• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I posted over there complaining about a GM that deleted a stuck Pack horse instead of retrieving it and SHE locks the thread and tells me to write [email protected].
That the Forum isn't the place for my complain then WTF is it for? All Praise Mesanna pom-pom waving pancaking pancake?
The UO Forums staff acted correctly in shutting down your thread. It was a misplaced rant full of unnecessary drama. Bringing up COVID, saying you have a doctors note, offering to 'pay a GM' (after making a public accusation against them), and ending with a threat of "binding arbitration" was simply beyond the pale.

Furthermore, to be clear, that type of non-sense won't be tolerated on Stratics either. Tread lightly.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After reading your post in the locked thread, it appears this would be why you lost your pack horse:

• Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved.
Publish 111 Worldwide – Ultima Online 9/20/21

" I have been down with Covid. The last time I was logged into game I had a high fever. "

Sounds like you logged out with your packhorse, 24 hours passed, and that made your pet go poof.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya there is not one complaint over there. Great observation.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I logged in another char and his mount is gone too. Yet it showed in the followers. But yeah this game is PERFECT and Mesanna is PERFECT! Right? I am a screw and derserve tio lose everything

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I logged in another char and his mount is gone too. Yet it showed in the followers. But yeah this game is PERFECT and Mesanna is PERFECT! Right? I am a screw and derserve tio lose everything
I wonder how many thousands of log ins there have been since you last logged on, and how many of their mounts are gone?

You can not log off with pets with packs. They go wild.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder how many thousands of log ins there have been since you last logged on, and how many of their mounts are gone?

You can not log off with pets with packs. They go wild.
This was a bonded beetle, But please make another Excuse for her ROYAL HIGHNESS AND UO!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In no way defending joire but i log off on my beetle (any pet really) only to be dismounted when I log back in

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was a bonded beetle, But please make another Excuse for her ROYAL HIGHNESS AND UO!
  • Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved. The auto stable is an offline facility where pets can be stored till their owner logs back in – it is not your stable. The offline auto stables are not a part of the transfer process unless a player unloads their pack animals in the world.
    Pack animals that are mounted are stored on your character and can not be lost.

Publish 111 some posters requested that pack animals be exempt from the no going wild. She did what they requested.

So your packy was deleted based on game mechanics. I don't see a flood of posts saying their beetles are gone. Just yours. I guess you are special.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I can understand why they locked the thread there but I also can understand why the original poster thought he'd have, shall we say, more sympathetic leeway here, for both better and worse.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i'm interested to know how this turns out. If a judge throws the case out, can she appeal to the U.S. supreme court ?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I offer to PAY FOR THIER TIME. I don't expect anything FOR FREE. I do have Covid...I am so sorry I DIDN"T DIE TO PROVE IT TO YOU! I do have documentation from the doctor, as I had to have it for WORK!
COVID has nothing to do with whether or not game mechanics should function as intended.

Also we have the right to binding arbitration to settle any disagreement between us and Broadsword it is in the User Agreement. I am Sorry you didn't bother to read it, but I did!
Perhaps you should give consideration to re-reading the User Agreement and understanding the defined terms upon which you could arbitrate an issue. Your lost packie is not one of them.

It's a bummer you lost your pet (and whatever items you say the packy was holding), but
seeing that you are also now posting odd comments and deleting them, and the likelihood that this thread will inevitably spiral whilst leaving a mess for staff to clean up later, I am going to nip this in the bud before letting it go any further. Other posters have provided you with answers and cited publicly available publish notes. It is best to take up your gripe directly with Mesanna from this point forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.