• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Horse?

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking through my old account and found that I have a plain horse, 1 stable slot, but is jet black like a Nightmare. I don't remember where I got it or if they even still spawn. Any information on this?

Attachments

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I was looking through my old account and found that I have a plain horse, 1 stable slot, but is jet black like a Nightmare. I don't remember where I got it or if they even still spawn. Any information on this?
Back in the day during the faction system, as faction could take over a town, and deploy guards. These guards rode black horses, at the time players could dismount and tam these ponies. Sadly, they fixed this shortly after it became known. So now they are living rare that are valued at 900mill-1plat or more depending on the buyer. Hope this helps ^_~

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Need more Lore pages. Also what does it say on someone's trade page when you initiate a trade.

It could be a 16th anniversary horse.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need more Lore pages. Also what does it say on someone's trade page when you initiate a trade.

It could be a 16th anniversary horse.
What are lore pages?

Also no its not an anniversary horse from a statue. I never used those statues, I still have every single one of my 16th anniversary gifts unclaimed. =]
I specifically remember taming it, I just didn't remember where cause it's been many years.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pawain is asking for the rest of the info pages for this pet when you Animal Lore it in order to help identify it. On a side note, how do you find anything in that pack?
OHHH the other pages haha. Gotcha.
I can post them when I get home I guess though I can tell you for sure it's not an anniversary horse. Did they even come in that color?

I don't play the character. I just stuffed as much things as I could before I stopped playing in case my house fell...Which it did. RIP my 18x18 and irreplaceable items. =[
Oh well. Its been years and a fresh start without being held back by the past feels refreshing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you trade an Anniv horse to someone it will say the color.

1727923093377.png

So if yours says Black Horse and BlackHorse. It is an anniv horse.

They come in black also.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are the other lore pages and trade.
There is a color in the trade window, so maybe it's an anniversary horse then? I honestly don't remember popping any of those statues.
This makes me wonder about others that have been sold. But, I am not an equine expert, Do not kill it because of what I have posted.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did a search on these. Players are buying them for 700M to a plat, it seems they don't care whether they are the real thing or not. Or they do not know.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Log in with EC, lore it and post the hue number of it. That may help @Archnight determine what it is.
Does it show the hue by default? I don't have any UI mods on the EC since I almost never use it.

Also, no worries, I have no intentions of getting rid of it regardless. A Nightmare colored horse on a non-tamer is still a very cool thing to have.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah @Dol'Gorath, yours is the old black faction guard horse. You use to be able to get them by dismounting faction guards and taming their horses. They came in 3 styles as far as I know, pure black with a long mane like yours, light black with a short mane and light black with a long mane. In recent years some have tried scamming 16th Anniversary horses as these (whether intentionally or not) but there is some ways to differentiate, i'm pretty sure that the rare ones all appear as a "Tan Horse" in the trade window as opposed to a "Dark Steed". There's also the hue difference as hue 2692 is the closest hued 16th Anniversary horse to the old black faction guard horse which where mostly hue 1109, i'm unsure on the lighter hued ones though.

1727959741424.png

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah @Dol'Gorath, yours is the old black faction guard horse. You use to be able to get them by dismounting faction guards and taming their horses. They came in 3 styles as far as I know, pure black with a long mane like yours, light black with a short mane and light black with a long mane. In recent years some have tried scamming 16th Anniversary horses as these (whether intentionally or not) but there is some ways to differentiate, i'm pretty sure that the rare ones all appear as a "Tan Horse" in the trade window as opposed to a "Dark Steed". There's also the hue difference as hue 2692 is the closest hued 16th Anniversary horse to the old black faction guard horse which where mostly hue 1109, i'm unsure on the lighter hued ones though.

View attachment 157074

Well, that is good to know. It feels pretty cool to have such a rare mount. ^^

You know, all this wracking my brain over this horse finally sparked my memory and I remember where I got it. One day I was in Luna and I saw a black horse walking around the stable area. I lored it and saw the weirdly low stats so it clearly wasn't a Nightmare. I then tamed it and stuffed it in the stable and it's been there ever since lol.

I guess someone accidentally let it go wild and it was just wandering around. I am surprised people in Luna didn't jump all over it but there were also very few people at the time, was likely early morning or something.