• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP spellcaster build recommendations

JustMe

Adventurer
Was hoping y’all could recommend a few PvP spellcaster builds. I haven’t played since around 2000 and never PvP (dial up) The character will be strictly for PvP fun. Thanks in advance!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A build that's currently popular is the Bushido Mage (aka the "Bok Mage"). Its more of a hybrid than a true caster, but lots of fun none the less.

Usually has the following skills:
110 Magery
120 Eval Intel
120 Bushido
120 Parrying
120 Resist Spells
120 Swordsmanship
060 Tactics

Template uses a Bokuto for Nerve Strike special move. Nerve strike damage scales with Bushido. Only 60 tactics needed in order to perform nerve strike. Need to be able to find atleast 40 to 60 skill points from items. Generally only 110 Magery needed since you're not really performing any 8th circle spells, but suggested to bump up to 120 Magery if you have the skill points available. Need atleast 80 dex after using potions, although probably a bit higher to have a buffer for when you get cursed.

Others might have some of their own variations on the build (I'm certainly not an expert in PVP), but that should give you the general break down. Here's a YouTube guide on the build that I suggest having a look at:
(346) The Bok Mage Build - YouTube

Good luck!

JustMe

Adventurer
Before reading this I was thinking
fencing 120
parrying 120
Margery120
focus 100
eval int 120
Inscription 100
With skill equipment I still have 110 available. should I do resist spells or Bushido?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Before reading this I was thinking
fencing 120
parrying 120
Margery120
focus 100
eval int 120
Inscription 100
With skill equipment I still have 110 available. should I do resist spells or Bushido?
Let me play the devil's advocate here..

Why Focus? Are you really casting so much while fighting that you need this for Stam/Mana regen? Don't forget about Refresh pots to refill Stam.

Even inscription... have you tested this out in the battlefield and seen a major difference?

Resist Spells is pretty crucial in PVP. So that should be your priority. And if you were to change both those skills I questioned above, you can fit Bushido too.

Another thought... If you're a fencer, perhaps take advantage of Poisoning so you can inflict deadly poison with the infectious strike special from Krysses.

Last edited: