• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Use of a Siege Perilous 129 Wrestle Triton? Sample Training Plans Inside, Your Experience?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey all,

So I just popped a Triton on Siege Perilous with a great stat line of 129+ Wrestling. Only 50s% rating but I was stoked to get it. Kicking around how best to use it. I already have an AI / Chiv Bane Dragon (winner of the UWSP 1st annual pet fight competition) and I generally use the 2 slot Naja poison / frenzy whirlwind build for my low level spawn / AoE pet. On Siege in the past I've done a fair amount of Shadowguard with my guildmate and we would both run Tritons. This account toon has no developed triton yet so a tank for the Roof might be good. Here are 3 sample plans I ran, please give me your input ( @Khaelor @Donavon @PlayerSkillFTW et al). One important note is the Energy Resist is naturally a 90 so that should be a consideration here. How would you build this? How would you use it?

AI / Chiv:

2024-06-19 SP Triton AI Chiv Build .jpg

Feint:

2024-06-19 SP Triton Feint Build .jpg

Disco / CB:

2024-06-19 SP Triton Disco CB Build .jpg

Thanks all!

-- Calavera

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice score on the 129+ one!
I haven´t gotten around to my Tritons yet so can´t help with any input but I´ll keep an eye on this thread for inspiration as I have a couple of high-end wrestling ones myself that I haven´t decided on yet.

I´m thinking on having Chiv/AI on my second best one and maybe make my best one a more all round pet.

mihali

Sage
I have a Disco / CB one and very pleased, esp with targets that are static mostly and I get a chance to use my 120/120 both real mag/eval DR tamer, and blast away with deathray and slayer spell book. If SDI book in use, then just any energy spells from the tamer do decent damage. Not sure but could use to defend yourself in seige with this spec, if tamer is with right gear. Disco/CB triton mostly for single targets.
The other one Frenzied WW/poison breath/poison I also have and cleared a few spawns but with sampire helping, not alone, as you suggested mostly the lower levels of the spawns. But this spec. helped my pure other disco tamer without much firepower, kill a red or two at a spawn, then their friends (3 other pkers) chased me and killed me shortly thereafter. So I waited there to see how they would kill the FWW/Poison breath/poison triton: They locked him with energy fields in the corridor, and had a hard time killing him with distance spells due to the constant lethal poison vs deadly poison breath AOE, and took long time to kill him since his healing was decent. So in this spec. the healing part really helps, as a disco tamer with poor gear that I had is a poor PVP target, no real firepower for PVP. I like the Najas PB/FWW, but Triton PB/FWW rocks due to high wres and also healing and lightning speed.
The other one is a TANK due to the Feint. To tank something with relatively lots of hps, large wrestling and hopefully no retargeting, so then you can blast away with spells. I don't have one of these.
All these are very nice, and it would depend on what mobs you want to engage with, and also the spec of the tamer.
If you got a little time copy the tamer to TC1 and test some of these specs, before you commit the spec on Seige, safer that way to see how they work.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's an extremely good Triton, totally top end. 129+ Wrest, 190+ DEX (max movement speed), 170+ Resist (virtually immune to magic debuffs), and even max 90 Energy Resist. I'd go with 120 Chiv+AI for it, bring the Fire Resist up to 80 (lower the Poison to 55), and get full 120 PS on it if you can (likely have to lower the max Mana for this, unless that 120 Bush is eating up TP on that screenshot).

My absolute best Tritons, become Chiv+AI, just due to how well it synergizes and maximizes their damage output.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon, a fine pop indeed. The input of the others honestly covers just about everything. I'm with PlayerskillFTW on the AI chiv build. The hit wrest gives it not only increase hit but also increases the passive of that skill called dodge that makes it avoid a ton of damage, Plus it almost always has its healing skill rolling while its fighting.On top of that the swing speed increase pared with chiv sustained damage wise is only out done by a Ai chiv bane with aggro on most fights. I would lower the stam regen to +9 as it seems like it hits diminishing returns with 120 focus. As skill said its always best to have fire maxed as you notice the impact on the highest lvl of beasty missing those 5 points has. Hope this helps, if ya have anymore questions my door is always open. just a small P.S. dont feel rushed play around on test abit and see which build truly sings with your play style. have a delightful day. =^-~=
one more P.s. I have a fully trained AI chiv trinton that is very close to the skills of yours, I would gladly let you use on test if you want to see how it feels. Just let me know and I will meet you there to hand him off. =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the starting strength is above 200 you can use an active and passive magic.

You do not need to add HP to a Triton. They start with plenty.

A great build for events and all around killing is:

Frenzied Whirlwind
AI
Chivalry

Tritons are the only pets that can easily have this build. A high intensity PP bake kitsune can make a 300HP version.

I have pics of lots of builds here.

Have fun!
I use the Feint AI chiv version on my archer who has no vet or healing.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks folks. Appreciate the offer Donovan. I mentioned Siege because unless something has changed Siege characters cannot be sent to Test Center. I do have a great AI Chiv Bane Dragon on this same character on Siege. I had been leaning on doing the Feint build just as something new but so far everyone seems to concur that AI Chiv might be a better use. Appreciate your time guys (come play tamer on Siege, it is a different experience for sure!) :)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks folks. Appreciate the offer Donovan. I mentioned Siege because unless something has changed Siege characters cannot be sent to Test Center. I do have a great AI Chiv Bane Dragon on this same character on Siege. I had been leaning on doing the Feint build just as something new but so far everyone seems to concur
If ya want to test drive it just me know and we can make a tamer on test and command boost the skills and you can. ^_~

mihali

Sage
People on Siege may not know much about Test centre, at least some folks, since they cannot copy chars there.

So you can log in to Test centre, make any character, Tamer or other, then all you have to do is type .help to see the commands, and give the character any stats, i.e. "set taming 1200" --> taming goes to 120 on character, etc, also "set str 130" etc. You have all sorts of items automatically in you bank vault, includo=ing parties and full imagery spell books etc etc. This is on your character, not the pet (sadly). But you can get a friend's pet transferred to you so you can test it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes but what Donovon recommended is make a tamer on TC1 and he will let her try to see how that spec will work. No need to transfer.
But you can not get that same Triton on TC to test it. They are talking about testing builds for Tritons not Tamers. I am sure the people that play on SP are all well aware of what can and cannot be done on TC as they are some of the most senior players and play on other shards as well as SP.

mihali

Sage
Agree, and the best way to test the pet on tc is likely to use a very similar tamer to their own, that can be created in 5 minutes or less on TC. Lots of folks use the pets as a complimentary item, usually as a tank or distraction, while they blast away spells or other aggro with the tamer.