fc. and a rework of the guard skills.

and yes this has been post muti time during the yrs ,i playied uo faction since 99.

Retired Thief Saddin
Sl faction baja
M&D

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Catskills True Brits have taken a lot of cities in the past month or so, and placed guards in Brit. I haven't taken note of the damage dealt by the guards yet, but I have some members reporting fairly high numbers, which seems odd against someone with a 70s suit.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you can still do it, but just one well-placed gas trap would eventually slaughter most enemy guards placed over the ramp leading into the TB base. If they weren't hemmed in, you might have had to place another one or two and distract the guards into running over them.

I've always enjoyed playing "chase me" with the guards and picking 'em off a few at a time with an archer or getting the ones placed around a sigil distracted enough to let the thief do his job. It's always fun seeing just how far you can get them to run before they realize they're neglecting their duties.

G

Gilthas0130

This is how easy it was to grab a sigs guarded by guards....

stealth to sigs post. steal jump into wolf form ...gone before the guard had time to lock..
chalk another sig up for Saddin. haha noobs.
works everytime. :)

Retired Thief
sl faction baja
M&D