• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trial account steal money?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm helping a friend to make a trial account for start playing, but when we choose the payment methond the page will be refreshed and an error appears... "The page in not currently available" and for every try it will take 1€ from the credit card :-/
Is there any solution for this problem... my friend ask if it will happen with a new account code too...

we have removed all cookies, history and we are using internet explorer (as ea support suggest to do...)

M

Mulch

I think EA tries to take the €1 to see if your account is valid and will put it back afterwards. I use a trial account at the moment and I am not getting charged anything if you remember to cancel your account in time.

For the error, maybe try using another browser or a different computer and use the link from the uo.com page maybe as it works for me.

https://account.ea.com/myacct/uo/uo-hub.jsp?skin=uo

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think EA tries to take the €1 to see if your account is valid and will put it back afterwards. I use a trial account at the moment and I am not getting charged anything if you remember to cancel your account in time.

For the error, maybe try using another browser or a different computer and use the link from the uo.com page maybe as it works for me.

https://account.ea.com/myacct/uo/uo-hub.jsp?skin=uo
Yes the initial withdraw is only for validation and is not taken it has been that way for a long time as far back as I can remember anyhow.

S

SilentFoxXy

Several months ago I had exactly the same problem. However the 'System' tried to make 50 of these 'test runs', and my account showed -$50 for a week.... So I complained, and 3 days later-

See below:-

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Please note that whenever you edit or update any of your credit card
information on EA.Com account, our system verifies the card for its status
and acceptability to be used for online payments. In this process, system
takes a charge of $1 and reverts it back in the account with in next 7-10
business days. Please be assured that this is not an actual charge and your
money will be credited back to your account within the specified period.

Note: If you tried to enter the credit card multiple times, then you might
see more than one charge on your account.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Thank you.
EA Online Support.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm I have tried again in another computer, but it seems not work... and we have lost about 20 euro ... maybe there are some problem in the server :(

M

Mulch

If they really subtract the cash just write your credit card company and tell them to call back that charges.