• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My computer keeps rebooting...

• Thread starter Outcasted
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Outcasted

... everytime I click play on the launchpad. And just before it reboots, a blue screen with all kinds of info pops up for a sec and then my pc reboots. Is there a way to fix this? I allowed everything that's SWG to go through my firewall, but I guess that didn't fix it. Can ya'll help?

B

BadgerSmaker

This is what is know as a "Blue Screen of Death".

It usually happens when you have some hardware fault with your PC, in my experience, usually with memory.

If you can, take a photo or note of the text that appears with the blue screen and post it here, I should be able to figure out what kind of problem you have from that.

O

Outcasted

I couldn't get a picture, my camera would not get the words clear enough. I copied this off of wikipedia, but still not sure if it came out either. Basically, it says software is not capadable with this new instalation and that I should turn of the "shadowing" of my BIOS. I hope this image comes out right. Also, I remeber it saying at the top "NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO"

B

BadgerSmaker

Was it:

"Stop 0x0000000A Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal"

?

aoaoo0

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
original WinXP CD
1. Start recovery console as described above
2. Insert the WinXP CD
3. At the command prompt, type CD system32, press ENTER
4. Type ren kernel32.dll kernel32.old, press ENTER
5. Type map, press ENTER
6. Go to the drive that contains your CD
7. Type expand drive\i386\kernel32.dl_, press ENTER; Kernel32.dll should be listed as 1 file expanded
8. Type exit, the computer restarts
9. Remove the WinXP CD