• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "We lub Petra" Babble Thread! BABBLE THREAD [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ultima online

i spy plot hole in the universe one, if they got onto the ship through the stargate surely the one on the ship can dial back out too, or if and when they pass a planet with a functioning stargate they could dial out there.

also if it is an unmanned spaceship, how would the team survive on it? i mean its an unmanned ship therefore its not really built to carry passenger no?

K

Kiminality

As far as I can tell, they're aiming for the Voyager style setting.
My guesses would be that either:
1.) The ship has an "incoming only" stargate.
2.) The ship is sat on a planet with a stargate.
3.) The ship is in another galaxy, and the ship can't generate enough power to dial Earth.

As for unmanned, I think they mean it in the same sense Atlantis was unmanned/unoccupied.
It's designed to be crewed, but it was abandoned, or the crew died, or something,

Worst part of it is that it won't be having special appearances of cast from other series :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
g'morning.

On a day when I have to quit early to go into town shopping Windows decides to install service pack 3 :(

Ethan's 6 tomorrow, gotta go get his pressie.

U

ultima online

As far as I can tell, they're aiming for the Voyager style setting.
My guesses would be that either:
1.) The ship has an "incoming only" stargate.
2.) The ship is sat on a planet with a stargate.
3.) The ship is in another galaxy, and the ship can't generate enough power to dial Earth.

As for unmanned, I think they mean it in the same sense Atlantis was unmanned/unoccupied.
It's designed to be crewed, but it was abandoned, or the crew died, or something,

Worst part of it is that it won't be having special appearances of cast from other series :(

mainly this paragraph that goes against it all

Stargate Universe is set on board a massive Ancient ship called the Destiny, millions of years older than even the city of Atlantis (story). The Ancients launched the automated ship millions of years ago to seed Stargates throughout many galaxies, with a second ship planned to follow it up and explore those planets. But they got busy with ascension, and never followed through on the plan.

it states that its an automated ship, therefore no need for a crew or anything to do with such, and then there is this paragraph,

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.
surely if they pass by another stargate they can dial out from that and get back home? or if they cant get back home they can dial the ships code and get on there again thus not being left behind?

but then i suppose that for the writers to figure out..

ive only ever watched some of the SG-1 episodes when they where on channel 4 so im not much of an expert in such things stargateish :)

K

Kiminality

To be honest, I skimmed through until I reached the point where it sounded like Voyager, and tuned out.
I'll watch it when it comes out.

Seeding interest in the Stargate Worlds MMO is a stronger point of mine ;)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooo.......Stargate Voyager eh?

Mark Harmon for Colonel !!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got instructions on maximum thread length. We're passed it, New thread coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.