• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Legacy Beta Testing Weekend #6

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8/23/2024 Greetings, We want to thank everyone who participated in Beta Testing Weekend #6! We appreciate all the feedback everyone has shared. We invite you to come along on this journey by reading our dev diaries which will chronicle updates throughout the beta testing process. We are pleased to announce the Ultima Online: New Legacy Beta Testing Weekend #6 will commence today, August 30th at 9 AM ET and conclude Tuesday, September 3rd at 9 AM ET. In anticipation of this release, a new patch is available for both the Classic (7.0.104.20) & Enhanced Clients (4.0.104.20). We invite you to […]

Continue reading...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arantex (sp) Spider special pet you get a lure from Titanweave.

1725053112524.png

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kind of bored at this point. Will probably only test again if/when they implement a test center style setup. I still have high hopes for NL, but as it exists now its just like a weird free shard.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Snow digging is fixed, but something new found. If you used someone else found item from ground, your own next dig will not work. More not yours item you collected before, more your finds will not work. Looks number of digs need to be equal to clicked items.

1725110036390.png 1725110066702.png

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? completing 100 skill in tailoring just "collect reward 10k gold" and silently placed half apron? No congrats of any kind and suggestions on next skills to raise?
:facepalm: :bdh:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really, whats next? Just 2 skills and only 2 quests to do - BODs and snow digging. Game over? :party:

1725111031104.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really, whats next? Just 2 skills and only 2 quests to do - BODs and snow digging. Game over? :party:

You can increase swords or go talk the crafter liason and you can get more crafting skills.

The next ones wont use the job boards. Youll raise with quests, 3 25 BOD quests and others.

View attachment 156459
You can increase swords or go talk the crafter liason and you can get more crafting skills.

The next ones wont use the job boards. Youll raise with quests, 3 25 BOD quests and others.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What? completing 100 skill in tailoring just "collect reward 10k gold" and silently placed half apron? No congrats of any kind and suggestions on next skills to raise?
:facepalm: :bdh:
This one is in trinsic:
1725125101852.png

He wants me to do carpentry since I already did Smith and Tailor.

1725125150670.png

You can find the ones for alchemy or inscription also.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one is in trinsic:
View attachment 156463

He wants me to do carpentry since I already did Smith and Tailor.

View attachment 156464

You can find the ones for alchemy or inscription also.
There are no in game clues to go find someone else. Like congrats you did it, you can go travel around to find other professions.

How it was - at 90 skill tailor last quest wait you to level up to 100. Once you visit him - ding, collect reward. No text, no dialogues.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously? That should read, "We want to thank everyone who participated in Beta Testing Weekend #5!"

I got WRITTEN UP for one misspelled word in an email to a customer, and it wasn't my misspell! It was my supervisor's (that worm).

Does Broadsword even have professional standards, or are they outsourcing the work?

If the writing was being done by someone located in India or the Philippines, I would understand.

English is not their first language. What the heck? Come on, at least pretend to be professional.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Congrats; you just won UO NL! Your season is now over lmao :hahaha:

Seriously? That should read, "We want to thank everyone who participated in Beta Testing Weekend #5!"

I got WRITTEN UP for one misspelled word in an email to a customer, and it wasn't my misspell! It was my supervisor's (that worm).

Does Broadsword even have professional standards, or are they outsourcing the work?

If the writing was being done by someone located in India or the Philippines, I would understand.

English is not their first language. What the heck? Come on, at least pretend to be professional.
This is probably one of the lesser egregious errors on Bonnie's part (assuming she does the write up). Small mix up of thinking about weekend #6 while thanking everyone for weekend #5. I understand that can happen when you have a lot on your mind (or it's Friday and you are ready for the weekend to start). What I don't understand is when she has multiple grammatical mistakes in an update (which is often) because spellcheck literally points out the error; so when we see misspelled words it's literally from her ignoring the spellcheck or not bothering to fix it. Now THAT is what tells me something is amateur hour.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my guy now, We have dye tubs.
1725241157751.png

Very few weapons do fire damage.

I dont think I can get much more stamina Im guessing 4. Maybe @PlayerSkillFTW knows what max stamina we can get atm. I love my Elvis collar.

Macers at a disadvantage with low stamina.

This is about as decked out as a dexxer can get right now.

1725241347832.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is about as decked out that you can get a mage, with protection on.

Harder to find invulnerable medable armor.

1725241644063.png

1725241688349.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very few weapons do fire damage.

I dont think I can get much more stamina Im guessing 4. Maybe @PlayerSkillFTW knows what max stamina we can get atm. I love my Elvis collar.

Macers at a disadvantage with low stamina.

This is about as decked out as a dexxer can get right now.

View attachment 156522
Web Woven Quiver (Titanweave Spider artifact) gives +7 Stam, Titanweave Shroud (Titanweave Spider artifact) gives +5 Stam, Dragonhide Sash (Crimson Dragon artifact) gives +2 Stam, Daemon Necklace (Ranger quest reward) has +4 Stam, Matriarch's Pendant (Solen Matriarch artifact) gives +4 Stam. So there's still some more Stamina you can get to bring you over 120 (every 30 Stamina is 0.25 secs faster swing speed).
But yeah, the low Stamina for Warriors definitely hurts Macers, and they don't have Stagger to make up for it on NL.

Boss Artifact Weapons can be enhanced via the Congiarium.
Crimson Repeater (Silver).PNG Crimson Repeater (Venombane).PNG Wyrmhide Compendium (Scalebane).PNG

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow - get me one of these! Might be one of best spellbooks I've ever seen in this game.
Against a non-discoed WW, i was doing 370+ damage Flame Strikes. Against a discoed WW, i was one shotting them with 527 damage Flame Strikes. Against a discoed Greater Dragon, i was doing 230+ damage E-Bolts. I could kill a discoed Greater Dragon by mana dumping E-Bolts into them. This was with a total of 70% SDI (Wyrmhide Compendium+Crimsonflame Lantern), and without GM Inscrip (which would add 10% more damage).
The Wyrmhide Compendium drops from Rikktor, and yes, it comes with all 64 spells already (normally on NL, 8th Circle spell scrolls are only available via Boss Drops or Inscrip BODs).