• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP

• Thread starter Torrent_of_Fire
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Torrent_of_Fire

I'm not sure the decision to de-emphasize PVP is a good one. I think NPCs really take away from the persistency of MMOs. I think competition between players is really crucial to MMOs.

J

Jeffdogg

I'm not sure the decision to de-emphasize PVP is a good one. I think NPCs really take away from the persistency of MMOs. I think competition between players is really crucial to MMOs.
Theres always Competition between players in an MMO. Competition to get the better gear, to be the better player, to be the alpha player, to have all the missions completed, to have all the maps in the game (Yes there are some people like that lmao). PvP dont make competition thats just an event IMO. Thats why MMO's have PvE and PvP servers. It dont make the game better or worse some people would rather spend their time fighting eachother, some people are adventures. Just have to go with how you feel and how you play.. But PvP is not crucial, it wont make or break a game. :popcorn:

C

Clacke

There will be the option to tag yourself for PvP when the game launches, so with consensual PvP available I'm sure we're going to get some decent world PvP sessions set up by the players themselves, until the full PVP content is added in after launch. :gun:

Ledaye

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who said we were de-emphasizing PvP? Our PvP will be layered in fully after launch, but we're planning lots of play centered on PvP, including missions and story.