• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Template

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It depends on your starting stats on the bane and what you want to use it for. Banes have some parameters which can decide what you use it for.

If it's a high stat bane you can do chivalry aswell.

AS ALWAYS, BEFORE YOU DO THIS ON PRODUCTION SHARD.
Copy to test-center and/or use a tool to plot out your pet!
DONT DO THIS LIVE ON THE FLY IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

I recommend:

Stat attributes:
HP - minimum 600 on finished build
stam 150
Mana 400 (remember, at max strenght your bane will have a hidden mana pool to use, also regen is more important than mana dumping)

700 str
150 dex
370 int

Regen attributes:
20 HPR
5 SR (IF THERE IS TRAINING POINTS FREE)
30 MRR

Resists:
Either 80 80 45 80 80, 80 80 80 45 80 , 80 75 70 70 70 .
Depends on your preference and what your bane comes with in starting points. Remember you only got a total of 365 resist.
So if your bane has high poison resist you might want to do a different resist layout.

Max base dmg (on slot 5)

Skills:
A bane is a legacy pet so I really think it's worth saving up for 120 scrolls.

Special moves/attacks:
As for skills. You cant go wrong with AI.

Magic school:
If your pet has high stats you might want to try a chivalry bane.
Some people like Mage Mastery on their banes.

AOE:
GOO or poison breath is optional . Depends on usage for the pet and training points remaining.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It depends on your starting stats on the bane and what you want to use it for. Banes have some parameters which can decide what you use it for.

If it's a high stat bane you can do chivalry aswell.

AS ALWAYS, BEFORE YOU DO THIS ON PRODUCTION SHARD.
Copy to test-center and/or use a tool to plot out your pet!
DONT DO THIS LIVE ON THE FLY IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

I recommend:

Stat attributes:
HP - minimum 600 on finished build
stam 150
Mana 400 (remember, at max strenght your bane will have a hidden mana pool to use, also regen is more important than mana dumping)

700 str
150 dex
370 int

Regen attributes:
20 HPR
5 SR (IF THERE IS TRAINING POINTS FREE)
30 MRR

Resists:
Either 80 80 45 80 80, 80 80 80 45 80 , 80 75 70 70 70 .
Depends on your preference and what your bane comes with in starting points. Remember you only got a total of 365 resist.
So if your bane has high poison resist you might want to do a different resist layout.

Max base dmg (on slot 5)

Skills:
A bane is a legacy pet so I really think it's worth saving up for 120 scrolls.

Special moves/attacks:
As for skills. You cant go wrong with AI.

Magic school:
If your pet has high stats you might want to try a chivalry bane.
Some people like Mage Mastery on their banes.

AOE:
GOO or poison breath is optional . Depends on usage for the pet and training points remaining.
Poison breath seems to be redundant, since Bane has innate Lethal poison AOE, that it will produce after feeding him the blackrock stew (1 stew/24 hrs, can easily make them if you need or buy them if youre rich).
GOO would be the more appropriate choice probably.
Agree try him/her on the TC1 before doing anything with this pet.
By the way Lex, what is the benefit of Magery Mastery if it debuffs itself? PVP? or it is not a significant debuf?
Been thinking of MM for mine, but have not touched him yet..Thanks.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree that goo is a better choice . That's what I put on mine most of the time.
PB if you want it to proc poisoning 24/7.

There is another thread here in taming forum which discusses this. "Debuff" is mostly spells to increase the resist of what it's taking most damage at at the time. It'll get lower resists in others then.

But apparently the effect of this isn't too bad and it seem to deal decent damage. Needs more testing though. I know Fargoth is testing his atm.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To me, the real strength of a Bane Dragon appears to be AoE. Had some fun testing a fed Bane Dragon with Frenzied WW+Explosive Goo at the Dragon Turtle Champ on TC.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me, the real strength of a Bane Dragon appears to be AoE. Had some fun testing a fed Bane Dragon with Frenzied WW+Explosive Goo at the Dragon Turtle Champ on TC.
@PlayerSkillFTW

Out of curiosity, how high intensity was your Bane Dragon ?

The reason for asking, is that I tried on the Pet Planner to add FWW and then scroll Ninjitsu to 120 on a 70% Intensity (untrained) Bane Dragon, and that caused a drop of 600 Training Points.... meaning, that if I was to traing the Bane Dragon with FWW/Explosive Goo and 120 Ninjitsu, I'd have to cut some 600 training points somewhere else....

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW

Out of curiosity, how high intensity was your Bane Dragon ?

The reason for asking, is that I tried on the Pet Planner to add FWW and then scroll Ninjitsu to 120 on a 70% Intensity (untrained) Bane Dragon, and that caused a drop of 600 Training Points.... meaning, that if I was to traing the Bane Dragon with FWW/Explosive Goo and 120 Ninjitsu, I'd have to cut some 600 training points somewhere else....
@popps I'll sell you a bane with fww dirt cheap

tammy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
on the first round of training there are 1501 training points how should those be applied with template above ai, goo, mage master.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
on the first round of training there are 1501 training points how should those be applied with template above ai, goo, mage master.
Why ruin a Bane when a Wildfire Ostard can make a Build like that. And suck just as bad.

tammy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
ok on my 2nd round of training points .... here is what im thinking but not sure what else i should add.... chiv, poison , or discord... and with the extra points leaves me with 48... sorry for the hand holding lol just dont wanna f-up my first bane ;) 1634318858840.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@tammy don't scroll Eva Int if you will go disco or chivalry. Pet will loose Magery.
You are wasting 200 points
You will need them for scrolling chiv or disco

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Copy your tamer to test center and make it there please.