• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HI!!!!!!! Everyone

• Thread starter Claudia MacCloud
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Claudia MacCloud

Wow its been so long since I logged into stratics!!!!!!! I've been ohhh soooo busy workin... My gf told me to check TirNua 's site, :~( I can't get get the site via mobile. But I finally figured how to get Stratic's via mobile.... lol Kudos for me... Anyone want to fill me in on TirNua ???? When, where, how!!!!! Hope everyone is well!!! Will check back soon (lol may not let the site fade off my cell now that I have it!!!! )

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya Claudia!! First of all your now allowed to work on Thursday so you can come to sunset parties in TSO. :)

Lets see what can I tell you about Tirnua. They seem to be moving along rather quickly. I saw in another post that you couldnt get in the community center, but I havent had any problems, try again. :)

From what I've been able to gather so far, Tirnua will be an environmental game. Seeds will be important for growing trees and other plants and some will be rare or unusual. Content will be user created and they expect everyone to be able to use in game tools to create and about 5% to use external tools. I'm sure theres more but I'm caffeine deprived so far today. :p

Here's the latest blog post that tells what everyone is working on:

Just wanted to keep you in the loop on some of the things we are working on:

We wanted to publish ‘new account creation’ last week but someone (me) forgot to order the SSL certificate that the web site needs, so Sarah will publish it this week. Along with it, I hope we will publish an updated look to the web site. When that key feature is out there, Sarah will be able to work and launch the persona book and then add the initial set of features to it.

Cort is working on enabling multiple rooms in Tirnua, because we need to be able to move from one to another, and we need everyone to have their own place. He is also working on moving our development environment from Flash to Flex which will make us more productive.

Larry is working on making the full body avatar work in the rooms, one red dress is funny but boring. I expect that might take a couple of months, but Larry thinks it will happen faster, he has a few tricks up his sleeves.

Laurent is working on the web services that we are all using to work on our features. As soon as account creation is published, some of those web services will start to be available to world, and they will enable web masters to start building more meaningful web sites about Tirnua.

Margaret is working on all the art requirements we have, between the web sites, the rooms, the persona etc. We also decided to start working on the map of Tirnua, and our preference would be that users help us draw that map. I believe Margaret will publish a blog this week with some art direction regarding the map, but feel free to start submitting ideas on the wiki right now.

Lee is establishing our publishing system, so we can start to do it less manually and with better testing. This was a well establish system in our previous job, but we have to rebuild something similar for Tirnua.

Audrey is licensing content from many 3D art houses. She has already acquired tens of thousands of items for us to use in Tirnua. It is very exciting.

Greg is architecting, organizing and planning the next few months, so that all those pieces are delivered in a meaningful and productive manner.

As mentioned in previous post, for my part, I am working on a face creation/selection tool for you. Here is an example I worked on yesterday: (You are lukcy that I can choose to show you the good looking one, and hide the disasters…)

Please start thinking about the map of our world. There are many free tools out there to work on that subject, and it would be nice if someone would start organizing all of this on the wiki. Would you rather think of it as its own planet or as a extra continent on earth?

Thank you in advance,

Luc

Prolly somoene else will have more details to share with you. :)

C

Claudia MacCloud

Hi Nikki!!! thank you for giving me an insite on TirNua :) Many Kudos for you:)

:pint::pint: heres some coffee for ya Nikki, while you read my post today :)
while im added heres some :pancakes::pancakes: and a little of :violin: Hopefully your day will be bit better :)

I can work Thursday, this Thursday? lol think I am working 6am-9pm, a long day for me ..... When is the party? Im off Sat lol but probably to late huh? Is there a party for the last day of TSO ? Aug 1 is the last day still right?

I sure hope I can make it into TSO one last time before closing, Im sure gonna miss TSO, lots of fond memories though that I will take w/ me ....

well if im not :sleep2::sleep2::sleep2::sleep2::sleep2: Thursday after work, I'll try and make it into game... Is thursday the last day or Friday?

man Im so lost these days :sleep2::sleep2::sleep2:

they gonna have to drag me out on one of these soon , :stretcher:

:please: try and wait for me!!!!!!!!!! so i can say bye to all

LOL dont mind my post, had to check out the new smilies :)

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:lol: Claudia ty.

The last day is Thursday, TSO offically closes at maint on Aug 1st so thats 4am PST. See Pari's party plan here: http://ea-land.ea.com/blog/?p=1236
Where: Community Pub (Test Center 3) and EA Town Hall (EA-Land)
When: Thursday, July 31st, 11 p.m - 4 a.m. PDT

So yes you need to stay up Thursday allllll night! :lol:

C

Claudia MacCloud

Grrrrrr I missed it :( the very last day of TSO I cant believe it , I just hate my job sometimes :( I cant do what i wanna do at times (like missing the last day) Im sorry I didnt get to say bye to many of my TSO friends :(

..............I'll stop here much saddness in missing the last day :(

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww *hugs*. In the TSO forum theres a bunch of screenies some of us took and how we spent our day. Also we'll be adding them to Flickr.

We will meet again in other worlds, so sorry tho hon.

M

Molliy

IS there really going to be a home for us past TSO'ers?? I was Molliy and Mmonet. Long time players from back in 2003. I just found this site and it took forever to log on. I don't know if I can do it again but I'll try.

I'm interested in taking a look at this new place. It is so nice to see familar names.Gosh it's been a whole week since EA land ended. I'm not as lost as I thought I'd be, but it would be great to have a new place to live.
Marianna

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes its really happening. :) Keep an eye here and the website for the latest news. They are moving quickly but it will still take awhile to get there. Its exciting to be a part of it. See you there!

T

TSOTori

Yes its really happening. :) Keep an eye here and the website for the latest news. They are moving quickly but it will still take awhile to get there. Its exciting to be a part of it. See you there!
:bored: 11 days and waiting for the next update :sad4: waiting.... waiting some more.... :sad4:

T

TSOTori

Yay we have an update :D

Last week’s minor updates
August 14th, 2008 by Sarah
Apologies for the lack of release notes last week - your many registrations helped us to test out and improve a lot of things in the background. We added more useful logging, did some optimization work on our ever growing webservices. Thanks to your feedback we made some basic improvements from correcting spelling mistakes (mea culpa) to ensuring that your default persona description actually showed up when you first logged in.

Finally, apologies to all those IE6 users that had trouble with our secure webpages initially. IE6 uses SSL2 but we were using SSL3 and tested with the lastest versions of the common browsers only. Laurent modified things so that IE6 users should not have trouble now. Thanks for all the feedback.

Later today we will make a modest push that will allow you to browse the descriptions of all the personas created so far. More on that to follow...

----------------
Thanks to Sarah ^_^