• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it possible to Control a trained giant beetle with a non tamer crafting mule.

Ozrick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
To help me fight off mobs when out mining or lumberjacking I really would like to get my beetle trained up a level or two. My question is, if I have my beetle trained will I still be able to control it with my crafting mule who has no animal taming in the template?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To help me fight off mobs when out mining or lumberjacking I really would like to get my beetle trained up a level or two. My question is, if I have my beetle trained will I still be able to control it with my crafting mule who has no animal taming in the template?
Nope. You can't push the button. Or trade to him.

You can have a fire beetle and 4 giant beetles to fight with.

Ozrick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I thank you for that answer. So next question what is the minimum skill required to control a trained Beetle. I'm thinking maybe a little real skill with jewelry.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thank you for that answer. So next question what is the minimum skill required to control a trained Beetle. I'm thinking maybe a little real skill with jewelry.
30 to tame and I'm sure it goes up if you push the button. The more things you add, the more it increases.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Even as a normal pet/mount a GM trained beetle can be of decent help to miner or lj'er etc.

30 to tame and I'm sure it goes up if you push the button. The more things you add, the more it increases.
At one time wasn't there a minimum level of taming required before you could even access the pet advancement button though? Or am I remembering wrong...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even as a normal pet/mount a GM trained beetle can be of decent help to miner or lj'er etc.

At one time wasn't there a minimum level of taming required before you could even access the pet advancement button though? Or am I remembering wrong...
Yes, his Miner can not even push the button because the taming requirement increases.

He wanted to train it with his tamer and then give to the miner, I think.

Yup, he could have up to 5 of them to kill stuff.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yup, he could have up to 5 of them to kill stuff.
I did not realize they dropped the slot count to 1 on a Beetle. I just assumed they left it at 3 for the pack and rideable and then it would drop back to 1 if trained. Glad they did though, my mule always got tired of just having one bug and 2 packies.

5 beetles gm'd out would be formidable lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not realize they dropped the slot count to 1 on a Beetle. I just assumed they left it at 3 for the pack and rideable and then it would drop back to 1 if trained. Glad they did though, my mule always got tired of just having one bug and 2 packies.

5 beetles gm'd out would be formidable lol
Old ones after a patch are 3 slot. The current wild ones are 1 slot. Yup 2 Fire 3 Giants would kill things that bother a miner.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Prospector (Mining/LJing/Fishing) uses a GM skilled Fire Beetle, a GM skilled Giant Beetle, and a pre-patch Vollem that was leveled once from 2 slots to 3 slots. The Vollem alone can easily kill virtually anything my Prospector encounters while gathering, including Krakens or Dragons (but not GDs without serious healing). Here's what that pre-patch Vollem looks like.
Bal Vollem.PNG

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
once you click the training button, this is the skill requirement on giant beetle...

1 slot = 30 taming
2 slot = 75 taming
3 slot = 102 taming
4 & 5 slot = 108 taming

you can wear jewels & talisman to raise your skill