• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hope all you Floridians and Puerto Rico are faring Well

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
We stay down there in the winter, in Punta Gorda. The community had a lot of damage but we seemed to do okay. It's hard to tell in the dark. Fort Myers and Naples got slammed and the storm surge was so bad. I am just hoping that most people evacuated.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope DeadBob & Lady Tang are safe. I believe they live in the area hit.

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone impacted. We’ve got a hard road to recovery but Floridians have a long history of pulling together in times of need. We’ll git ‘er done.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Combined the 'doing well' threads. It's already not exactly UO related so one thread should be suffice for UHall.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I should have post in OT

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mom started Hospice at home so I came down to Daytona to take care of her. Hospice put her in a respite center for the hurricane. I'm in a hotel through Saturday. Her home is under water from what her neighbor across the street, who's trapped in her home, says. Police have the area blocked off. The winds and rain let up for the most part but it's been a rough day. Mom probably won't have a home to go to.
I'm not sure what's next. Fire? Brimstone?

Sorry, I'm overwhelmed and exhausted at the moment but I'll be back to my usual cantankerous self before too long.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Edited thread to add Puerto Rico.

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
FPL expects 95 percent of Charlotte county's electricity to be back on by the 9th. My brother, who is there year round, is feeling a little better about things since he went back to work. He is an essential employee in healthcare and is happy to be able to microwave a meal and have a place to charge his devices. We have a lot of solar-powered battery banks that we use at the beach but he's putting them to good use powering his USB fan so he can sleep during the heat of the day. They did have gas for essential workers, which I thought was nice, in the middle of the night last night so he's feeling better about being able to get to and from work. My aunt and uncle have a place in Venice and it was minimally impacted too. The clean up in our community, like so many others, is going to be extensive. We are probably going to rent a U-Haul and bring supplies from Texas after the holidays for ANOTHER winter of repairs, restoration, etc. As much as I'm not looking forward to that, I'm so incredibly grateful that we have a home still standing to repair and restore.

As a part-time Floridian ... I want to thank all the other states who sent people and the companies that coordinated before the storm to get down there and get in as soon as the worst of it passed. I am so thankful for those people who are taking time away from their loved ones to come and make sure our loved ones are able to get back to some semblance of normalcy as quickly as possible. And the National Guard, which has had a huge presence in Charlotte County (also, thank you Coast Guard!). The first-responders in Charlotte County are pretty awesome anyhow and they continue to step it up. I have to admit, it's quiet in the summer when they snowbirds are gone but I think we are all looking forward to the positive economic impact they have. And they are REALLY good about supporting local businesses. I can't even begin to tell you what it means to us :heart:

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Im in NE Florida (Jacksonville) and we came through it just fine. We didnt even loose our dish and had coverage the whole time. We are about 20 miles or so inland from the ocean.

We havent heard from Beli who lives in Naples. I hope he is safe.

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
I just heard from my family and he has electricity but no water yet. They are running a stress test I guess tomorrow and then we'll see. He said that FEMA and the National Guard was in the community today. They dropped off a pallet of MUCH APPRECIATED water. Arcadia, which is to the east of him, is still underwater, according to his co-worker. She said her car is still covered in water. They are still not back into their home base for work but their patients are up at another hospital. He said that the food distribution sites were running smoothly and he was able to get a couple cases of MREs and water. The stores that ARE open are either getting stock in and it's gone by the afternoon or they only have shelf-stable items that were in there before the hurricane.

For me, it's the sound. I was watching @Acid Rain video and that's the sound I heard while we were on the phone with him. It's literally unlike anything I've heard before and, being in West Texas, I know wind sounds. It's horrible and I hope everyone here and their loved ones made it through.