• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about sigils

B

Bodhi

I just joined factions this week. I have question regarding sigils.

- if u steal a sigil from a stronghold or sigil stone, u have 30 mins to bring it to your stronghold
- if a sigil is stolen from your stronghold which is under the corruption process, you have 15 mins to return it to the stronghold so it doesnt reset the corruption process

=> so if i understand correctly, if a thief steals a sigil in our base he has 30 mins to bring it to his base, and i only have 15 mins to return it as soon as its been stolen (so the corruption timer doesnt reset). So basically they can just wait out the 15 mins timer in the middle of nowhere before they return it to there base making it impossible for me to retrieve it without having to go trough the entire corruption process again? If what i just said is right, do u think this is a good system, or should the retrieval timer be longer? Or do i misunderstand this concept?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just joined factions this week. I have question regarding sigils.

- if u steal a sigil from a stronghold or sigil stone, u have 30 mins to bring it to your stronghold
- if a sigil is stolen from your stronghold which is under the corruption process, you have 15 mins to return it to the stronghold so it doesnt reset the corruption process

=> so if i understand correctly, if a thief steals a sigil in our base he has 30 mins to bring it to his base, and i only have 15 mins to return it as soon as its been stolen (so the corruption timer doesnt reset). So basically they can just wait out the 15 mins timer in the middle of nowhere before they return it to there base making it impossible for me to retrieve it without having to go trough the entire corruption process again? If what i just said is right, do u think this is a good system, or should the retrieval timer be longer? Or do i misunderstand this concept?
You understand it. It works just fine. I don't think this should be changed. You shouldn't be so mad after losing the sigs. You only have to hold them for what? 4 hours? thats not long at all.. Steal them at night when no one is on and leave them in your base over night.

B

Bodhi

Thx Cardell for the advice. I have another question thou.

Yesterday we stole all the sigils and brought them back to the towns, thinking we would own the cities for 3 days... Today i logged in and saw that 6 of the 8 town are now back in hands of shadowlords... How did this happen?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx Cardell for the advice. I have another question thou.

Yesterday we stole all the sigils and brought them back to the towns, thinking we would own the cities for 3 days... Today i logged in and saw that 6 of the 8 town are now back in hands of shadowlords... How did this happen?
It used to be you had the towns for 3 days, now you only have them for 6 hours.

It's a real pain in the butt.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah.. Basically you spend 6 hours of your time guarding sigs so when you wake up the next morning, that pesky thief who doesnt work in the morning gets on at server up, puts the sigs in his base, and by the time anyone else even gets on they own the towns.

There is no point in guarding, just wait until someone corrupts them at night, get up early the next morning, and do the same thing to them. Then you get your hard earned 80 points too that you can transfer to another one of your characters that you will never use...

The funny thing is people tried to warn the devs about these problems. lol.

B

Bodhi

Yeah well they stole all the faction towns back meantime, im not even going to bother again... I just dont have that much time as some people seem to have...

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then you get your hard earned 80 points too that you can transfer to another one of your characters that you will never use...
Who's doing this, and where can I steal their bandies?

*redistributed his thiefy points to the OJ masses within 24 hours*

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sue me, but I like the timer changes.

If we are going to have more people remain playing factions this allows for multiple attempts to corrupt towns for your side on a daily basis. Which should mean everyone who wants to do factions can have something t odo when they are able to play.

Will it hold up long term? I dunno. that largely depends on what happens with faction equipables and any other incentives down the road. At the moment it is allowing for a leveling of the playing field, I think, within each faction. Or, on each shard.

If there are going to be long term rewards for guilds and players that hold massive amounts of faction points then we will have some problems to address. But right now it looks like the most active people in factions are working hard to make sure that their characters remain in teir 9 or 10 within their faction.

IMO we will need to see real rewards/reasons for controlling towns, and holding faction offices to hold everyones attention for the long haul.

I'm eager to hear what you all think about that.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
by the by

are any of you all seeing wierdness in the town status reporting system since the publish fixes went in?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Factions have dropped in activity, in my opinion. Instead of having 40 people all on at the same time fighting, we have 3-4 people on at a time, spread throughout the day. The trammelites that are in CoM and TB are refusing to fight, so that they can get their near little pixel crack in the invasion.

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions have dropped in activity, in my opinion. Instead of having 40 people all on at the same time fighting, we have 3-4 people on at a time, spread throughout the day. The trammelites that are in CoM and TB are refusing to fight, so that they can get their near little pixel crack in the invasion.
Thats when you switch sides and make them come out and fight.

S

Saleena

I think the problem with seeing less people on at a time is due to some of the lag that is going on with Ultima right now. Some people aren't lagging at all and others like myself can log on a hardly move. I havent been able to log on and actually play facions since about a week ago. The most I can do is log on and sit at a bank or in my house:( Some people I have talked to havent had any lag problems at all and others have had lots of lag. So maybe once all this stuff gets done and over with it will be better and we will see more numbers on again.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with Nonel. Fighting is speratic and spread out through-out the day. The increase of points means jack,, especially with the thief points and the x2 or 3 point scoring from killing opposing factions in towns. To be completely honest, i would have rather the devs just fixed the bugs that we had been asking for.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sue me, but I like the timer changes.

If we are going to have more people remain playing factions this allows for multiple attempts to corrupt towns for your side on a daily basis. Which should mean everyone who wants to do factions can have something t odo when they are able to play.

Will it hold up long term? I dunno. that largely depends on what happens with faction equipables and any other incentives down the road. At the moment it is allowing for a leveling of the playing field, I think, within each faction. Or, on each shard.

If there are going to be long term rewards for guilds and players that hold massive amounts of faction points then we will have some problems to address. But right now it looks like the most active people in factions are working hard to make sure that their characters remain in teir 9 or 10 within their faction.

IMO we will need to see real rewards/reasons for controlling towns, and holding faction offices to hold everyones attention for the long haul.

I'm eager to hear what you all think about that.
My argument would be that instead of having lot of little fights a few times a day, i'd rather log on every 3 days and see a massive fight for the towns... of course that is if they fix the speed hacking and running across bagball fields...