• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic UO Web client beta issues / resolutions

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spent more time on the beta client this morning. Like Victim I was able to use the Experimental section in options to create an action bar. Then I used the hotkeys menu to create hotkeys for my normal macros I typically use. Seems to work fine once you figure out how to make them (I had not toggled the "Display" option in hotkeys so it took me a little while to get them to appear). This part seems great and I'm guessing is the equivalent of the EC action bar (looks like anything can be placed in it with a hotkey).

I changed containers to new grid view, and this is also great. HOWEVER, I cannot double click a spellbook to open the book (or a runebook) in backpack. Dbl clicking seems to do nothing. Guessing this is a bug?

World map is awesome. BUT when I logged out of one shard and entered another it went black and said it was building map? Couldn't get it to load after that.

I pulled skills out of skill list to make quick buttons like in CC but doing so removes the skill from skill list. Had to reset skill list to get them back.

I have stretched the screen across 2 monitors and here you can see where the world map is blank now:

beta.jpg

So far I still am very hopeful about this client. It seems to integrate or be close to integrating a lot I have hoped for but I have not tested the targeting system yet and there are still some issues. It would be fantastic if the Community Manager could do some writeups on setting this all up correctly. If the developer of the client is a Stratics user I'd love for them to hop in here and provide feedback on our use / misuse and help get this going.

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will never install Chrome. I don't like it and I'm keeping my dear Firefox. Is there a possibility that the client can be downloaded another way in the future? Thank you!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure other people have got it working with firefox, I just have a bunch of plugins on my version and it is not exactly up-to-date.

JumboJacko

Visitor
I will never install Chrome. I don't like it and I'm keeping my dear Firefox. Is there a possibility that the client can be downloaded another way in the future? Thank you!
It will run in Firefox, but expect issues. Mine constantly goes black for no reason at all when using FF. Chome gives far less issues, and you can install the page as a standalone app if you so desire. You can even run it on a phone with bluetooth devices if you really really want to, but you're not gonna have a good time with it.

If you happen to use the CUO client already, just stick with it. This one is pretty much the same with a few plugins pre-installed.