• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting question

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone explain to me how people are making the 160 luckblades? Do you use runic hammers and gold ingots? Any info would be helpful thanks.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since luckblade is a magic recipe rather than an artifact, it can be made with any runic hammer and have a chance of rolling 100 base luck. Add the 40 luck material bonus for gold, and the 20 luck native to the recipe.

An excellent use for DC hammers.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another question.

Can the mods:

Spellchanneling and Defense Chance Increase

be added by a Normal Hammer and some colored ingot?

Can a Weapon get the Mage Weapon mod by a Normal Hammer and some colored ingot?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Colored ingots do not give the kind of mods you're thinking of. Colored ingots give different things like gold=luck and lower requirements, valorite=good spread of damage like fire damage, & cold, etc (it's on the stratics smithing site).
Normal hammers don't add any mods at all (other than the lowly things the colored ingots give).
You need runic hammers to get mods like DCI or Spellchanneling. The low dull runic hammer gives only 1 mod where the Valorite runic gives 5 mods.
That's the quick version.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Colored ingots do not give the kind of mods you're thinking of. Colored ingots give different things like gold=luck and lower requirements, valorite=good spread of damage like fire damage, & cold, etc (it's on the stratics smithing site).
Normal hammers don't add any mods at all (other than the lowly things the colored ingots give).
You need runic hammers to get mods like DCI or Spellchanneling. The low dull runic hammer gives only 1 mod where the Valorite runic gives 5 mods.
That's the quick version.
I was afraid that was going to be the case. Thanks for the information and I suppose I might either want to try to contract a Smithy on LA to make me a few items or keep an eye out for fair priced Valorite Hammers.