• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stats!

• Thread starter Renee TSO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Renee TSO

Now that the game is closed i wonder if we could get some stats on the game like most used action or popular object...stuff like that. I am dying to know the how much it cost to make the game and if they ever seen a profit but i doubt EA would let information like that go.

Heres a list of what i would love to know...
what was the most popular head used?
most popular action(i bet it was dip kiss)
what was the most money one sim had when they wiped the money
how many simoleans was wiped
how many people were there at peak subscription
what was the lowest
most popular object
how much was spent on pet pulls total
how many rare pets in game total
how many subscriptions were from outside the US

I cant think of any more but you can see where im going with this. I know i read an artical how TSO was a 25 million dollar flop however im sure this is just what EA claims.

B

boggslane

Now that the game is over, I'd like to know what the blasted exploit was (or am I the only one who never knew?).

Oh yeah, go ahead and ban me now, heh.

G

Gilly

Now that the game is closed i wonder if we could get some stats on the game like most used action or popular object...stuff like that. I am dying to know the how much it cost to make the game and if they ever seen a profit but i doubt EA would let information like that go.

Heres a list of what i would love to know...
what was the most popular head used?
most popular action(i bet it was dip kiss)
what was the most money one sim had when they wiped the money
how many simoleans was wiped
how many people were there at peak subscription
what was the lowest
most popular object
how much was spent on pet pulls total
how many rare pets in game total
how many subscriptions were from outside the US

I cant think of any more but you can see where im going with this. I know i read an artical how TSO was a 25 million dollar flop however im sure this is just what EA claims.
About the only one that can answer most of these is Parizad....if she still has access to TSO info files. :blushing:

But a couple I can guess at the answers. :D

I would bet that the long blonde hair one was the most popular head...based on how many of them we would see on a lot, at any one time.;)

They will not be able to answer the rare pet question, because Parizad has said many times, that the game mechanics and logs, did not distinguish between rare and regular pets.

That is why they could not give us all robocats and pink poodles for the last days, why they were not included in the EA store, or on the list of Amnesty items and why they could never replace them when they poofed from game glitches. It is also why we will never have a figure on how many there were in the game, over the years.

Good luck with the rest of the questions, though. :thumbsup:

R

Renee TSO

lol canihaveyourstuff thanks for that post! Gilly thanks for the information...i forgot about the rares thing but i figured SOMEONE knew the odds. I remeber a post a few years ago that only the designer/dev of that program really knew how it worked and the odds.

I only think the long haired blonde was only popular towards the end. When i came back to the game 3 years or so ago i remeber tons of the long red heads. The last year or more it was the long blondes that were every where. Then again you have to figure in sim move and what city you were playing in. UGGH! i need stats! *giggles*

Im sure ill never get answers to these questions. By now,im sure, all of the files have been shut,sealed, and stored. Probley Parizad has already started her new job with ea too or is franticly faxing out her resume.

By the way(kind of off topic) where is she now. Do we know if shes still with EA? Do we need to send care packages? *snickers* Is she back at warhammer? Wow im full of questions. Hey?

Thanks again for the jokes/laughs and guesses to my questions ; )

G

Gilly

By the way(kind of off topic) where is she now. Do we know if shes still with EA? Do we need to send care packages? *snickers* Is she back at warhammer? Wow im full of questions. Hey?
At the goodbye party, Parizad said that she is still working for EA Games and the Sims franchise. She will now be involved in organizing and running Sims live publicity events. She sounded excited by the job. :)

Before she started that phase of her career at EA, she was going to take some time off.

Being, that it was a noisy party and all, I did not get more specific dates and job details, sorry...... :blushing:

J

Joel Robert

I'd feel safe to say the most popular action was, "Serenade."
If not #1, it was in the top 5, but I can't think of anything else that would be done as often, and several times in a row.

You couldn't host at a money or skill lot and not hear the constant requests (demands...whines...etc...) for serenades.

R

Renee TSO

Thanks gilly! That was more then enough information for me and yay i asked a question that could be answered. *smiles* I couldnt make in to town hall and i thought there would be something posted here on what she was going to do next.

Joel i bet your right! I was thinking about that when i was doing house work. You couldnt even move into most houses unless you had 8 in creativity. Plus the average sim needed at lease 4 to 8 of them in a row to be full. I also bet that propose is in the top 5 too.

C

chaat

Now that the game is over, I'd like to know what the blasted exploit was (or am I the only one who never knew?).

Oh yeah, go ahead and ban me now, heh.
You are not alone.
I'd really like to know what it was too.

P

Polly

I don't see any reason why it can't be discussed now the game has closed down.

If there is some strange reason that I haven't thought of then we'll just remove any posts with too much detail and you can all blame me ! In other words, no you won't get into trouble for posting the details.

Polly

M

Monkeybear

Ok I'll post what I told Renee in PM :)

Let's say you have a large fountain with a sell back cost of 45k (we are talking old currency)

You would click the large fountain then turn off your modem to temporarily freeze your game then click "put in inventory" first then right after you would click "sell back" Then turn your modem on, you would have the 45k sell back money in your account but the fountain would also be in your inventory so you didn't loose it.

Players used accessorie racks and filled them up with cash (buying halos at 100k) so the racks value would rise in the millions, then they would get millions in a few seconds.

S

Spaghetti Legs

Wow. I wonder if the person who discovered that was trying to find an exploit or if their modem just failed at the right moment once. *ponders*

The only exploit I ever knew how to do was in probably mid-2003 (?). It was the "easel exploit" where, say, you were home alone with no creative skill. You would finish a painting, then put it in your inventory then take it back out. After you took it out it would sell for the highest possible amount (as if there were 11 (?) others painting at the same time and your skill was maxed). As I recall, they got it fixed pretty quickly. And yes, I did a few of them, but it was before I upgraded my computer memory so it was slow going and too much trouble for me to bother with.

Ahhh...confession is good for the soul. :blushing:

M

Monkeybear

I wonder what the exploit was in DC that caused it to be wiped.

K

Katheryne

Wow. I wonder if the person who discovered that was trying to find an exploit or if their modem just failed at the right moment once. *ponders*
Things that make you go "hmmmmmm..."

The only exploit I was ever aware of was one dealing with the pizza tables in early 2003. I don't remember exactly how it went anymore, but I seem to recall that, if you knew a large supreme was in the making, you'd get one of the players to leave the table. The remaining players would put their ingredients in, and one of you would go to the vacated spot and put in the ingredients for that spot. The resulting pizza was worth several thousand simoleans. You'd all take turns being the "one person out".

P

Polly

The only one I remember was the wonderful pinata bug during beta testing. Once you got to a certain point of bashing, just before it was about to break, you had to stop bashing, can't remember exactly what you had to do once you'd stopped bashing but the pinata gave max payout - as if you had 10.99 in body.

It was always funny watching people with no body points madly bashing away.

Polly

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trish would probably remember the DC thing, seems like it had something to do with pets...but my memory isnt what it used to be, well maybe it never was. :p

M

Monkeybear

Oh I remember another thing.

In DC you could create pet paintings and then sell them back to Maxis for more than you paid earning you cash since it was a hardcore city and the prices were muddled

B

boggslane

Well thank you MonkeyBear! That exploit and who killed JonBenet Ramsey has kept me awake at night for years.

And now I know (doh, natural blonde here) why they removed all our money objects when the cities merged - I knew many sims who were jamming like crazy and stuffing their inventories with completed tables.

PS and off topic - my sim-mate and I got engaged, in real life, on Thursday. Met in the game, been living in sin together for four years. With TSO now gone it seemed the respectable thing to do.:coco:

S

Spaghetti Legs

PS and off topic - my sim-mate and I got engaged, in real life, on Thursday. Met in the game, been living in sin together for four years. With TSO now gone it seemed the respectable thing to do.:coco:
Wow! That's very cool. Congratulations! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! Congratz to you both. :)

Thanks Monkey...pets...pet paintings...my memory isnt so far off after all I guess. ;)

P

Palin

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm..."

The only exploit I was ever aware of was one dealing with the pizza tables in early 2003. I don't remember exactly how it went anymore, but I seem to recall that, if you knew a large supreme was in the making, you'd get one of the players to leave the table. The remaining players would put their ingredients in, and one of you would go to the vacated spot and put in the ingredients for that spot. The resulting pizza was worth several thousand simoleans. You'd all take turns being the "one person out".

Actually, I did do this exploit and it worked a bit differently than you're describing... every pizza that was made (that was a real pizza, not a burn, small, med, large, etc) would give the amount for a large supreme every time, but you had to have one person leave the table right before it was finished. I did this a few times over the course of a few days, but my roomie didn't like the "exploit" so I stopped.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I completely forgot about that one. If I remember right it got fixed not long after I heard about it and before I got a chance to even try it out.

R

rpsky3

how about the maze exploit? I was always wondering what it was and why they disabled the maze tables.

J

Joel Robert

how about the maze exploit? I was always wondering what it was and why they disabled the maze tables.
Was that a real exploit? i.e bug? I always assumed that the issue was that it was too easy for one person to play two accounts and complete mazes fast by seeing both positions, which is why they lowered payouts to the point of it not being worthwhile to play.

S

Shari

Was that a real exploit? i.e bug? I always assumed that the issue was that it was too easy for one person to play two accounts and complete mazes fast by seeing both positions, which is why they lowered payouts to the point of it not being worthwhile to play.
I always thought maze being disabled had to do with bots, people only needed two accounts made it easier (which isn't much, even I had 2 accounts at one time). There could be an exploit though, I was just never aware.

Anyone know what the tip jar exploit was? I vaguely remember that one on the boards but never knew how to do it.

R

Renee TSO

Heres an interesting stat i stumbled acrossed...

http://www.xfire.com/games/tso/The_Sims_Online/

I always go thru the whole list but this is the first time i have stumbled acrossed it...at the same time i wasnt reading about every game either this time. Nice to see we made such a mark on the last day : )