• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Transmog potion exploit

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, I would like to address the exploit that is currently active with Hawkwind’s robe. We are removing the Transmogrification Potion – Robe Slot from the store until this fix is published. Know that we are working on a solution and will release it when it passes QA. These items will no longer be equippable following the fix. Due to the fact this is an exploit you will be given one (1) of two (2) choices. You can keep the item as decoration. If you go that route then a note will be put in your file as […]

Continue reading...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For those wondering what this means...

There was briefly a bug whereby a Hawkwind's Robe and Mantle Archlich robe could have the stats combined onto one object. This results in tabards which appear like this:

1721406148201.png

I also heard you could do this with the Stealth Robes. Glad to hear it's being addressed and those who abused the bug won't be able to equip any further.

Although I must say, it was a pretty sweet item!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those wondering what this means...

There was briefly a bug whereby a Hawkwind's Robe and Mantle Archlich robe could have the stats combined onto one object. This results in tabards which appear like this:

View attachment 155531

I also heard you could do this with the Stealth Robes. Glad to hear it's being addressed and those who abused the bug won't be able to equip any further.

Although I must say, it was a pretty sweet item!
So they did the tabard transmog in the well of souls, then were able to transmog again with a potion?

The system thought the hawking tabard was blank so it added the mantle stats.

belal

Visitor
How are we supposed to know that tabard, monks robe, and parrot are not repairable?
you can't try to repair them until they are damaged.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So they did the tabard transmog in the well of souls, then were able to transmog again with a potion?

The system thought the hawking tabard was blank so it added the mantle stats.
I would caution discussing any detail of how to perform the exploit, as it is against Stratics RoC. Perhaps can share more once the fix is in place and its confirmed they're no longer equipable.

How do we contact CS?
I haven't been able to get a reply for several months.
1721416846442.png

Wharton

Adventurer
So, if all you have is a basic "non-transmogged" Hawkwinds Robe, it's ok to keep using, or do all Hawkwind robes need to be turned in?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Destination items getting the target mods was brought up when the transmog potions came out. This puts many items at risk of deletion now.