• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just got an update and now my log in is broke

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was logging in and got the update. Everything is fine until I try and choose a shard then this little 1" square pops up. I don't have a choice but to click ok or the X. But either choice just shuts the game down. Any ideas why?

Screenshot 2023-01-24 211601.jpg

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Whoa big patch...try a full file check?

I am patching now so we'll see what happens.

Everything works for me...so I would do a full file check and see if that helps.

So everything is not fine, I am able to log in but when I log OUT I get that fatal box.

Gonna do what I suggested and see what happens.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1674614375105.png

I get this every time I log out. None of my macros are working when I am logged in.

*sighs*

Wondering what they messed up this time! lol UGH!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is the first time I have ever had an Avast pop up

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Operator errors.

You have to exempt UO from your Virus program because it makes changes.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Interesting... first the website isn't working properly and now the game isn't working right after a patch? What's going on here?

Also is the tinker door fix a real thing? If so, how did that get fast tracked to be fixed over the dozens of other bugs that have been called out for months (and longer)?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Interesting... first the website isn't working properly and now the game isn't working right after a patch? What's going on here?

Also is the tinker door fix a real thing? If so, how did that get fast tracked to be fixed over the dozens of other bugs that have been called out for months (and longer)?
Their website is not working every time they add new post on main page.

I really don't understand how much harm can gost do and first floor of all my houses is widely open anyway.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My patcher also crashed and gave me an error when running it last night. It was a strange error I had never seen before. Should have screen grabbed it, but was too tired.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
No trouble logging in this morning.

*Turns back towards the trail and heads out on a fresh new day of adventure*

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some reason I keep getting logged out and have restart the client. It’s 6 times in last couple hours. That’s never happened before. Could be a local thing.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have avast also and have the same problem. The update triggered the ransom ware shield, wanting permission for the new patch to be allowed. I guess depending on the sensitivity of your virus protection these problems can occur.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
vet rewards and valentines gifts are on tc1

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well today after I did the update. It seems I no longer need to do the double log in when flipping back and forth between characters on the same account.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After patch, antivirus would not allow me to log into the game, until I figured out how to lower restrictions to UO client.exe. Still getting this warning daily when i reboot my laptop! This is possibly affecting the ability to remain logged into the forums. How difficult is getting a valid digital signature? I would not call this user error!

UO alert.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After patch, antivirus would not allow me to log into the game, until I figured out how to lower restrictions to UO client.exe. Still getting this warning daily when i reboot my laptop! This is possibly affecting the ability to remain logged into the forums. How difficult is getting a valid digital signature? I would not call this user error!

View attachment 139956
Ya I got that a few days after they fixed the signature issue on one of my devices. But it did not stop anything from loading.

I have been usering the forums on 3 different type devices every day and only had the issue when the signature was expired.

So what do you call it when 80 people can user it but 3 can not?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya I got that a few days after they fixed the signature issue on one of my devices. But it did not stop anything from loading.

I have been usering the forums on 3 different type devices every day and only had the issue when the signature was expired.

So what do you call it when 80 people can user it but 3 can not?
Poor website management?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poor website management?
If 100% could not use it. Yes. Poor Chrome management is an equally valid answer. But we both know neither is the case. I know you have been able to log in every day.

This thread was about a player not being able to log into UO. Which players have been able to log into UO every day for many years.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If 100% could not use it. Yes. Poor Chrome management is an equally valid answer. But we both know neither is the case. I know you have been able to log in every day.

This thread was about a player not being able to log into UO. Which players have been able to log into UO every day for many years.
So you saying both Vic and larisa are at fault?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you saying both Vic and larisa are at fault?
So Kyronix should go to their house and update their browser and see why they keep logging out.

This is going in a circle. 3 people are not able to log in out of hundreds, so it is UOs fault?

Maybe it is the forum makers fault, Vanilla Forums. That is more realistic than your UO hate.

OK now down to 2. Riner changed to Firefox and it works. How does that help your theory?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My theory is that they just don't like me.

I have tried FireFox..HATE FireFox but I downloaded it and tried it..no go

Tried Edge...no go

Use Chrome..no go

Any other suggestions? Everything is updated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My theory is that they just don't like me.

I have tried FireFox..HATE FireFox but I downloaded it and tried it..no go

Tried Edge...no go

Use Chrome..no go

Any other suggestions? Everything is updated.
Do you use an android phone to use it?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I use my phone to make phone calls....crazy right?

No I don't do any of that stuff on my phone.

Okay so I attempted to go to the forums on my phone and it's doing the exact same thing.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya at this point id say you rubbed someone the wrong way

:bs:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use my phone to make phone calls....crazy right?

No I don't do any of that stuff on my phone.

Okay so I attempted to go to the forums on my phone and it's doing the exact same thing.
My phone does it sometimes because I do not want to waste time upgrading Chrome so I tell it no. I found if you log in and it loggs off, Click the little talk bubble that makes a new thread. But instead just click the forum name at the top and dont make a new thread.

When I do that it stays logged on.

More importantly. People use their phone for phone calls still? That is Breaking News! My kids will not believe this!
Next you will say that you leave voicemails when they do not answer! :mindblown:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
whats a voice mail again ? I vaguely remember something about those :confused:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL

You guys crack me up!

It's okay I will just leave my feedback here, I know Kyronix does lurk here from time to time.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your pompom crush so extreme that you ignore vic saying he's good to go on one account using the same browser that doesn't work for another...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your pompom crush so extreme that you ignore vic saying he's good to go on one account using the same browser that doesn't work for another...
Explain in technical terms how that proves it is the forum administration's fault and not Vanilla Forums fault or AWS.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So Kyronix should go to their house and update their browser and see why they keep logging out.

This is going in a circle. 3 people are not able to log in out of hundreds, so it is UOs fault?

Maybe it is the forum makers fault, Vanilla Forums. That is more realistic than your UO hate.

OK now down to 2. Riner changed to Firefox and it works. How does that help your theory?
update it regularly, doubt he could do anything I haven't already. any fresh ideas i'm willing to pay upwards of tree fiddy for assistance.

1675044609144.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1675045133943.png

1675045334823.png

Just in case ya'll think I'm joshin' ya ;)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm so whats really going on @Larisa ? who you piss off most be a newbe

o.0

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do yall leave your PCs on or turn off each day.

First step of troubleshooting is reboot.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I turn mine off every night.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not me only time it reboots is if it auto updates

but I’ll say I’ve always had to re log multiple times a day sometimes over there sometimes just once a day

maybe they can only handle x amount of people logged in at a time and since @Larisa rubbed them wrong she gets booted first ?
:pie:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not me only time it reboots is if it auto updates

but I’ll say I’ve always had to re log multiple times a day sometimes over there sometimes just once a day

maybe they can only handle x amount of people logged in at a time and since @Larisa rubbed them wrong she gets booted first ?
:pie:
McDougle should volunteer to stay logged off so she can get his spot!