• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch Error

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else getting patch error? Classic client/Uoassist. Everything patched just fine on Monday. Now it wont let me get past the patch screen. A small dialogue window in the background pops up saying, "The program was unable to complete the patch operation. Please try again later".

It is not UOAssist causing the issue. I started UO client without it. Same Error.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
have you tried checking the "perform full file check" box? or can you get to it.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried checking the "perform full file check" box? or can you get to it.
Can't. As soon as the popup window with the error, it locks you out of the patch screen. Then when you hit "ok" the client closes.

[2021/09/22 13:42:19] Failed to load module [http]
[2021/09/22 13:42:19] libpatchclient initialized.
[2021/09/22 13:42:19] Currently running as [G:\yaddayadda\uo.exe]
[2021/09/22 13:42:19] Currently running as [G:\yaddayadda\uo.exe]
[2021/09/22 13:42:19] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2021/09/22 13:42:19] Failed to load module [http]
[2021/09/22 13:42:19] libpatchclient initialized.
[2021/09/22 13:42:19] Currently running as [G:\yaddayadda\uo.bin]
[2021/09/22 13:42:20] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2021/09/22 13:42:20] Patch size is 117233777
[2021/09/22 13:42:20] MYP::OpenMypArchive Failed to create file [artLegacyMUL.uop].
[2021/09/22 13:42:20] Failed to process pack [artLegacyMUL.uop].
[2021/09/22 13:42:20] Failed to update packed files for [uo-legacyrelease.prod].
[2021/09/22 13:42:20] Failed to patch stage [main].
[2021/09/22 13:42:20] Failed to patch main product.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have bought a New Computer by now. You have a lot of patience.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
may have to go in check the patcher folder or reinstall.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
may have to go in check the patcher folder or reinstall.
Nothing in the patch folder but the logos, etc. I deleted the folder and re-ran. It remade the folders but same error. I will give it 24 hrs to see if it will correct itself. I have had an issue before like this that was on the server side & they fixed it.

I deleted the files that were dated from Monday, did a full file scan. So far so good. I have been able to log in 3 times without issue.
gumpartLegacyMUL.uop
artLegacyMUL.uop
mft.myp

Were the files I deleted. I made a backup of the UO directory before doing so.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have bought a New Computer by now. You have a lot of patience.
Lol, you have no idea what torture I have put myself through over the decades with my love/hate relationship with software. I used to spend an entire weekend reading 50 different webpages to install one old DOS game on the hater of all things DOS - aka Win98 - operating system. In the end I won. But not sure it was worth the effort in retrospect.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing in the patch folder but the logos, etc. I deleted the folder and re-ran. It remade the folders but same error. I will give it 24 hrs to see if it will correct itself. I have had an issue before like this that was on the server side & they fixed it.

I deleted the files that were dated from Monday, did a full file scan. So far so good. I have been able to log in 3 times without issue.
gumpartLegacyMUL.uop
artLegacyMUL.uop
mft.myp

Were the files I deleted. I made a backup of the UO directory before doing so.
I think you can go into the folder and start UO without running the patcher as well. May want to do that until you figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: