• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe a dumb question (Fishing related)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With all this free time now that the event is over and no other limited content is available I've started to look for "other" things to do. One of those things is clear out my Davies locker which is 490/500. I went through the first few pages and it's all OPENED SoS (40+) which has me thinking what I should do with them.

So my question is, do these opened SoS have any real value (either fishing them up or selling them)?

A little background on me in case you do not know but I don't care about decoration so things like grape vines/paintings/chest variations/etc don't interest me so if that's the only reason to fish them up that wouldn't be worth my time. I know things like kelp leggings can be in the chests but given they are only worth maybe 50k, I'd rather just sell these instead of spending time sailing for stuff like that. What I'm really trying to understand is if there is anything I'm overlooking in non-white chest SoS that would be worth the time spent.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The colored nets sell the rest not so much
The SoS are great for clean up points save everything you fish and just trash it all
You can do 30 to 50 an hour once you sort them and get familiar with it
You get 10k to 30k for the regular SoS and 50k for ancient plus you always get a white net worth 1 to 1.5 mil each
I really enjoy doing them. I currently have 710 ancient SoS and 630 regular SoS left

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you're only in it for the money, don't waste your time.

If they are on Origin, I will buy them. I believe everything has value, I enjoy doing SoS's because it's easy and relaxing.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With all this free time now that the event is over and no other limited content is available I've started to look for "other" things to do. One of those things is clear out my Davies locker which is 490/500. I went through the first few pages and it's all OPENED SoS (40+) which has me thinking what I should do with them.

So my question is, do these opened SoS have any real value (either fishing them up or selling them)?

A little background on me in case you do not know but I don't care about decoration so things like grape vines/paintings/chest variations/etc don't interest me so if that's the only reason to fish them up that wouldn't be worth my time. I know things like kelp leggings can be in the chests but given they are only worth maybe 50k, I'd rather just sell these instead of spending time sailing for stuff like that. What I'm really trying to understand is if there is anything I'm overlooking in non-white chest SoS that would be worth the time spent.
Given the fact you are not a deco person, there is probably little use for regular SoSs for you unless you:

a) want to amass trash points, in which case the stuff you get from the chests gives a pretty decent amount of trash points
b) you need things like gems, spell scrolls, raegents or refinements, both of which are in the chests
c) you need imbuing ingredients, in which case you simply unravel the entire chest
d) you simply enjoy fishing them up

I do them for all four reasons above.

Miretar

Journeyman

Over 3.5 million cleanup points through fishing. Some nice deco items and some cash. I also find it relaxing.

mihali

Sage
Given the fact you are not a deco person, there is probably little use for regular SoSs for you unless you:

a) want to amass trash points, in which case the stuff you get from the chests gives a pretty decent amount of trash points
b) you need things like gems, spell scrolls, raegents or refinements, both of which are in the chests
c) you need imbuing ingredients, in which case you simply unravel the entire chest
d) you simply enjoy fishing them up

I do them for all four reasons above.
There are gobs of spell scrolls in these chests. What do people do with these many scrolls? Spellboks or?

Miretar

Journeyman
here are gobs of spell scrolls in these chests. What do people do with these many scrolls? Spellboks or?
Well when we started UO years ago we collected the scrolls for our spellbooks, now I trash them, along with the regs & wands. That stuff is worth almost no CUP points so it goes into a backpack destined for the trash. Weapons, armor, paintings etc. go into a chest for CUP points. I separate the things as I fish them up because otherwuse the CUP chest gets cluttered up with worthless items.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Put some wands on vendor : several shards I visited have none on VS. So was pushed to yell in Help chat to get some.
Kelp leggings sold well on ATL. Can worth up to 1-5 M depends on demand for those. Valkyrie armor is good for any mule character or crafter .
Trash points : it is never bad to have one more set of rings for one more warrior or couple of mannequins for next event suits . Or bowls (forgot the name) to combine armor refinements. Or a vollem to help your warrior with Discord on it.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1st of All I had added gems to my vendor auto sale organizer in uo assist. I recall with chest to Luna Bank and sell gems. Next is moving chest in my bag which is market as autosale bag in assist and walk over to the mages and autosell normal mage scrolls.
Then I Start sorting the rest. Special items will moved out of autosale Stack (chest insider sale bag).
Then I walk again to jewelier and sell, then Provisionen, then Smith.
At lest I trash the chest including the rest items for cleanup.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
1st of All I had added gems to my vendor auto sale organizer in uo assist. I recall with chest to Luna Bank and sell gems. Next is moving chest in my bag which is market as autosale bag in assist and walk over to the mages and autosell normal mage scrolls.
Then I Start sorting the rest. Special items will moved out of autosale Stack (chest insider sale bag).
Then I walk again to jewelier and sell, then Provisionen, then Smith.
At lest I trash the chest including the rest items for cleanup.
you really bother to sell all that stuff to different vendors ?

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are gobs of spell scrolls in these chests. What do people do with these many scrolls? Spellboks or?
I do inscription bulk order deeds, so I use them for that purpose primarily. I could also fill spellbooks I suppose.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I do inscription bulk order deeds, so I use them for that purpose primarily. I could also fill spellbooks I suppose.
Was always wondering how to fill them on macro in EC. supposed I have all 64 in 1 chest

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

one of my lockers had 500 SOS and I just set it to friends and invite people to use what they wish.
1-15-22230005.jpg
So far they used 51 SOS. If I get more I will just toss them in this.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you really bother to sell all that stuff to different vendors ?
using UOA I just set a hot sell bag and they buy what they wish from it, can hit every one of the NPC in Luna this way.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Was always wondering how to fill them on macro in EC. supposed I have all 64 in 1 chest
create a restock agent
(you will have to add each spell to the list)

put spellbook in the container with the spells

click restock & target that spellbook

====

I did this with all scrolls that I loot or get from SOS
then if I run out of spells
I use a feature from Pinco's UI
to fill the full spellbook

this feature will continue to craft until the spellbook is full
(it waits for your mana to get to where it needs to be)
and when all spells are done
you can click the button to add the spells to the book

works great. no need to drag spells to fill books