• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I wish..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That we could also have East facing houses. Not sure why this was never a thing. Every container faces either south or east, every piece of furniture minus chairs...faces south or east...forges, looms, vet reward items...south or east...Housing...South only. It seems to me the only thing preventing this from happening are the steps, doors already face...yep, south and east. I would post this on the official forum but I have plenty of Kyronix "Thanks for the feedback" responses.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would LOVE this! I have wanted this for as long as I have been playing.

I know that messing with the housing is probably a big no-no but we can dream! :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can see your point but look at the size of plot a castle would take if the same spacing that south facing plots take up.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
32x32 is the same in either direction
Castles are really 34 wide and I think it is what 5 or 6 spaces to the south and north so what 42. You have to take into account the dead spaces around every plot no matter if it is a 9x9 or a 32x32. If they allowed you to rotate a house then they would need to have the same dead space for east and west as they do for north and south. Housing takes up more space than just the plot size when it comes to programing or you would have houses touching each other.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The mechanics around placing would remain the same. It’s just a matter of inserting the graphics art for east facing outer steps. Period.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
In this age friends we place our front steps and doors facing south to take full advantage of the Sun's light and warmth while it migrates from east to west.

*throws another log on the fire, while considering random thoughts of the youthful*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mechanics around placing would remain the same. It’s just a matter of inserting the graphics art for east facing outer steps. Period.
No, right now there is only 1 space required on the east and west side of a house, if you were allowed to place an east facing house then you would need to have the same space to the east as a south facing house, so no it is not that simple.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Frodo is correct.

If they implemented East facing houses, there wouldn't be nearly as many houses in Luna, not to mention all the houses that are 2 tiles apart on the west and east sides. Rules state that you have to have at least 5 spaces in the back.

If they implemented East facing, the West side would be the back.

So instead of Luna looking like this:

1679853594889.png

It would look like this:

1679853617385.png

And the rest of the lands would be the same. True, the lands would not look so cramped which would be a nice thing! But it's more then just adding East outside steps for sure, a majority of the houses would be illegally placed and cause a whole bunch of issues.

mihali

Sage
Frodo is correct.

If they implemented East facing houses, there wouldn't be nearly as many houses in Luna, not to mention all the houses that are 2 tiles apart on the west and east sides. Rules state that you have to have at least 5 spaces in the back.

If they implemented East facing, the West side would be the back.

So instead of Luna looking like this:

View attachment 141862

It would look like this:

View attachment 141863

And the rest of the lands would be the same. True, the lands would not look so cramped which would be a nice thing! But it's more then just adding East outside steps for sure, a majority of the houses would be illegally placed and cause a whole bunch of issues.
Yes, and it would open a gigantic can of worms.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Only if people wanted to change their existing house from south facing to east facing, should such a thing be implemented. Existing houses wouldn’t be effected until or unless they are demolished or fall.

At which point, all the same mechanics would need to be taken into consideration.

It’s not really worth arguing about anyway, since the dev team will never implement such a thing because it would require them to do some work.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That we could also have East facing houses. Not sure why this was never a thing. Every container faces either south or east, every piece of furniture minus chairs...faces south or east...forges, looms, vet reward items...south or east...Housing...South only. It seems to me the only thing preventing this from happening are the steps, doors already face...yep, south and east. I would post this on the official forum but I have plenty of Kyronix "Thanks for the feedback" responses.
While you all would like that you have to remember that we have house placement rules that say you have to have 1 space all around save the south where the door is where you have to have 5 tiles ..... do you really want to **** housing for people and have us have to have 5 tiles south AND EAST? As that would really put a bunch of people in a pickle.

Consider that. Yes I know a lot of folks would like East... but that just is not going to work... imagine if your door was on the east and someone placed their house right there... 1 tile over... Larisa is correct this would REALLY screw housing, especially in areas like Luna... Just saying ... while it seems nice.. you can't do it... Now that they made the block tiles of houses so you can pass thru them it still would be wrong to have them with the door to the east.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The rules say 5 paces because the rules say 5 paces...hence, the rules can say 1 pace....this is doable, with change, but doable.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
...we could have all Luna city houses pay taxes so when I go to the slums of Luna and see all the ppl sitting at the moongate/bank I could tel them government releif is on its way for you and that ruffled cu, flappy, lizard, parrot, etc... then I would ask for my east facing plot, that makes no difference to the poverty that Luna moongate/bank suffers from. Though I do see more squatting space available with the east face plot via @Larisa

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have made a few of my homes with the porch facing east and a little side stairs to go up. It just seems more natural to me. It's been beat out of me for the most part, but when I do build a customized home the urge is there. :) #teameast hehe

I also want more things to face both ways. or all 4 ways. I continually dream of a bandage fountain tower.