• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Client & FAQs

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/10/2024 Greetings, In anticipation of the upcoming release of Ultima Online: New Legacy we will be releasing a new mandatory Classic & Enhanced Client (version 7.0.0.105.0 / 4.0.0.105.0). Please be sure to patch your client before logging in to the game. We have also updated the New Legacy FAQ. We will continue to update the FAQ with new questions and answers as we come across them from the community. The release of New Legacy will also include the launch of the ClassicUO Web Client sanctioned for use on official shards. We have put together an FAQ for using that client, […]

Continue reading...

1728617291707.png

New Legacy FAQ:

1728617312217.png
1728617346847.png
1728617368143.png
1728617391631.png

Classic UO FAQ:

1728617412164.png

Last edited by a moderator:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ClassicUO Web Client ? WEB browser only ?

firec

Visitor
Yeah, they say explicitly that you can't use the executable, only the web client since that cannot be freely modified

Seems.... Disappointing, at best

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope they put out the client earlier. Sounds like the new client and NL start at the same time as of now.

1728610393613.png

UO is not that version yet.

Sargon0101

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So does the web client still require Windows? Or can I run it on any device (my Samsung Galaxy tablet) with Chrome?

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Sargon0101

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, they say explicitly that you can't use the executable, only the web client since that cannot be freely modified

Seems.... Disappointing, at best
The web client sounds like a neat option, but I take it that's not what anyone was really excited about when we heard that a ClassicUO client was coming.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So does the web client still require Windows? Or can I run it on any device (my Samsung Galaxy tablet) with Chrome?

this is about the only reason I’d see getting behind a web client.

the security implications seems questionable at best.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It feels like they were SO close to doing something right, but found a way to muck it up as usual.

You want ClassicUO??? You got it! Oh, but it's only the web client, not the superior desktop client.
It's funny, a buddy hit me up on discord when he heard that CUO was going to be approved for use. He was so excited. I told him that they'd probably screw it up. He didn't see how it could be possible to screw up adding another client. I figured they would find a way. Here we are.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's funny, a buddy hit me up on discord when he heard that CUO was going to be approved for use. He was so excited. I told him that they'd probably screw it up. He didn't see how it could be possible to screw up adding another client. I figured they would find a way. Here we are.
They were so close to doing something that would have massive impact. Then just like NL they find a way to hose it up. So disappointing.

LiquidSolidity

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged into the new web client but I can barely move and the sound stutters like crazy. It says I am getting 8 frames per second! Are they trying to recreate the actual dial-up experience I had back in 1997? I love it.

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
So now that they have an official client, why don't they end allowing people to play the unofficial client? they are still supporting the o client by allowing everyone to use it.