• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To play a RED you have got to be Stupid.

I'm trying to understand the mentality behind being a RED player. Now keep in mind if you play a RED toon and you only attack other RED's then I'm not talking about you. But for a RED to attack a player that has no PVP skill at all, what is the point? Isn't that in the real world just called bulling. Yes I know if you go to Fel you are fare game. There I just made your argument for ya. LOL

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A kill is a kill no matter who it is. All kills matter

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
actually the reason I don't like going to fel
is because I don't like being attacked.

It actually goes back to the first year I was play.
My cousin had originally gotten me started to play
and she was with a guy at the time.
As soon as they broke up
she became involved with someone in game.

He got her to ally our guild with his.
And he would repeatedly kill my crafter
and loot everything from me.
I kept telling her to make him stop
but she thought it was funny.

so one day he killed me in Luna.
as soon as I got my body, he attacked again.
I told him to stop, but he continued.
I got my body again & as soon as he attacked
I dropped from the guild and he killed me.
I reported him as a murderer.

my cousin let me back in her guild
& he did the same thing a couple days later.
but that time he became RED & had to live in fel.
She built a house near his
but soon after they had a falling out.
And he demanded that she return a suit.
(he crafted a couple pieces, but she paid for the ingredients.
And the rest of the outfit. but he wanted all of it)
so there was a WAR for a lil while

for the longest time, when I hear fel music
it would take me back to those memories...

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually the reason I don't like going to fel
is because I don't like being attacked.

It actually goes back to the first year I was play.
My cousin had originally gotten me started to play
and she was with a guy at the time.
As soon as they broke up
she became involved with someone in game.

He got her to ally our guild with his.
And he would repeatedly kill my crafter
and loot everything from me.
I kept telling her to make him stop
but she thought it was funny.

so one day he killed me in Luna.
as soon as I got my body, he attacked again.
I told him to stop, but he continued.
I got my body again & as soon as he attacked
I dropped from the guild and he killed me.
I reported him as a murderer.

my cousin let me back in her guild
& he did the same thing a couple days later.
but that time he became RED & had to live in fel.
She built a house near his
but soon after they had a falling out.
And he demanded that she return a suit.
(he crafted a couple pieces, but she paid for the ingredients.
And the rest of the outfit. but he wanted all of it)
so there was a WAR for a lil while

for the longest time, when I hear fel music
it would take me back to those memories...
That sounds like way to much drama for me!! I been In like 7 guilds throughout my pvp career and a little more. People got kicked out of the guild for stealing,being Informats for other guilds,and killing afk people at the bank or In general,or being to big of a loud mouth In TS with a ego complex. Pvp career lasted 15 years with It's ups and downs.

Its just like in a game like Rust or any shooter. You have people that want fights, want conflict.

UO Gives us the joys of Trammel to hide in. So I say if you do not want to get violated without lube do not go to Fel.

Easy for everyone!! We stay safe in Trammel. Everyone who goes to Fel can get greased up!!

Just to be clear. When I say all Reds I mean that as the class and not the man. I have met a few Red's and they are not bad people. its just a play style which I don't care for. I don't mind watching it happen though.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That sounds like way to much drama for me!! I been In like 7 guilds throughout my pvp career and a little more. People got kicked out of the guild for stealing,being Informats for other guilds,and killing afk people at the bank or In general,or being to big of a loud mouth In TS with a ego complex. Pvp career lasted 15 years with It's ups and downs.
Now to talk about drama, when I started playing, I made a few friends on both sides. I tried PK runs but didn't have the taste for it, preferring to dirtnap the "u suk" red cowards that did Kal Ort Por once they saw a fair fight. (Blocking recall for aggressors was a huge improvement.) I also had friends that I'd do regular adventuring with. One of my "nice" friends was attractive IRL, but she was five years older, and already divorced with a kid. So I wasn't interested in anything IRL, though we had fun flirting now and then. Nothing ever happened and we never even met. But she had a guildmate who was insanely jealous of me, because he wanted her IRL and thought I had something with her.

He built up this big drama that when my friend and I had our wedding (was never even going to happen!), he and his friends were going to kill everybody. Yeah, he and all two of his pals? They were even eavesdropping on me at the bank as ghosts, I guess trying to learn all my big secrets. I didn't know until one of my friends happened to have died, came out of the Skara moongate, and saw us at the bank when he was looking for the healers. But the worst part was that they somehow got my ICQ number and started sending me all kinds of threats, from driving me off the shard to finding me in real life. We told the GM, who at first denied any of his people would be like that. When confronted with unimpeachable witnesses, the GM said, "Well, I can't control individual people's actions."

Eventually this burr in my saddle just disappeared, and I never knew exactly why. Maybe he got the point that a lot more people liked me. One night at an RP hangout, he and the rest of his three-man brigade showed up and stupidly said they were going to kill me. Suddenly half a dozen people went into war mode, ready to defend me, but also ready to noto them if they went gray. This was after the reputation patch, but before UO was even a year old. And there were lots of the standard "It's just a game, don't take it so seriously!" excuses, which invariably came from the PKs who delighted in wasting people's time, and the wannabe troublemakers trying to stir up trouble.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Being good at pvp doesn't mean you're a "fighter" you're just better at macro management and scripting reds don't want to fight they want victims and stuff to take from said victims if they weren't all just trammy care bears in wolfs clothing who need insurance and the safety of tram Siege would be packed...