• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

reward lexicon of juo'nar

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Considering Juo'nar was a paladin, I would expect it to be a chiv book.

Seems most people thought it was a mage book, which it's not.

Yes, it is a chiv book...no clue if the SDI on it works with Chiv spells but it is nice.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
just wanted people to know before they found out the hard way lol. most will be fooled because of the 50 sdi lol, including me

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It gives you the stats when held. You just need to have a full magery spell book in your backpack.

This is a necro book but it is for Magery. Just like the current 50 book on the vendor.

1665703937534.png

.no clue if the SDI on it works with Chiv spells
No.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so if to get the bonuses of the book I have to hold it with one hand, for an archer or swordsman who has chivarly it is impossible to use! or i'm wrong?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a chiv book, to tie in with the lore, but it will be mages that are holding it - or maybe necromancers, given the name on it.

So basically it's a chiv book for mages.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so if to get the bonuses of the book I have to hold it with one hand, for an archer or swordsman who has chivarly it is impossible to use! or i'm wrong?
Yes you could throw away your chivalry book and put this one in your backpack.

It works like a very expensive chivalry book that no one will see.

Any class can hold a spell book and get the bonuses, but warriors will lose quite a bit of damage.

SDI does not work with Chivalry spells.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you could throw away your chivalry book and put this one in your backpack.

It works like a very expensive chivalry book that no one will see.

Any class can hold a spell book and get the bonuses, but warriors will lose quite a bit of damage.

SDI does not work with Chivalry spells.
hummm... ok!
the SDI'll work like rings and bracelet if you use a bow with "hit light and area" (for example)?
i have to try...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hummm... ok!
the SDI'll work like rings and bracelet if you use a bow with "hit light and area" (for example)?
i have to try...
I don't know if SDI on rings make hit spells stronger. Someone else will have to tell us or your testing will determine if they do.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spellbooks with properties that don’t affect the spells in the book is bad design. SDI in this example :/

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How about the mage paladin warrior hybrid... equip to cast spells... toggle to weapon and use the chiv spells?