• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else having log-in issues currently?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As the title states... anyone else having trouble logging in? Five accts and I can't log in to any of them at the moment.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes guess i can delet my post. all accounts say password is wrong. i could log into uo.com but cant post there cause of some weird bug.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Posted on March 28, 2023 by Mesanna

Greetings all.
We will be doing maintenance on all warehouses at 9 am ET on 3/29/2023 we will be bringing down the log in servers, character transfers, housing, and the in game store. These will be down for approx. 2 hours at the most. If anything happens to delay this we will let you guys know as soon as possible.
Thank you,
UO Team

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Posted on March 28, 2023 by Mesanna

Greetings all.
We will be doing maintenance on all warehouses at 9 am ET on 3/29/2023 we will be bringing down the log in servers, character transfers, housing, and the in game store. These will be down for approx. 2 hours at the most. If anything happens to delay this we will let you guys know as soon as possible.
Thank you,
UO Team
Thank you. Honestly can't even say the last time I was on UO.Com

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for posting..... I hope there will not be a time revert..... just did about 25 BoDs before trying to switch toons.....

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That's what I get for trying to log in before Coffee & reading Stratics! Spent 20 min rebooting my computer and trouble shooting my log in challenge.

You would think after all there years I would have it down. Get coffee, Check Stratics, Log In.

*Checks the coffee steaming on the fire and blesses it as an enhancement*

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's what I get for trying to log in before Coffee & reading Stratics! Spent 20 min rebooting my computer and trouble shooting my log in challenge.

You would think after all there years I would have it down. Get coffee, Check Stratics, Log In.
This is usually what I do... I will warn you though that it depends on which rabbit hole you go down here (or other forum) before logging into the game. I've checked stratics a couple times and run out of time before I have to leave for work so I don't log in to the game.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This is usually what I do... I will warn you though that it depends on which rabbit hole you go down here (or other forum) before logging into the game. I've checked stratics a couple times and run out of time before I have to leave for work so I don't log in to the game.
That just speaks to the quality of Stratics posts! haha!

*Coffee seams to be ready, takes it off the fire and pours a cup of cold spring water into it to press down the grounds*

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update: Maintenance has be extended an additional 2 hours.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
12 noon eastern 03.29.2023 still unable to authenicate ......so we're 3 hours past the 9 am maintenance start. Guess they ran into some delay past their 2 hour window. I'll give benefit of the doubt and they might not be able to post? Idk

Zelda of Zed

Adventurer
looks like another hour before we can get on. The logon screen says it has been extended for 2 hours. So that would be around 1 pm est.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
looks like another hour before we can get on. The logon screen says it has been extended for 2 hours. So that would be around 1 pm est.
Thanks for that update. News didn't load for me when trying to log in.
Edit to add ~ I see on the UO.com page that maintenance has been extended with no time frame given.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1680106740136.png

Because they don't want to be tied down to a specific time frame and have ppl saying OMG YOU SAID 2 HOURS WHAT THE HECK????

They never learn, they should have said that in the first place.

We should all know by now that it's always longer so why everyone freaks out is beyond me.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Maybe we should all brainstorm on a page for the player guide on Stratics.

What a player should do when the system is in maintenance, down, or you just can't log on......

Ok Go!

*Dips his pen of wisdom in the inkwell and opens a leather bound journal, then looks towards you with expectations*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be great when people are having these problems to state their location.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
View attachment 141929

Because they don't want to be tied down to a specific time frame and have ppl saying OMG YOU SAID 2 HOURS WHAT THE HECK????

They never learn, they should have said that in the first place.

We should all know by now that it's always longer so why everyone freaks out is beyond me.
This isn’t a player issue. It’s not unreasonable to expect exactly what they say they’re going to go do.

Are we surprised? No.
Are they probably going to catch some grief over it? Yes.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe we should all brainstorm on a page for the player guide on Stratics.

What a player should do when the system is in maintenance, down, or you just can't log on......

Ok Go!

*Dips his pen of wisdom in the inkwell and opens a leather bound journal, then looks towards you with expectations*
Um go play places that the maintenance doesn't take as long, has custom content and the staff communicates?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This isn’t a player issue. It’s not unreasonable to expect exactly what they say they’re going to go do.

Are we surprised? No.
Are they probably going to catch some grief over it? Yes.
Never said it was a player issue, that's why I said they never learn...they should NEVER give a specific time frame for these types of things because they NEVER end on time.

We are starting an all warehouse maintenance this morning, we don't have an estimated time frame but will update you periodically.

Simple and effective and won't cause people to freak the freak out when they can't log in at 2 hours and one second :/

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Never said it was a player issue, that's why I said they never learn...they should NEVER give a specific time frame for these types of things because they NEVER end on time.

We are starting an all warehouse maintenance this morning, we don't have an estimated time frame but will update you periodically.

Simple and effective and won't cause people to freak the freak out when they can't log in at 2 hours and one second :/
It was implied when you said "everyone freaks out". It's a normal response when they fail to do what they said they were going to do, not once, but twice.

But I get what you're saying. They should have learned to not give timelines. Or at a minimum if you're approaching said timeline, don't wait an hour past that mark to post the update saying it's going to take longer.

utilitron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If it is any consolation, it is breaking differently now. The message reads "There is some problem communicating with Origin" So there is that.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well.. when I looked at it, and posted the last message, it said it was extended for 2 more hours.
Where does it say 2 more hours?

Greetings all.

Thank you,

UO Team

Update: Maintenance has been extended. We will provide additional updates as soon as possible.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Got in but I had to click the full system check box first so if you have trouble, try that.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They should have learned to not give timelines. Or at a minimum if you're approaching said timeline, don't wait an hour past that mark to post the update saying it's going to take longer.
This is NOT the answer in my opinion to be more vague. It blows my mind that the solution to being terrible at project management is to give less instead of more. It makes them look even more incompetent.

The way they handled it wasn't too bad... gave a timeline that was too short and then updated they still needed time but all they really need to do is stick to the timelines and maybe give a longer timeline (under promise / over deliver). The PM in me says the right answer would simply being up front with the players and say something like "we are anticipating a downtime of 2-4 hours but this may increase due to unforeseen issues"; it gives a time range with a little wiggle room.

I don't think people should freak out and hit the forums at 2 hours and 1 minute but at the same time just saying "we are doing maintenance and will let you know when we are done" is piss poor project management simply because the team doesn't want to be accountable to timelines.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is NOT the answer in my opinion to be more vague. It blows my mind that the solution to being terrible at project management is to give less instead of more. It makes them look even more incompetent.

The way they handled it wasn't too bad... gave a timeline that was too short and then updated they still needed time but all they really need to do is stick to the timelines and maybe give a longer timeline (under promise / over deliver). The PM in me says the right answer would simply being up front with the players and say something like "we are anticipating a downtime of 2-4 hours but this may increase due to unforeseen issues"; it gives a time range with a little wiggle room.

I don't think people should freak out and hit the forums at 2 hours and 1 minute but at the same time just saying "we are doing maintenance and will let you know when we are done" is piss poor project management simply because the team doesn't want to be accountable to timelines.
You're sounding more and more McDougle like everyday

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I mean the bar isn’t very high to begin with and my expectations are low. I’ve done project management, planning, scheduling etc for years, but based on the history of the game, that does not appear to apply. Look at NL.

Regardless, I don’t got a lot riding on this.