• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fish monger’s quest issue

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t do these quest but a player on Pac was up to a 6 fish request and did some last night. Today he logged in started a quest and it was only 1 fish he lost all his reputation

how can this be fixed GM did nothing to help

I’ll post this over there as well

tyvm

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don’t do these quest but a player on Pac was up to a 6 fish request and did some last night. Today he logged in started a quest and it was only 1 fish he lost all his reputation

how can this be fixed GM did nothing to help

I’ll post this over there as well

tyvm
It's like this for me all the time

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm seems broken to me

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did he cancel a Fishmonger quest and dry dock his ship? Canceling a Fishmonger quest (which tosses the crate overboard) loses Fishmonger reputation. If you want to dry dock your ship, make sure to turn in all your remaining Fishmonger quests, and refuse to accept new ones before you dry dock.

I worked that questline like mad to earn my 2nd 120 Fishing PS.
120 Fishing PS.PNG

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, but it's working as intended. As long as it doesn't fall below 20 fish of each type his rep is fine. Once an order for six lines is delivered for a particular city it starts again at one line, other cities will continue to build to six and then fall back to one in turn.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you all I’ll let him know

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's like this for me all the time
And why didn't you know they reset once you do six line ones for a city? Instead of pretending it is a bug.

Too bad the city trade runs do not reset back to one.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And why didn't you know they reset once you do six line ones for a city? Instead of pretending it is a bug.

Too bad the city trade runs do not reset back to one.
I never said it was a bug oh great argumentative one

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
all ill say is the fishing quests are a scripters dream and can be a non cheaters nightmare lol

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, but it's working as intended. As long as it doesn't fall below 20 fish of each type his rep is fine. Once an order for six lines is delivered for a particular city it starts again at one line, other cities will continue to build to six and then fall back to one in turn.
I don't remember it going from 6 lines to 1, ever.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't remember it going from 6 lines to 1, ever.
this what several have told me in game and on discord
So once again know clear answer or direction par for UO

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this what several have told me in game and on discord
So once again know clear answer or direction par for UO
I haven't done the quest in over a year, and I'm fairly certain if I go accept one right now, there's no way in hell it's going to be a 1 liner.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, that proves that the last quest you delivered for whichever town you took that from was a 4 liner and you have not lost reputation with the fishers. The next order you take from that particular town will be a 6 liner, and the one after that a one. How many lines the quest you get from Britain when you deliver that one will depend on how many lines the last order you delivered for Britain was.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fishing is a little too mundane for me but maybe someone can answer this question:

If you receive a 120 fishing scroll (or even something else ) at 6lines x 20 fish; do you need to start all over at 1 line x 5 fish? Or do you just cycle back around (like you would anyway) to 1 line x 20 fish?

If it's that latter then that's not a bad setup because you only need to complete 5 more runs for that town before being potentially eligible for another 120 scroll.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't drop below 20 fish unless you really, really screw up your reputation setting. You will find you are delivering orders of varying number of lines for the different fish mongers, while one has cycled back to one line, others are building towards 6.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you don't drop below 20 fish unless you really, really screw up your reputation setting. You will find you are delivering orders of varying number of lines for the different fish mongers, while one has cycled back to one line, others are building towards 6.
Cool. So although you are dropping down to 1 line; you are really only 5 more quests away from getting a 120 scroll for any given city (once every city has hit 6 lines x 20fish). I think that kinda helps. It's not like you have to build all the way back up to 100 from zero... it's more like going to 100 from 75. Could be worse.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool. So although you are dropping down to 1 line; you are really only 5 more quests away from getting a 120 scroll for any given city (once every city has hit 6 lines x 20fish). I think that kinda helps. It's not like you have to build all the way back up to 100 from zero... it's more like going to 100 from 75. Could be worse.
Ya but this is UO. You have a chance for it to increase :)

For each fish (or crustacean) that you have completed an order for, you get a chance to get an order for 2 different kinds of fish. The same way, for each fish that you have completed an order for twice, you get a chance to get an order for 3 different kinds of fish. This progresses until you are getting the largest order of 6 different kinds of fish. While your chance for a larger order increases, it will ultimately be evaluated by the Rng.