• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

vorpal bunnies

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How is everyone doing on the green thorns to get eggs?

I did a small sample this morning (17 thorns) and got only 3 eggs between 4 accounts. I tried both partied and un partied. This was in tram near a guard zone, if anyone has noticed issues with that.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Try with a lucksuite and luck statue, when you get over 3k luck you will hopefully get a lot more drops.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes guard zone is odd, half of some fields are in guard zone especially in Moonglow.

HIGH LUCK! As much as you can possibly get, the higher the better, I cannot stress this enough.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 of us did it with 150 thorns, all wearing max/almost max luck suits. We did not hit the luck statue yet. After all 150 thorns, we averaged about 90 eggs each.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I've found its usually stays above 50% up to 90% doing them in batches of 20. 2600+ luck, no statue. Lowest run I got 12 eggs highest was 18. I've only done 5 runs... it also helped when I realized they can drop on corpse as well, though not as often it seems maybe 1-3 in a run.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
the eggs arent shardbound so you xfer to any shards and pick rewards you want they are cheap so worth xfering eggs

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
From the patch notes:

Green thorns planted in fields during the months of April & May will spawn a miniaturized version of the Alchemist’s Abomination!
Each of the top 3 contributors have a chance to acquire a Counterfeit Egg, with luck assisting that chance
There is also a chance an extra egg can be found on the corpse of the rabbit
Counterfeit Eggs can be turned into the Counterfeit Commodities Trader at the Britain Commons for rewards

2 months, everyone (hopefully) is going to have TONS of eggs.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also ran a sample. 20 thorns = 1 egg.

Waste of time.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the eggs arent shardbound so you xfer to any shards and pick rewards you want they are cheap so worth xfering eggs

Yeah see people already asking to buy them and said they were transferring them off the shard lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
60 Thorns 130 eggs 3 toons. I think the reward prices are going to be higher than posted.

` 2400 Luck on each. 3600 with statue hour.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
2 characters. One with the 1300 luck from statue. One with luck suit and statue 4190 luck. 60 thorns got me 71 eggs. Partied characters. Took turns planting thorns so the timer delay was off the table.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also ran a sample. 20 thorns = 1 egg.

Waste of time.
How much luck do you have?

It seems that you have to have at LEAST 3000 luck to get a guaranteed egg every time.

At 2700 I am getting at least 1 egg every 2 thorns.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Party works so you only have to open 1 corpse.

Planter tells pet to guard, Rabbit will attack planter. Pull pet off at 1/3 or so damage. Put another pet on, pull pet off at another 1/3 damage, put last pet on. 4K luck is almost guarantee drop for that player.

I guess it would be easier in EC since it shows mob bars. I just chase the rabbit around until I can get bars up.

We are sharing the 4 field plot in Moonglow. 3 groups on their own little square, we have been able to just kill our own.

Probably better if you use your crappy pet. Very low resists on the bunnies.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Next 60 Thorns got me 121 eggs. 3 toons ` 2500 luck on each guy.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I had really low luck 1515 on my archer and got 43 in a couple hours, couldn't find any luck gear on my shard and even if I could I'm a broke player from back in the day before inflation lol so just scrounged up the 150's I could find on the VS. No pretty rare eggs yet, still looking for those!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had really low luck 1515 on my archer and got 43 in a couple hours, couldn't find any luck gear on my shard and even if I could I'm a broke player from back in the day before inflation lol so just scrounged up the 150's I could find on the VS. No pretty rare eggs yet, still looking for those!
What shard?

Xoos

Journeyman
I could hook up a fellow Legends player with an old luck suit. I've got an old slightly used caster suit if that works. Just send me a message here with your char name.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How much luck do you have?

It seems that you have to have at LEAST 3000 luck to get a guaranteed egg every time.

At 2700 I am getting at least 1 egg every 2 thorns.
Zero luck.

I understand it's important but I don't bother building it into my outfits.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They are vorpal bunnies, they hit for like...1? Just throw a luck suit on, any luck will help.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are vorpal bunnies, they hit for like...1? Just throw a luck suit on, any luck will help.
UGH....I don't even own one!

*grumbles and starts shopping*

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

800 luck, 250 thorns gave my 4 accounts 196 eggs, not great(3000 luck and i may have had over 750 eggs) but its more than i would have gotten doing the spawn for the same time frame, so its a win in my book.

Spawn, 10 eggs per spawn, every 30 minutes. Max 20 eggs an hour, if your the only one there.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Turn in points, start throwing things away! LOL get the Lucky Charm and the Jewelry Set that's 300 Luck.
Blackthorns? Do you do that dungeon? Get the robe/Epps for another 150

Just find some random pieces! lol

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
800 luck, 250 thorns gave my 4 accounts 196 eggs, not great(3000 luck and i may have had over 750 eggs) but its more than i would have gotten doing the spawn for the same time frame, so its a win in my book.

Spawn, 10 eggs per spawn, every 30 minutes. Max 20 eggs an hour, if your the only one there.
you can bring ej accounts for spawning bunny i use 10 accounts to spawn 10 thorn take 20 seconds and kill them with my 3 luck accounts loot....repeat use 10 thorns....your ej can be hidden....nothing illegal so you can get 300 eggs per hour easy

if you are 2 people someone can do the job spawning bunnies non stop and the other kills them

Samhain

Adventurer
With around 3000 luck I get at least one egg the majority of the time. I am seeing people mention other accounts and EJ's, the only way I see that working is if they are partied. I have, however, not gotten a single drop with any partied character. Has anyone else had any luck partying and getting drops? Something I am not doing right?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With around 3000 luck I get at least one egg the majority of the time. I am seeing people mention other accounts and EJ's, the only way I see that working is if they are partied. I have, however, not gotten a single drop with any partied character. Has anyone else had any luck partying and getting drops? Something I am not doing right?
I had my guys partied the whole time. The individual players luck determines whether they get a drop or not.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, so three of us went out, each with different luck.
we did 33 thorns and the breakdown was like this:

1) 1500 luck = 12 eggs
2) 2980 luck = 25 eggs
3) 4180 luck = 36 eggs

those numbers include the odd egg each fella found on the dead bunny which i estimate to be around 10% of the time.
my guy with 4180 luck got an egg every single time regardless of how much damage he did.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My first round for 1 hour, while a bit inefficient on time, was 44 thorns = 89 eggs. 4 accounts, average luck was 2400.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, totally not sarcastic here. Millions for a luck suit? No luck suit, no egg. Read between the lines here. DEVS?? enough said.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep, we've been in the know for awhile now, enough time to start throwing things away to get turn in points.

Luck Jewel Set + Lucky Charm is 550 Luck right there.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you can reforge and imbue a luck suit and that costs you next to nothing and will get you into the 1500-1800 range, then hit the statue and your mid to high 2500-2800 and your total investment is going to be going out and getting some mushrooms for the imbuing.
everything in this game is dependent upon luck, always has been.
people that cry every time someone shows them how much more productive they can be with just some basic luck.... well they are just being lazy.
you have literally had 25 years to do something that will take you a hour.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
noticed something interesting last night.
my hour of my luck statue ended right when a rabbit popped up and my tamer that had super high luck and had gotten an egg on every rabbit for that entire hour... well the instant his luck ran out he didn't get an egg.
so 4180 luck - egg every time.
the instant I dropped down to 2730 i didn't get an egg.
the threshold for 100% must be 3000 - 3500 ?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wore a 4200 luck suit and got an egg every time, all hour. then when dropped down to 2400 i didn't get many eggs. my other char has 3005 luck suit and she got an egg not every time but maybe 75% of time, and a bunch from the corpses.

Frodo The Great

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Egg Hues aswell i see! They are pretty nice! a Nice Blue and a Fire looking one! :) not in the collection i got from last time so i guess they are new! :)

Jaida

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
38 Thorns With Luck Statue Bonus
Tamer 1: 3614 luck = 36 eggs
Tamer 2: 3280 luck = 34 eggs
Macer 1: 2865 luck = 28 eggs (macer picked up extra eggs off corpses)
Total = 98 eggs

38 Thorns Without Luck Statue
Tamer 1: 2314 luck = 22 eggs
Tamer 2: 2080 luck = 20 eggs
Macer 1: 1665 luck = 16 eggs (macer picked up extra eggs off corpses)
Total = 58 eggs

Difference of 40 eggs for 38 thorns with/without luck statue.

ToadFrog

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Man, I need that statue. What is the best way to get it? grind in Destard while collecting stuff to turn in for the jewel set?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, I need that statue. What is the best way to get it? grind in Destard while collecting stuff to turn in for the jewel set?
Or on Monday turn in 5 eggs and get that skull luck reward - does the same thing as the 10th Anni Luck Sculpture ( I think, I haven't got the skull yet but will get one tomorrow)

ToadFrog

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Oh, I didn't know the skull was the same thing. I will just get that. And like 5 pairs of the earrings eventually.

I didn't know you can use someone else's - I will run around Luna - I bet I can find a public one pretty fast. Thanks!

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been known for over a month
you can reforge and imbue a luck suit and that costs you next to nothing and will get you into the 1500-1800 range, then hit the statue and your mid to high 2500-2800 and your total investment is going to be going out and getting some mushrooms for the imbuing.
everything in this game is dependent upon luck, always has been.
people that cry every time someone shows them how much more productive they can be with just some basic luck.... well they are just being lazy.
you have literally 25 years to do something that will take you a hour.
I hate the pay to play aspect of the game. I will admit, I have used it ONCE, and only ONCE, attempting to skill up characters from and ANCIENT account.
But, easy is not the easiest thing to do without the SUCCESS RATE of 100 %, available in the UO Store for approx 10 bucks.
1680708837496.png

If you would, with your most crafted Imbuer, show you "Success Rate" without using this tool. Please make it a piece with ALL the other items you would add to it. NOT easy without tool.

I mean no disrespect here, just looking for yourself, or anyone else too post the "Success Rate" without this tool.

Thanks, be safe.

Hazel of LS

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hate the pay to play aspect of the game. I will admit, I have used it ONCE, and only ONCE, attempting to skill up characters from and ANCIENT account.
But, easy is not the easiest thing to do without the SUCCESS RATE of 100 %, available in the UO Store for approx 10 bucks.
View attachment 142225

If you would, with your most crafted Imbuer, show you "Success Rate" without using this tool. Please make it a piece with ALL the other items you would add to it. NOT easy without tool.

I mean no disrespect here, just looking for yourself, or anyone else too post the "Success Rate" without this tool.

Thanks, be safe.

Hazel of LS
It's definitely not worth trying without tool but we became pay to play with EJ

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's definitely not worth trying without tool but we became pay to play with EJ
So true. The one week alacrity token (part of the EJ package) is what I used. I was uncertain if it could be used on paying account, so I bought it, and my EJ account used it. Party members get 45 seconds (if I remember correctly) of skill boost, and do not have to stay close. If they leave a certain radius, the timer expires and they must get in range again to get a 'refresh' on timer.

Be safe.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So true. The one week alacrity token (part of the EJ package) is what I used. I was uncertain if it could be used on paying account, so I bought it, and my EJ account used it. Party members get 45 seconds (if I remember correctly) of skill boost, and do not have to stay close. If they leave a certain radius, the timer expires and they must get in range again to get a 'refresh' on timer.

Be safe.
Regular accounts can use i have trained many characters with it party up three accounts and it's like everyone ate every blue scroll at once

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
View attachment 142225

Thanks, be safe.

Hazel of LS
you dont need to use the tool to make a serviceable luck suit.
if you want to make a MAX luck suit then yes, you will need to use that tool.
but i run 90% luck suits on all my miners and all my lesser tamers and they work just fine.
all you need is a bunch of those mushrooms that you get off the ground that you need for imbing luck.
make a couple of the part you need, lets say some legs.
so make 10 leather legs, imbue them with 90 luck each then enhance them with spined leather to get the +40 luck boost.
out of the 10 you made you are gonna get a couple that live.
then you can add extra stuff onto the pieces that lived.
LRC, LMC whatever.
do that will all the pieces and you now have a 90% luck suit.
hit the luck statue and now your cooking!
without doing anything hard your at 1300 luck.
then if you feel spice you can start adding better things too it.
like the luck sandals or the turn in ring and watch and the turn in talisman.
then your up into the 1600-1800 range.
hit the luck statue and add another 1000 luck your just shy of 3000 luck.
again, with very little effort.

Last edited: