• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion to Devs on how to keep New and Veteran players

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Devs,

I wanted to provide some constructive feedback.

People generally like things that make sense.
Sometimes people can feel cheated when things don't make sense or things don't go as they expect.
Many things about UO don't make sense, ESPECIALLY to new players.

Some examples:

There is an item property for "Cannot Be Repaired".
But there are now items that have a hidden "Cannot Be Repaired" property. Why?
Example: Items with durability transmogrified to items without durability cannot be repaired, but they are not labeled "Cannot Be Repaired".

There is an item property for "Brittle" (durability cannot be restored with powder of fortification).
But there are items that have a hidden "Brittle" property. Why?
Example: All bracelets and rings cannot have powder of fortification applied, but are not labeled "Brittle".

There is an item property for "Self Repair".
But some items have hidden "Self Repair". Why?
Example: Hawkwind's Robe, Cameos. Hawkwind's Robe can be transmogrified to a hooded robe without durability and it does not need to be repaired, but it is not labeled with "Self Repair".

None of the above makes sense. It doesn't make sense to veteran players and it ESPECIALLY doesn't make sense to new players.

Simply labeling items accurately would help a lot. Making this game easier to understand for new players would help a lot.

Many people have spent gold and real money on items that were ultimately not what they expected because they were not labeled properly or not informed they would have these hidden properties (example: transmogrified items becoming not repairable).

Thank you for your time.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The Developers do read here. Daily.
Proven otherwise. They read here regularly. They know this is where a significant part of the community sits.

Now engaging here is a different story. The devs need to get over that and meet their community where it is at.

*settles back into his seat by the tavern fire and lifts his glass for another refill of Good Old Moonglow Red*

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I agree with the op
Also when I vendor search non brittle it always comes up with imbued items which have a hidden brittle property.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wish there was a way to make items un-cursed and non-brittle etc through crafting, even if there’s a failure rate to do so.

Have quite a few weapons with these tags (ie cursed, non repairable) that are not useable

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wish there was a way to make items un-cursed and non-brittle etc through crafting, even if there’s a failure rate to do so.

Have quite a few weapons with these tags (ie cursed, non repairable) that are not useable
I disagree on the "removal" of cursed / brittle / non repairable / antique . Instead I would rather see these negative property items (outside of brittle which already last for a very long time) get more of a bump. Take a current Legendary (Brittle) artifact as standard and add from there for cursed / antique / non repair. I think a cursed or antique Legendary item should rival the pre-patch no-name legendary items with 13-15 properties.

If we want to get crafting involved, allow the reforged items that become non repairable or only 100 durability the ability to also get here.

I don't think we need to make really great pieces (ie brittle legendary items) better... I think more along the lines that there should be a reason to save/use the negative property items rather than automatically trashing them.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I disagree on the "removal" of cursed / brittle / non repairable / antique . Instead I would rather see these negative property items (outside of brittle which already last for a very long time) get more of a bump. Take a current Legendary (Brittle) artifact as standard and add from there for cursed / antique / non repair. I think a cursed or antique Legendary item should rival the pre-patch no-name legendary items with 13-15 properties.

If we want to get crafting involved, allow the reforged items that become non repairable or only 100 durability the ability to also get here.

I don't think we need to make really great pieces (ie brittle legendary items) better... I think more along the lines that there should be a reason to save/use the negative property items rather than automatically trashing them.
sure, i may be able to get behind this if the item intensity outweighs normal insurance weapons.
As if the current condition they’re mostly unusable.
Antique is useable, Brittle can’t be used long in PVM. Maybe if they slow the decay rate down?

I don’t bother with cursed items.

Proven otherwise. They read here regularly. They know this is where a significant part of the community sits.

Now engaging here is a different story. The devs need to get over that and meet their community where it is at.

*settles back into his seat by the tavern fire and lifts his glass for another refill of Good Old Moonglow Red*
I believe going back 10+ years they used to engage quite a bit. Hell, if I am not mistaken, it was a community post here on Stratics that got things stirring for what would become the enhanced client. There was a large post back in the early 2000s calling for something more akin to Diablo/other top down looters and there were devs active in that thread.