• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rains of Mantis

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Ultima Online Community,

I have created for your enjoyment a small movie-short (Rains of Mantis), with the help of my friends, that relate to the social concerns of the most recent event, particularly regarding that of collecting eggs. As most of you know, over a short period of time, finding eggs became rather difficult and as part, this story belongs to all of us, as we all share together across every-server, the same issues. In this we are the same.

The PAWS Soulforge on the Pacific Server is the keeper of memories of long-ago player run city, the City of Paws, named after a fishing village before Trinsic was even established. To celebrate the 25th anniversary of this game I have been developing a book series entitled: “Sandals of Time”.

Over the course of this year, I have released 2 of the 5-book series on the Pacific server forums and once all 5 of the book series are finished, I will release the entire work for those here that enjoy lore, reading and the like, officially on your server.

I plan to produce further movie shorts, as time goes on, as this is the first one that I have attempted. I hope you find some semblance of joy watching (Rains of Mantis), as I have enjoyed making it for you.

The general themes of The PAWS Soulfroge are always the following:

• To remember is to find your way
  • This is the story of your realm and everyone has a part to play.

Best regards and fare thee well,

-Palm Copenhagen

The PAWS Soulforge, Pacific Server

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
This was stupid, so I hit "stop" 30 seconds in, you're welcome..
30 seconds and a determination, but incapable of going the distance of 4 minutes and 26 seconds, to gain perspective and understanding.

My only question would be why you would feel you needed to even spend the time to write anything at all, as those seconds seem so precious to you. Perhaps you could have found a better use of the 15 seconds you spent making your comments.

Good luck with you.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
30 seconds and a determination, but incapable of going the distance of 4 minutes and 26 seconds, to gain perspective and understanding.

My only question would be why you would feel you needed to even spend the time to write anything at all, as those seconds seem so precious to you. Perhaps you could have found a better use of the 15 seconds you spent making your comments.

Good luck with you.
I had 10 available seconds so I read your reply..then in between crackers and hummus I found the time to type this.

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Well that's nice, perhaps my satire isn't your brand of humor, sorry you didn't like it, but through your forum title of "Grand Poobah", as also being satirical, for the phrase means high officer or grand master, over that which no one else holds any value in.

&

Based on your last attempt at humor to my response, this does in-fact seems to suggest that you do like some jokes.

Maybe the next video that I do, I shall keep your comments in mind and try to tell a story that you might spend more than 30 seconds of your time on enjoying.

I will aim for 40 seconds, I think and push those all into the front of the video, so as reduce your own personal suffering in this matter.

thanks and good luck.

-Palm Copenhagen

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the record, I didn't pick Grand Poobah, it's kind of silly...

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Palm Copenhagen, you'll have to excuse @GarthGrey, his opinions don't reflect the views of anyone, yet he's always willing to share them. Keep doing what you're doing and nevermind him. He is a sad, lonely guy. Too much time spent at sea I reckon.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well @GarthGrey, the difference is in contribution. This isn't the first time you come on Stratics to express your opinion of how much you don't like someone else's work. You have the option to remain silent or critique in a matter that isn't immediately hostile. You give out these unsolicited opinions, yet I have never read any sort of contribution from you. These forums need more people contributing content. Do you think @Palm Copenhagen wants to continue contributing when you provide these baseless, weak opinions?

Please Garth, why don't you produce some content that is worthy of reading, watching, or listening to? I know I would be interested. I read, watch, and listen to all of the fiction and RP on Stratics, it's the main reason I sill frequent these forums. If you need help writing something or some ideas just let me know, but I'm sure you won't because everyone else's content is stupid. If you need help posting, you can always contact @Larisa, she has been begging for other people to contribute original content. I wonder why shy has a hard time finding interested people.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where is me killing mantis and is sidekick achmed (the bots ) a million times, and his cartel noob body guards?

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
where is me killing mantis and is sidekick achmed (the bots ) a million times, and his cartel noob body guards?
It's there at the end, just represented once with the finale. I didn't want to make the movie seem disrespectful to anyone, regardless of how people feel. This is why, by-in-large all the names were edited out. I Just wanted the simple idea from a story telling perspective, that this was apart of the event, it took up a great deal amount of energy from in-game resources, player resources and the person/s that the story represents, since there are many people involved, as you so clearly point out.

I didn't want to make any statements as opinion rather just present his story in a way easy to digest with a little British-humor at the start and some good old fashioned American-satire at the end. The flame strike represents the many people who hunted him or other people like him down.

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wrong forum. Siege didnt really have these issues with this event.

ok that made me laugh, after reading about this being in the siege forums I had to check out the video.

Someone should have done this for say a VICE person, that would have been funny to see one of them following the egg trail hehe

But I will say I was waiting for the 'big bird' to come out and attack him in the end from a hugh nest. oh well still made me laugh

i'm not sure what issues you were commenting about for eggs and seige, but for me i found my eggs i needed got what i wanted and moved along. I am sure there might be a farmer on siege collecting eggs, since I heard from comments from others that there are farmers on siege also, were not immune to them. but hey who knows for sure but them farmers hehe still laughing picturing a VICE following blindly that egg trail

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
still laughing picturing a VICE following blindly that egg trail
it was actually quite the opposite. We often laid out a trail of eggs to get the egg scripters to leave guardzone so we could whack 'em. It got too tedious though so we just whacked them in guardzone...

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
ok that made me laugh, after reading about this being in the siege forums I had to check out the video.

Someone should have done this for say a VICE person, that would have been funny to see one of them following the egg trail hehe

But I will say I was waiting for the 'big bird' to come out and attack him in the end from a hugh nest. oh well still made me laugh

i'm not sure what issues you were commenting about for eggs and seige, but for me i found my eggs i needed got what i wanted and moved along. I am sure there might be a farmer on siege collecting eggs, since I heard from comments from others that there are farmers on siege also, were not immune to them. but hey who knows for sure but them farmers hehe still laughing picturing a VICE following blindly that egg trail
I'm glad you liked it, the movie wasn't political, Just something fun me and some other people worked on to make some content for your enjoyment.

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
it was actually quite the opposite. We often laid out a trail of eggs to get the egg scripters to leave guardzone so we could whack 'em. It got too tedious though so we just whacked them in guardzone...
Yes, that is where I got the idea for the movie short, the fact that people were doing this at first.

I thought: Now that would be funny to lead a scripter through the entire world and back like Frodo on some ring quest.