• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread Pirates and Tmaps

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just made a post over at you know where and tagged you know who. Does anyone else agree that we have been cheated out of high level maps from Dreads for long enough, since they were advertised when High Seas first came out ? I like to do Tmaps, but I also like to earn them. I've been a fan of High Seas since it came out and have spent more than my fair share of time out on the open seas. I should be able to acquire Tmaps there. (And before you say it, no, a level 2 chest from a sea serpent is not what I'm talking about ) I mean, it doesn't take Rocket Science to know that Pirate Lore has always gone hand in hand with Pirate Treasure. For there not to be Tmaps on Dread loot is just , well, idiotic. I'm not saying a Hoard map should be on every Pirate corpse, but there should absolutely be a map of some random level on each........and..........every.......Dread Pirate....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always been a pet peeve of mine that what was advertised was not what was delivered when it came to Dread Pirates and T Maps. I like the idea of the pirate maps, maybe make them on random islands and of random levels with generally pirate themed loot inside of them.....

makes you track down some Hag somewhere..
You really don't want to track my X wife down..........

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always been a pet peeve of mine that what was advertised was not what was delivered when it came to Dread Pirates and T Maps. I like the idea of the pirate maps, maybe make them on random islands and of random levels with generally pirate themed loot inside of them.....

You really don't want to track my X wife down..........
I would be ok with random levels, but someone replied on the official page with a link, and the original gameplay that was advertised to us was...

Level 7 Treasure Chests
  • These maps can be found in Level 6 treasure chests, in the pirates hold and a rare chance on one of the boss mobs. You will see a few new creatures and lots of booty ! This is not a solo encounter.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is the perfect example of how a little developers communication would go a long way...I'm sure it's a simple matter of being missed but rather than an oops we forgot but it's fixed now we get the stone wall of silence

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Dread Pirates don't drop Dread Pirate Hats
Impaler is not dropping Impaler Pick
and so on.... Knowing this pirates who have no treasure maps on them do make sense, lol.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Pirates don't drop Dread Pirate Hats
Impaler is not dropping Impaler Pick
and so on.... Knowing this pirates who have no treasure maps on them do make sense, lol.
ARRRRRRR, YE LANDLUBBERS AIN'T A-GONNA BE GETTING YER GRUBBY MITTS ON ME BOOTY SO EASILY! ME GOTS NO PARCHMENTS FER YE TA PLUNDER!!