• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] 25th Anniversary Gifts Available on TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/7/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce 25th Anniversary Gifts are available for testing on TC1. All veteran characters 30-days or older are eligible to receive a 25th Anniversary Gift box which includes, 25th Anniversary Card & 25th Anniversary Token The 25th Anniversary Token can be redeemed for one of the following gifts, Silver Anniversary Shield The shield, when double clicked, will display a stylized version of the Ultima Online Charter Edition Box art with an anniversary inscription along with a musical accompaniment of Stones. The shield also bears the inscription, September 24, 1997 – the date Ultima Online launched. […]

Continue reading...

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh nooz! Are deem makin uzinz kollect uh buuk fum each City und uh Skull jug fum all da dungeonz?! Dat meanz uh popps post aboot storage uhgin! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got a book that just says dungeons...

Maybe there will be a way to get pages to add to them?

1657218046573.png

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silver Intoxicating Liquor

The skull shaped bottle, when double clicked will inebriate the imbiber. The bottle is available in 11 common and 1 rare hue.

Be nice to use this during the Hag quest.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

The skull shaped bottle, when double clicked will inebriate the imbiber. The bottle is available in 11 common and 1 rare hue.

Be nice to use this during the Hag quest.
it only takes 2 clicks to become drunk

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had hoped for a really nice 25th token. The skull bottles look OK, and at least the shield can be a wall deco I guess, but....

This is 25 years. 25 years of folks interacting together in the same game. UO has encompassed the entire life of some of its players. In years past we have gotten some decent tokens with a lot of options. I expected this one to be all out. I know I sound negative here, and I get it that no one is pulling Kyronix off NL work to make a new item for an annual token like a special dye or pet or armor piece. But everything that doesn't involve him but relies on Mesanna or Bleak just has this whole "least effort possible" vibe. Just look at the placement of the spawn points at the beginning of destard. At this point NL must be amazing to justify riding on low effort everywhere else for the last few years. But it won't be. It can't be at this point. I guess I had just hoped for more from the token. Something that said holy **** we made it 25 years! Instead of something that said ok our artist made some graphics, what's the least amount of work we can do with these? Dungeon. Swamp. FFS.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes multiple colors of skulls
so far i have gotten

View attachment 132033
They gave away how many colors, you have to find which is the rare one. :)
I got drunk on 1 click.

Wish we could hold the bottle.

I like the 25 on the Shield.

Book is nice and it plays music. Plays in your backpack, very nice!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They gave away how many colors, you have to find which is the rare one. :)
I got drunk on 1 click.

Wish we could hold the bottle.

I like the 25 on the Shield.

Book is nice and it plays music. Plays in your backpack, very nice!
when I was writing my post, Rieley posted the item count
which is why I didn't go back and edit with the number.
And I know there is only one color left to add to my picture.

1657285997787.png
I got all but 1166 myself
someone left it next to my character when I was looking on here.
(I don't know who left it on the table by me, but I did see Raven on my journal.)

==========

I know some people said it wouldn't allow them to drink more than once, but my crafter clicked on it twice and I heard the sound both times. Immediately after the 2nd time, she started to hiccup and the journal message said *You decide you've had enough to drink...* 3rd time it did nothing

My tamer tried it and only was able to drink once from one. Then was immediately allowed to drink from another one.
I'm guessing my crafter was able to do it twice from one skull,
is because she must have been hungry.
I don't keep her well fed like I do my tamer.

this liquor doesn't seem to last very long.
while I was writing this, my tamer stopped hiccuping
and I was able to drink again.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had hoped for a really nice 25th token. The skull bottles look OK, and at least the shield can be a wall deco I guess, but....

This is 25 years. 25 years of folks interacting together in the same game. UO has encompassed the entire life of some of its players. In years past we have gotten some decent tokens with a lot of options. I expected this one to be all out. I know I sound negative here, and I get it that no one is pulling Kyronix off NL work to make a new item for an annual token like a special dye or pet or armor piece. But everything that doesn't involve him but relies on Mesanna or Bleak just has this whole "least effort possible" vibe. Just look at the placement of the spawn points at the beginning of destard. At this point NL must be amazing to justify riding on low effort everywhere else for the last few years. But it won't be. It can't be at this point. I guess I had just hoped for more from the token. Something that said holy **** we made it 25 years! Instead of something that said ok our artist made some graphics, what's the least amount of work we can do with these? Dungeon. Swamp. FFS.
You aren't wrong. It does feel a little "light" for a 25th anniversary gift and sort of feel like the gifts from the past few years like the opal and bronze etc. Unfortunately the creativity side of the house has been lacking for several years in many areas. Nothing wrong with these gifts as it gives people who like to hoard junk, more of it to collect but I agree that we've arguably had better gifts for other random years than this (thinking to the year we all got those horse statues).

If they wanted to re-use anything you would think they would re-use the horse statue (we got this for a random year like 16th anniv) and make it a "silver steed" that works very similar to those other statues and maybe give the horses like swamp dragon stats (and maybe even allow a dragon barding deed to be used on them)? Even the thought on the container seems re-used; "25th Anniversary Gift Box". It's just a wooden box dyed silver. Why not just make a small tweak here and make it a silver color "strong box" that says something like "25th "Silver" Anniversary Strong Box". It's just a small tweak but it's something with a fresh twist instead of "X Anniversary Gift Bag/Box". Definitely feels like they are looking to take the path of least resistance (effort).

1657288795157.png

The 25th year gift for me will likely be just like the past several years; I'll claim 1 of each and throw the rest of the tokens on my home shard in a bag while not even bothering with any other shard.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the bag you get on test center doesnt say 25th anny on it like years past either. just a plain grey cloth bag :rolleyes:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the bag you get on test center doesnt say 25th anny on it like years past either. just a plain grey cloth bag :rolleyes:
the bag is received after chosing your item.
They have never had anything written on them.
Just the container that the token comes in, will have the anniversary on it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just the container that the token comes in, will have the anniversary on it.
Yes I think this is standard. We usually get a backpack that is hued. Then a Bag for the item, I think those were hued, but I tossed all mine to replace with butterflies and such. :)

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
pretty sure i have some bags with _____ year anniversary in them

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I agree about the box should be a silver strong box.
It would be like making a statement... 25 years strong.

This one actually reminds me of the shadow and crystal boxes
you got from the token, that was in the 9th Anniversary.
which could be what made them think of that.

===========

I love the skulls but kinda disappointed that they didn't do one in the wildfire color or the daemonic forces color...
but I guess they didn't want them to look toxic.

=========

About there not being more options this time...
they added lot to the 20th Anniversary token.
And they got lot of feedback at meet & greets
complaining about it.
(wasn't me, because i liked having options)

that there were too many options.
I even saw someone complain that there wasn't anything new
on that token. seems they didn't notice the confetti cannon or platinum dragon statue on there.
not to mention new sands of sosaria added.
(others complained about that, because they said it made the old ones worthless. but the prices went up on them.)

===========

About the Tome.
I love the sound and that you can click it to change to another one too.

one thing I don't like about it...
the left side only says what the other side is about.

It would have been cool if there was a description there.
example:

SWAMP

I happened upon a swamp when I saw a bog thing.
As I took up my sword against this monster
I saw someone running towards me.
I called out because I was glad for the help.
but he could not hear me because I became a ghost.
I did not realize that he was a pk.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are one or two bags with words, but I don't think they are anniversary.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
pretty sure i have some bags with _____ year anniversary in them
when you get a gift in your backpack
that container (whether it is a box, bag or backpack)
will have the anniversary on it

the earlier years the items came inside the container.

lately they have been giving us tokens
(once you choose an item from that token,
a bag appears in your backpack with the item you chose.
they don't have the year on them)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not. I love that art. Reminds me of old 90s Western gaming and those skulls look amazing.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
12th was a ticket. When you choose, you got the bag.

1657459292296.png 1657459362356.png

Same for 13th, 14th, 15th...I think 16th?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found among my secures anniversary gift bags labeled 12, 13, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 24 and 300 :D
12 was a round bag, 13 & 15 was a back pack, 16, 17, 18 were round bags, 19 onwards are back packs 300 is round. Not sure about 14. Can't find one of those.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
14th was a Gift ticket, you got the backpack when you chose your reward
1657466484897.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think 13/14th anniv was around one of my hiatuses from the game where I don't think I logged in to even get the gift. I like the options there for the 14th anniversary ticket. There is something functional/usable (ie dye tub / mannequin) along with a bunch of decoration options. I'm not sure why that would be unpopular versus what we've received the past few years which is just 2-3 options with different hues.

The recent gifts seem to be geared towards the people who decorate (or collect) where they want to get all 13 hues of the same reward instead of the people who do not want to have every hue and would prefer unique decorations or just something they can actually use when playing.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have a pic of the book

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Considering it's the silver anniversary...I would hazard a guess that the silver one would be the rare one.

I only had 5 characters there old enough to get one though so we'll see.

Miretar

Journeyman
And here I was thinking that the 25th Anniversary celebration gifts were for everyone, not just a select few. They seem a bit lackluster in any case.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I was thinking that the 25th Anniversary celebration gifts were for everyone, not just a select few. They seem a bit lackluster in any case.
How are they for a select few?

Personally speaking, I'm thinking about the work that went into creating 20 different pictures in the book, so I appreciate that at least.

But then I don't look at 'gifts' with a view to 'How much can I sell them for' as some people have been known to do.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
We had characters on TC
because we went there to test stuff.

When the DEVs put the rest of the next Publish there
then they will probably turn the character copy back on.
Then other people can check them out.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
When the DEVs put the rest of the next Publish there
then they will probably turn the character copy back on.
Character copy seems to be back on now. I copied a char during the night from Drachenfels to TC1.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Character copy seems to be back on now. I copied a char during the night from Drachenfels to TC1.
I was trying to get on uo.com this morning & couldn't.
Usually when that happens they are updating the wiki there.
It is back up now, but no notes for Publish 113 yet.
(looks like publish 113 won't come out until the end of the year...)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup they will be only for the players that log on for that 30 day period in September. So no one will force you to get the lackluster gifts. If one does appear in your backpack you can drop it on the ground.