• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] ClassicUO Web Client Veteran Preview Weekend

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/11/2024 Greetings, With the upcoming release of Ultima Online: New Legacy and the launch of the ClassicUO web client sanctioned for use on official UO shards, we would like to invite our veteran players to preview the client this weekend! You can access the client here: ClassicUO (BETA) You may use this client on any OS that supports a chrome-like browser. ClassicUO web client support for Endless Journey accounts will come online following the release of Ultima Online: New Legacy Any feedback and/or bug reports related to the ClassicUO web client can be directed here. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah and i got with Chrome
1728662510391.png
after a few retries....
1728662728895.png
in the options you will find restrictions like
1728663442840.png
1728663765691.png

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I am on chrome. Had no problem downloading this and logging in. Took a minute as it had to download the entire client of course.

*Tips his hat and headout out on a newly found trail*

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok so I had to download Chrome because client wouldn't work with my frankenshteened firefox abomination. Had to look up my Discord login because it had been a long time.

But dddaaaaaammmmmnnnnnn is the beta web client sweet! I am a CC only player but have always wanted the grid view backpack of EC. This has that option for corpses. I haven't found a way to make containers (T-Chests) do the same.

The play window is as big or small as you want. The graphics are sharp, and I'm noticing details that I never saw in CC. Even the sound is nice. Hopefully there'll be an enterprising player write up a guide to all the options and maybe some agent examples. But this is way better than I honestly had expected. Note I just tested on a prodo shard with existing character.

I can definitely see why folks have been using this unofficially. I hope Broadsword sticks with this and maybe even helps refine more functionality. But hot damn I like it so far :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so I had to download Chrome because client wouldn't work with my frankenshteened firefox abomination. Had to look up my Discord login because it had been a long time.

But dddaaaaaammmmmnnnnnn is the beta web client sweet! I am a CC only player but have always wanted the grid view backpack of EC. This has that option for corpses. I haven't found a way to make containers (T-Chests) do the same.

The play window is as big or small as you want. The graphics are sharp, and I'm noticing details that I never saw in CC. Even the sound is nice. Hopefully there'll be an enterprising player write up a guide to all the options and maybe some agent examples. But this is way better than I honestly had expected. Note I just tested on a prodo shard with existing character.

I can definitely see why folks have been using this unofficially. I hope Broadsword sticks with this and maybe even helps refine more functionality. But hot damn I like it so far :)
I dont know if I can post guides since they are associated with free shards. But do a search for classicUO and videos.

I put a link in the classicUO thread in unleashed. It is very good.

Some things are disabled in our version, but if you have only played CC, this is awesome.

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I checked Enable pathfinding and character did not auto navigate around objects like on EC and the other third party client.

Also client glitched out when walking into the south side of private housing and when someone casts walls of stone on you. This doesn’t happen on the other third party client.

logged out.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The world map is still not functioning but I was able to make some spell bars that you cannot accidently close and my macros on a bar that i can click or use the hotkey. bout all i need now is a way to store my rune/spellbooks in a bar on the desktop, functional worldmap, and a macro system that is less clumsy and I can use this.

1728727303085.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do macros port right over from existing CC files or do people need to recreate all macros for each character when using the CUO version?
Unfortunately i cannot answer that. I haven't used CC in many years and don't really have any character files for CC

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do macros port right over from existing CC files or do people need to recreate all macros for each character when using the CUO version?
There appears to be an option to import from the Desktop CUO, but not the CC that i could find. I did a test by making some macros in the CC and then loading that character in the CUO client. they did not come over.

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
How can we see the ping on this client? its not loading on the server screen, is it a worse connection than a desktop client?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The world map is still not functioning but I was able to make some spell bars that you cannot accidently close and my macros on a bar that i can click or use the hotkey. bout all i need now is a way to store my rune/spellbooks in a bar on the desktop, functional worldmap, and a macro system that is less clumsy and I can use this.

View attachment 157267
This last time i logged in, the world map gump had a message saying "please wait i'm loading the map files" and started working again. Spell Bars still aren't saving though.

1728750392104.png

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone figure out on how to login through ur phone? Cuz I had it load up on mine but was unable to type in my credentials... but seems like it would work if I could lol

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
They haven't disabled the other third party desktop client yet with all the cheats. I don't think anyone is going to switch voluntarily. Everyone just going to keep playing with all the cheats.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They haven't disabled the other third party desktop client yet with all the cheats. I don't think anyone is going to switch voluntarily. Everyone just going to keep playing with all the cheats.
Why would they change? The dev team pulled another half measure and then they'll be all shocked pikacku that everyone stays with the better performing cheat clients.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Did you ever stop to think that there is still a negotiation going on? Start with a beta test of a windows based client with some of the full desktop parts disabled. See how the community uses it and engages with the beta client. If it is popular, works well, and a fan favorite. Then complete the purchase (or whatever the arrangement is) for the whole platform allowing people to choose desktop or web.

In the meantime ClassicUO maintains their current customer base who is using the desktop version while the trial is going on.

Seems pretty straighforward to me.

*Gives the Tavernkeeper a nod for another glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you ever stop to think that there is still a negotiation going on? Start with a beta test of a windows based client with some of the full desktop parts disabled. See how the community uses it and engages with the beta client. If it is popular, works well, and a fan favorite. Then complete the purchase (or whatever the arrangement is) for the whole platform allowing people to choose desktop or web.

In the meantime ClassicUO maintains their current customer base who is using the desktop version while the trial is going on.

Seems pretty straighforward to me.

*Gives the Tavernkeeper a nod for another glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*
Lets hope they change this Beta as quickly as they did NL Beta.

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I don't quite understand it, why have they disabled scripting on classic uo, but they're allowing you to still script on the other third party client?
Seems a bit unfair to me. I don't see people moving.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't quite understand it, why have they disabled scripting on classic uo, but they're allowing you to still script on the other third party client?
Seems a bit unfair to me. I don't see people moving.
So the question here is why are people still cheating vs using the sanctioned version that doesn’t allow you to cheat?

I guess we will never know…

VariableMaria

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
While the official certification of CUO being limited to the web client isn't entirely satisfactory, it's likely a necessary measure to prevent game file tampering and ensure a level playing field for all players. Looking at the situation more positively, the communication between CUO and BS is a once-in-a-decade surprise. It means we'll be able to play UO on any device, as long as we have a browser available. There's certainly more that could be said on the matter, but overall, this is cause for celebration. We should pay our respects to the CUO developer.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone figure out on how to login through ur phone? Cuz I had it load up on mine but was unable to type in my credentials... but seems like it would work if I could lol
If you put the cursor into a field, which allows text input, the application has to tell the phone/tablet, that it should bring up the on-screen keyboard.
If it is a regular website, it uses standardized text input, which already has this functionality built in, so the web developer doesn't have to take care of it.
Same goes for native basic android/apple apps, which most of the time are built with a framework, which has all the necessary functionality built in.

Games on the other hand, be it running native on the device or in a browser, often have their own user controls built, which means the developer has to take care of signalling the phone/tablet, that text input is required. Apparently ClassicUO devs didn't cover that.
You could make it work, if it is somehow possible to manually bring up the on-screen keyboard. But then, if they didn't even take care of basic text input, they for sure haven't taken care of movement. Usually you move with holding down the right mouse button (of double-right-click for pathfinding). And right-clicking is not really possible with a device with touch screen only. So I'm pretty sure, that would be your next blocker.

I would definitely give playing UO on a phone/tablet a shot and a web client would be very nice for that, but a lot of development has to be put in, to make it usable. I doubt that it will happen...

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
honestly at that point i would use the damn web client just to not have to use CC or EC but i cant lol

as soon as i press play chrome is f***ing my PC up to 95% load
logging in takes several tries and then sound is bugged and its lagging like id use a old modem....

not sure if its me but i can play most recent games on ultra without any issues. running a CC takes about 15-20% CPU

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Putting a password into a 3rd party client, even on one of my throw away gift accounts, made my skin crawl.

I'd have to try the hw acceleration thing as I had the same issue as above, if I can ever get past my first point of contention.

Ive never used discord in a browser before and apparently logging in once is required, that has its own drama = creating a clone of my existing accout until i logged out ans back in again. Odd.

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Try Microsoft Edge browser, that uses chrome.

Our system admin doesn’t allow Google’s chrome on any of our systems due to privacy issues.