• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello LOTRO

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi im lucy, i have played ultima online for nearly 9 years but now realise what scheisters ea/mythic are. downloading lotro so see you soon and be gentle with me

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Lucy,

LOTRO is a great game, lots of fun. Enjoy! :)

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh the frustration of it all. downloaded the free download and created all the accts and got the key etc. then it says my username and password are incorrect so i go to retrieve password etc and get the email leading me to the screen to copy and paste the link into the browser then click here to change password and we go back to entering in the details to then get an e-mail taking u back to the start of the same progress! one big circle. is there maybe a human on a phone i can talk to?

T

Tabbitha

Hi lucy!

Cant help you there but welcome to Lotro and I hope you will like it alot.
Comparing it to UO is next to impossible but you'll find helpful ex uoers on snowbourne where i play along with a bunch of other ex uoers (garod, alynora , twothumb gnome, callumf etc...) or on laurelin where al ot of ex uo rpers are hanging out.

Feel free to ask questions about the game if you wanna know something.. i might not know everything but ive played it a bit so know a little bit of this and that.

:thumbsup:

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh the frustration of it all. downloaded the free download and created all the accts and got the key etc. then it says my username and password are incorrect so i go to retrieve password etc and get the email leading me to the screen to copy and paste the link into the browser then click here to change password and we go back to entering in the details to then get an e-mail taking u back to the start of the same progress! one big circle. is there maybe a human on a phone i can talk to?
Howdy,

Travel here: http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=15&ao=t

Then scroll down to the section labeled "The Lord of the Rings Online™ Account Management Contact Options" - you can either call them or chat online directly.
Call our Account Management team
Speak live with one of our Account Management Representatives via telephone from 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET Monday - Friday by dialing: 781-407-4020.
I know the first time I started, I got my two passwords confused a lot. Your forum (Turbine's Forum) username and password is different (unless you made them the same when setting up) than your game login username (which is also your account manager username/password) and password.

Welcome to LotRO! I am sure as soon as you're able to overcome this hurdle with your password, you will fall deeply in love with Middle-Earth, if you haven't already from other sources. If you have, your love will be reaffirmed.

Travel safely and please do not hesitate to come and ask any questions you may have!

*Orvago bows*

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can get in now but it simply freezes up my comp completely. comp is well over the required stats. anyone else get this?

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can get in now but it simply freezes up my comp completely. comp is well over the required stats. anyone else get this?
When you first sign into the character selection screen, you are able to enter the Options screen. Hoping you're at least able to get to that screen, click the Options Button on the bottom of the screen.

Have the game auto-detect your settings. Then try it out. If it still is not running smoothly, go back into options and disable or set to the lowest setting on all the options in the Advanced settings Tab.

Make sure you click Accept to keep the changes made.

Most often, Anti-Aliasing is to blame for most graphics lag. Lower this down or shut it off for better performance at the cost of graphics quality.

Also, set the game to Sync To Refresh Rate, this will keep the display frequency the same as you have set for your desktop. It's also best to try and use the same resolution you have for your desktop. Then work your way down to each resolution your monitor can display to see if a lower setting helps performance.

Make sure also you have the latest DirectX updates, go here (June 2008) and run the DirectX Installer, it will look for any missing updates and download and install them for you.

Then go to your graphics card's web site and download the latest drivers for your graphics card. If you have an on-board (attached to your motherboard) card, you may need to look for an On-Board Specific Driver.

It would also be wise to make sure you have all the latest windows updates too.

Try all this out to try and rule out any problems with your system's hardware and software.

You may also want to list your system specs here so any guru's might be able to take a look or spot something.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
enjoying it but i keep getting total computer lock ups. any idea why?
They can be caused by a wide verity of things. Would be best if you could post your computer's specs, things like your Operating System (windows xp, mce, etc), RAM amount/type, Video Card brand/model/memory, Processor Type/Speed, Sound Card Type/Model. These are some of the main things that needs to be kept up to date and could cause incompatibility crashes/instability if not updated.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the exact same problem i had. I know i wasnt putting in the wrong passowrd or username. So i decided to go out and buy the actual box. I havnt installed it yet as im soon to be buying a new comp and dont think my poor laptop will cope with UO and LOTR.

Contacting them just isnt an option for me living in Auz. I realy hope that once ive installed via the box etc i wont have the same issues logging in. If i do im not sure what im going to do.

Valfelan

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Lord of the Rings Lucy,

I had a a problem not unlike yours when i first starting playing LotRo, turned out to be i needed more ram and or start with the lowest set of graphics options, experiment and go up a little at a time, more ram made it much better. before the game went live it was like walking through a tar pit in snow shoes trying to get through Bree with all the lag. I've upgraded some since then and absolutely love the game, i played UO for many years but as it "ahem" grew? they nerfed all that was enjoyable to me. by the time KR was release i had enough and got an invite to beta LotRo. so i'll stay here until the ring is destroyed or Sauron eats my face :p

T

titoisme

Hey Lucy,

I'm absolutely sure that you'll love LOTRO. The storyline is epic and there's something for everyone and with at least another 7 or so years of expansions ahead, it'll only get better.

I :bowdown: to Turbine!

B

Blue Fin

Hiya Lucy,
Remember me, another UO refugee lol
LOTRO is great, I play on Snowbourn, am in a nice friendly kin (guild).
I'm sure you will enjoy the game, when you get started.
You know that there are 2 versions of the game, the European (codemasters) and the US (Turbiine)?
If u are in Europe and have downloaded the US game there could be some lag from playing on the US servers.
Try checking the officail tech support forum for help