• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA is trying to scam me...Parizad, help please? *UPDATE*

• Thread starter TSO_Christopher
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

TSO_Christopher

Before the sunset of EA-Land was announced, I foolishly prepaid for 9 months of gameplay by purchasing 3 gametime codes, each for 3 months, for 29.99 each (I know..i'm a tard..but I thought the game was going somewhere, and and and I wanted to stay here :D). I'm owed a $90.00 refund from EA. Unfortunately, the two credit cards I used to purchase the three codes have both been discontinued since, as one was stolen and the other was a prepaid card that I have since closed.

I had announced this in my inquiry to EA regarding my refund.

After stalling me for a month, I asked again about the status of my refund. They told me that they had actually applied the refund to the two separate credit cards, after knowing both have been closed, and they are unable to refund a second time. They suggested I call the credit card companies, to have the refunds reissued to a source where I can actually GET the refund.

I actually went ahead and called both companies, who unsurprisingly told me that they cannot accept a credit applied to a closed card. The operator I spoke to both times must have had a huge "WTF?" expression as I asked for my refund.

I think this is just a way to brush me off, as it is a rather large refund. Yet, it is still owed to me, as it is gameplay I will be unable to use as the game draws to an end.

Parizad, or any other dev, help please? I'd be more than happy to post to this thread regarding any attempts made on behalf of EA to satisfy their customer, and not STEAL their money. Let's see how this goes...

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would write a letter including a copy of the bill shoing it closed and if possible have the card companies put in writing that credits are not accepted on closed accounts. (Yes we all know that but its proff to your case). Mail this information to them and retain copies for your records. In your letter request a refund by check and of course include your address, phone and login (not your password). I have found over the years that a well written letter including proof of your case will get results most of the time.

Good luck.

Oh thats if Pari cant help of course. :)

T

TSO_Christopher

I'd just like to update this thread in all fairness and say that Parizad is truly a great asset to EA! She went out of her way to assist me with this by even talking to me on the phone, and though I wasn't able to get the exact outcome I was hoping for, she truly did go out of her way to please a customer. Parizad is amazing! Thanks so much.

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

I'd just like to update this thread in all fairness and say that Parizad is truly a great asset to EA! She went out of her way to assist me with this by even talking to me on the phone, and though I wasn't able to get the exact outcome I was hoping for, she truly did go out of her way to please a customer. Parizad is amazing! Thanks so much.

You made this all up just so you could talk to her. Admit it.

Yeah, hiring her was one of the few things EA did right. :thumbup1: We'll just have to wait until she climbs the corporate ladder and fires Nancy Smith's ass. :next: