• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowguard Solo

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just checking to see if the roof is still solo-able, specifically on a samp.
If so, and tips or advice is appreciated.
Will probably try it this weekend, but need to check to see if I need to craft double axes for undead and elemental slayers.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just checking to see if the roof is still solo-able, specifically on a samp.
If so, and tips or advice is appreciated.
Will probably try it this weekend, but need to check to see if I need to craft double axes for undead and elemental slayers.
They haven't made changes to the roof in years so yes I believe so; especially for something like a disco tamer. I've only used my samp a handful of times solo on the roof because Ozyman (guy on Hiryu) took me forever to kill due to his high parry but I do believe that as a human sampire, you can control a 3 slot vollem (you train it to 120 disco) to help discord him which makes him easier. I think there is probably some sort of art to this though to not have the bosses attack the vollem.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They haven't made changes to the roof in years so yes I believe so; especially for something like a disco tamer. I've only used my samp a handful of times solo on the roof because Ozyman (guy on Hiryu) took me forever to kill due to his high parry but I do believe that as a human sampire, you can control a 3 slot vollem (you train it to 120 disco) to help discord him which makes him easier. I think there is probably some sort of art to this though to not have the bosses attack the vollem.
do you think it’s worth having chivalry? Or maybe swap it out for heating?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
do you think it’s worth having chivalry? Or maybe swap it out for heating?
I wouldn't drop it for healing personally but that's my opinion. IIRC I don't think Ozy or VirtueBane have slayers for them so having Enemy of One (along with Honor) helps get you to the 300 DI Cap for max damage. If you are using a sampire, the more damage you do means the more life leeched so I'd aim to do as much damage as possible. Make sure you have double axes; whenever the boss summons a spawn the mobs can be used for additional life leech.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wouldn't drop it for healing personally but that's my opinion. IIRC I don't think Ozy or VirtueBane have slayers for them so having Enemy of One (along with Honor) helps get you to the 300 DI Cap for max damage. If you are using a sampire, the more damage you do means the more life leeched so I'd aim to do as much damage as possible. Make sure you have double axes; whenever the boss summons a spawn the mobs can be used for additional life leech.
Good call, can you word of death these?

thanks for the input too!

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I take a second account most of the time nowadays disco tamer. Main Samp it makes it a lot quicker (and easier but not technically solo depends how you look at it )

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good call, can you word of death these?

thanks for the input too!
Yep - WOD works on them all which makes Ozy very quick after he gets to that point.

I take a second account most of the time nowadays disco tamer. Main Samp it makes it a lot quicker (and easier but not technically solo depends how you look at it )
Yep - I've done this as well (except it's just my SW/Bard). I run down to disco the boss first and then run provo mastery and throw a gift of renewal on my sampire to go beat down the boss. When they get low enough I hit them with a couple WOD to speed things up. Not only does this make it quicker, it also gives me an extra chance for a artifact drop at the end. It's pretty manageable to do the rooms with 2 accounts and really the only room that is a PITA (for me at least) is the bar because the executioners reflect damage. I think there might be a way to kind of "auto gather" the bottles in your pack to make it easier to throw but I'm not sure how to set that up (or if it's actually a legal thing).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I tell everyone to take a second account and park it in a safe corner somewhere just in case. Virtuebane can break bad and be a huge pita quickly and then you are grey screened... having that second account in the corner has saved the run a time or two for me.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the only room that is a PITA (for me at least) is the bar because the executioners reflect damage. I think there might be a way to kind of "auto gather" the bottles in your pack to make it easier to throw but I'm not sure how to set that up (or if it's actually a legal thing).
in the enhanced client, you can add the bottles to the scavenger agent list. you pickup nearby bottles by holding Ctrl-shift.
you can assign a macro to use the bottles. So no pack interaction needed.

the same can be done for the armory room Items, with additional macros to use the unclean and cleansed phylactery bottle.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can also be used to pick up fountain pieces as well

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
in the enhanced client, you can add the bottles to the scavenger agent list. you pickup nearby bottles by holding Ctrl-shift.

the same can be done for the armory room Items, with additional macros to use the unclean and cleansed phylactery bottle.
Ah very nice... I play CC which probably means that won't be possible for me but is yet another reason I'm tempted to try to tolerate the EC graphics; lots of good perks for using it.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor

Would you mind showing or spelling out what you use for the macro to use the bottles both in the bar and Armory? I have the scavenger but could really use the macro. Thanks

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would you mind showing or spelling out what you use for the macro to use the bottles both in the bar and Armory? I have the scavenger but could really use the macro. Thanks
just drag a bottle into an unused hot bar slot. Then assign a key (via right click) to that slot.

for the unclean phylactery bottle, I assign key ~. For a cleansed bottle, I use shift ~

For the bar, assign a different key to a hot bar slot for the liquor bottle. If you want to get fancy, you can also combine with wait for target cursor + target nearest enemy (in a macro).

so you end up assigning 3 separate actions.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look on Youtube
UO - Shadowguard (Roof) Keying - Complete (Sampire)
There's a guy with a vid i think what you want is about 3.10