• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bunnies the Abominable Targeting?

mihali

Sage
They are lightning fast and not the easiest to target quicly. I use a tamer and absolutely use CC.

I tried "all guard me", and Shift-Enter All attack, and Target Mobile Hostile and Target Mobile Any, Nothing works instantly, unless you do "all guard me" and you are on top of the bunny.
Any one with any recommendations for auto insta-targeting the little beasties? Tyvm in advance. :)

Jaida

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I use CC as well and this is what I do for my second tamer:

Watch carefully where the thorn is planted, hover your cursor over the spot, once the thorn completely disappears, wait a couple seconds and then start clicking on the spot like mad. This is what I do for my second tamer and works like a charm.

My macer chases the vorpal around everywhere and does things the hard way. Fun.

mihali

Sage
About the eggies : I hope the bubble does not burst when the Devs come in monday and really really boost the posted prices of the rewards.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh I am sure those prices are going to at least double, people gotta come on the forums bragging about OMG I am getting 600 eggs an hour!!!

Yep...be prepared for those prices to at LEAST double.

mihali

Sage
Sadly, the only time the visit our forum here is to see our comments about these things, and they will then try to "fix" things, as we are well aware it has happened before..:sad2:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In CC, my tamer says "all Guard Me" then I plant thorn, pre-cast hailstorm or other area attack and target area that I planted thorn and then cast soon as it appears. That way I am aggro'd and pet attacks rabbit.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I am sure those prices are going to at least double, people gotta come on the forums bragging about OMG I am getting 600 eggs an hour!!!

You’d think some of the posters would have learned by now, after years of playing. Brag to your friends in game, not on forums dumbasses LOL. You just can’t fix stoopid....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I am not sure the point increase is warranted. Supply will already be limited by the supply of green thorns (while plentiful, is not endless) and the luck statue timer. There will obviously be some power gamers who have a dozen accounts, 3 dozen luck suits and 40 bagillion thorns, but I see no need to penalize the average player because of it. 10 eggs per spawn is not a lot split between several players... without thorns and luck suits it would definitely be a time investment even at the current point levels.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@mihali You do not need to be in war mode. Tell the pet to guard you, plant the thorn, stay still, the bunny will always attack the person who plants the seed. Whether it be a tamer or not. For anyone else in your group, they will have to target it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tried my Archer/Tamer. Pet attacked while guarding, had to take bow out of his hands or he attacks also,

mihali

Sage
In CC, my tamer says "all Guard Me" then I plant thorn, pre-cast hailstorm or other area attack and target area that I planted thorn and then cast soon as it appears. That way I am aggro'd and pet attacks rabbit.
Awesome idea! Precast an AOE that stays a few secs..Will try also. Tyvm.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Much slower than collecting last year's eggs...that's not a bad thing.

I find a fenced area to plant the thorn. The cast 2 EVs. Takes them down quicly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Much slower than collecting last year's eggs...that's not a bad thing.

I find a fenced area to plant the thorn. The cast 2 EVs. Takes them down quicly.
Invite 2 others and get a chance at 3 eggs per thorn plus one on corpse.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I guess in guards zones you can't do damage to the bunnies? All the fields in Moonglow were taken this morning so I went to try out Yew and some other place and the bunny took no damage from my archer. :(

Reactions: dvv

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I guess in guards zones you can't do damage to the bunnies? All the fields in Moonglow were taken this morning so I went to try out Yew and some other place and the bunny took no damage from my archer. :(
Yeah same…spawned a bunny in Yew and couldn’t attack it. It eventually dug a mysterious rabbit hole and was gone.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The fields east of skara are not in guard zones, and there are lots of them.

You can make small fields of bag balls to help coral the bunnies, and the bagballs decay in like 20 minutes. As long as the rabbits can move, and hit you, it should be legal.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fields east of skara are not in guard zones, and there are lots of them.

You can make small fields of bag balls to help coral the bunnies, and the bagballs decay in like 20 minutes. As long as the rabbits can move, and hit you, it should be legal.
This is NOT legal, you can NOT trap creatures. I personally would not page on someone for this, but others may.

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Blocking spawn is an actionable offense I cant believe peeps are suggesting it lol

Reactions: dvv

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Blocking spawn is an actionable offense I cant believe peeps are suggesting it lol
Yeah I saw someone doing that today on my shard in moonglow, which doesn't make sense because the fields are already fenced in...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Blocking spawn so that it cannot hit or damage you or your pets is illegal....

If you're just bag balling a small area so that it cannot run away but can still hit you....is that the same??

Murderer's get off on such technicalities......

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blocking spawn so that it cannot hit or damage you or your pets is illegal....

If you're just bag balling a small area so that it cannot run away but can still hit you....is that the same??

Murderer's get off on such technicalities......
You are still trapping a creature inside a barrier of some sort so going to say it can still be an actionable offense if you are paged on.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh I would agree with you S_S totally...I have warned my guild about it, I wouldn't risk it.....

BUT like I said....loopholes and technicalities....

*sighs*

Yes it's a little harder to chase those little buggers all over heck and back lol when you are using an open field like Skara or Yew but it's fun too!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe you can create the corral, but you need to leave at least 1 tile open… but if your character happens to be standing on that tile the bunny will not push through you and escape. Since 1 tile is open and the creature can still attack you, I believe this is legal.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I would agree with you S_S totally...I have warned my guild about it, I wouldn't risk it.....

BUT like I said....loopholes and technicalities....

*sighs*

Yes it's a little harder to chase those little buggers all over heck and back lol when you are using an open field like Skara or Yew but it's fun too!
If you stay in war mode and click it's bar it will stay within just a tile or two. No chasing needed.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is NOT legal, you can NOT trap creatures. I personally would not page on someone for this, but others may.
Blacking spawn so it cannot move, or attack you is illegal. Keeping it contained with you in an area is not. As long as it can hit you, it shoikd be fine.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blacking spawn so it cannot move, or attack you is illegal. Keeping it contained with you in an area is not. As long as it can hit you, it shoikd be fine.
Agree to disagree on this.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you stay in war mode and click it's bar it will stay within just a tile or two. No chasing needed.
Uhh....that doesn't happen for me lol. My pet starts going after it and then it takes off lol. I go into war mode, have my pet guard me, plant it, the minute it pops I hit it once and then VROOOOM it's gone! lol.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhh....that doesn't happen for me lol. My pet starts going after it and then it takes off lol. I go into war mode, have my pet guard me, plant it, the minute it pops I hit it once and then VROOOOM it's gone! lol.
You have to keep clicking it's bar until it's dead to have it stay within those tiles.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to keep clicking it's bar until it's dead to have it stay within those tiles.
The bunny attacks the planter, so if your pet is on guard mode, the pet will auto attack the bunny. No bars needed and the pet will chase it all over the place, the tamer does not have to move.

@Larisa you do not have to be in war mode, unless you like that music.

Same with an archer, they will attck the bunny without bars and keep attacking as long as it is range. Then if the bunny runs out of range the archer will attack again when it returns to range.

Yall are trying to make this too complicated. Pop on LS and Ill show you how easy it is without using bars or war mode.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bunny attacks the planter, so if your pet is on guard mode, the pet will auto attack the bunny. No bars needed and the pet will chase it all over the place, the tamer does not have to move.

@Larisa you do not have to be in war mode, unless you like that music.

Same with an archer, they will attck the bunny without bars and keep attacking as long as it is range. Then if the bunny runs out of range the archer will attack again when it returns to range.

Yall are trying to make this too complicated. Pop on LS and Ill show you how easy it is without using bars or war mode.
We aren't talking about targeting it, we are talking about keeping it within a tile or two after it spawns so you don't have to chase it down to loot it. Seems like you tried to make it a whole different subject.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We aren't talking about targeting it, we are talking about keeping it within a tile or two after it spawns so you don't have to chase it down to loot it. Seems like you tried to make it a whole different subject.
Definitely not a thing for melee fighting

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Definitely not a thing for melee fighting
Why not? I just tried it on my archer and it worked fine. The bunny never moved more than 4 tiles from me. I would assume a dexxor would work exactly the same.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play with two mystics and invite/welcome a 3rd or 4th player to join in:) The more thorns, planted quickly the better the chance of a drop or even 2 drops sometimes. With just two charcters in field, I feel like I am throwing away a 3rd egg that someone else could get...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Negative, Ghost Rider. Just did it on my swordsman and it worked fine and never moved my dexxor a single tile.
I don't understand what you mean. I am standing 1 square away when I plant, they always run. I am not going to use a Melee guy anyway. Pet works fine. My tamer swings at them and they run away.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Haven't tried it but if your tamer has peacemaking you might try area peacemake and it should stand still for a bit

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand what you mean. I am standing 1 square away when I plant, they always run. I am not going to use a Melee guy anyway. Pet works fine. My tamer swings at them and they run away.
Many mobs have a “run away” action at some point, usually when they get low on life. Vorpal bunnies have it pretty much all the time. In either case, if you pull up the health bar, get in war mode, and constantly double click the health bar it will counter the “run away”. In essence you’ll be double clicking the health bar till it dies.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many mobs have a “run away” action at some point, usually when they get low on life. Vorpal bunnies have it pretty much all the time. In either case, if you pull up the health bar, get in war mode, and constantly double click the health bar it will counter the “run away”. In essence you’ll be double clicking the health bar till it dies.
Finally... someone who gets it! I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally... someone who gets it! I didn't think it was that hard to understand.
I have not used a melee toon on them. So, I have no need to do this. Pet keeps killing even if they run into the guard zone.

But good info for melee toons that like to constantly click.

Thanks

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dear God, drop thorn, pull a target cursor (anatomy, lore, something), hold ctrl-shift and wait for it....

Bunny pops, pull bar (its a timing thing, work on it) and jam on an attacklast macro til dead. Rinse-->repeat

I guess those of us who were around when vorpals were released and there was no such thing as ctrl-shift....suppose were a bit more OG at it

Reactions: S_S

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In cc make a macro that is "select nearest hostile" and you'll get the bunnys bar up
Do this @Gidge When you did not plant.

Select Nearest
1680663713977.png

Click in the right box and hold.
Highlight Hostile and let go.
1680663815106.png

Looks like this
1680663864633.png

Apply.

Click all kill before bunny Pops.

Press the Macro
1680664182702.png

Kill the bunnies icon.

You can whack it with your stick also by adding this:

1680664274275.png

Looks Like:
1680664304328.png

Puts you in war mode when you add the second part.

Collect Eggs.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I always ask ppl in Fel how they target me so fast.... "it all comes down to skill" they say. So I guess you are probably one of those "squishy players from tram" they'd say... what I gathered from it all was im/you're slow in game mechanics. Sry didn't help much but don't force yourself to be who you aren't. They have 3rd party clients for that. Hehe