• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Q&A for NL posted yesterday

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good stuff; solid communication with very few weasel words. Excellent confirmation/explanation of a couple of pieces the community has been curious about.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good stuff; solid communication with very few weasel words. Excellent confirmation/explanation of a couple of pieces the community has been curious about.
My only comment was why post what everyone has been asking for without telling us..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My only comment was why post what everyone has been asking for without telling us..
Funny how we are commenting on something they did not tell us about. They said look at UO.com for more info. And there it is.

You complain when they do communicate.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why wasn’t it posted on the UO.com front page? 99.9% of people are sitting there refreshing an old FAQ. That’s the problem. Why am I reading about this on stratics first? Your boot licking is outrageous.
It is on the front page on my computer. That's how I found it.

I may have clicked the NL section.

But, here we are talking about it.

Which for this forum, a lot of you talk about things you don't know about, so maybe we don't know these NL facts.

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why wasn’t it posted on the UO.com front page?
It is on the front page:
1728598151171.png
You can click the title or the "learn more" button. Both will get you there.

99.9% of people are sitting there refreshing an old FAQ. That’s the problem.
There is no old and new FAQ. It is one and the same FAQ. It literally says "Updated October 9, 2024" before the first question. If you have problems with updating a page in your browser of choice, I'm pretty sure there's lots of tutorials of how to do that.

Why am I reading about this on stratics first?
Most likely because you came here first instead of checking uo.com.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You'd think they'd have posted across social media check here for new information like asking about our favorite this or that..

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Funny how we are commenting on something they did not tell us about. They said look at UO.com for more info. And there it is.

You complain when they do communicate.
We have to train them how to communicate effectively you had years telling them not to was ok Don't expect change overnight

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have to train them how to communicate effectively you had years telling them not to was ok Don't expect change overnight
By constantly complaining that you want more communication, then when they do, you complain that it was in the wrong place,(that we all found). That teaches them that we are a bunch of inconsiderate children and they learn not to communicate because you complain either way.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bringing pets back is a big thing, especially if they can be trained. WWs have very high str there. Emberfire is the popular pet since it does fire damage.

I want a Juvenile Manticore on LS.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1728612530300.png
This is the correct way to make announcements, not add a random button on the page header. Glad they made a post about it eventually? :facepalm:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bringing pets back is a big thing, especially if they can be trained. WWs have very high str there. Emberfire is the popular pet since it does fire damage.

I want a Juvenile Manticore on LS.
Is there a consolidated list anywhere with what pets were available on NL?

Not sure if this was answered anywhere else (didn't see it on the FAQs); is there a limit to the # of characters on NL per account? Transferring pets you cannot get on live shards would be a big reason to play NL, but would also kind of pigeon hole players (me at least) to being a tamer versus another profession.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a consolidated list anywhere with what pets were available on NL?

Not sure if this was answered anywhere else (didn't see it on the FAQs); is there a limit to the # of characters on NL per account? Transferring pets you cannot get on live shards would be a big reason to play NL, but would also kind of pigeon hole players (me at least) to being a tamer versus another profession.
I posted Lore pages of as many special pets as I could. They added them as the beta continued. They added one the last week but I did not see that one.

You can not train them in NL.

Emberfire was the best one. A dragon that does fire damage. Very useful in NL because most do physical damage.

WWs could have 800 strength. This makes me think we can't train them on live shards.

Juvenile Manticore is a winged lion mount. Multiple white colors. That will be very popular if we could bring those and train.

I used 2 platinum/crimson drakes and rode an Ostard. I would be close to the top damager on spawns. Spawns show you a leader board at the end.

Or they will introduce these pets to live shards.

So my guess is the disappointment will continue when they can't be trained on live shards.

The most damaging template is a mage tamer and an archer with discord.

The archer needs the bow that does fire damage.

Weapons all do physical damage except for boss drop weapons that do some other damage.